It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media is two faced! 800 migrants dropped off in El Paso during Christmas week.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
800 migrants were dropped off in El Paso this Christmas week.

"The federal government has an obligation to provide humane, temporary holding facilities for these migrants in their custody until they can be accepted by NGOs like Annunciation House."

www.cnn.com...
Wait...... I thought we didn't like holding facilities???

There is just no winning with this situation. You put migrants in a holding facility, then you are cruel and barbaric. You drop off migrants and then you are cruel and barbaric. I would really like someone explain what should be done? Should we house them up in a hotel and feed, clothe and medicate them. Sure that sounds great, #1 who pays, and #2 do we treat these newly admitted "migrants" better than the thousands of homeless American kids, homeless veterans?
Sure seems like it!

www.independent.co.uk...

Rep. Beto O'Rourke, (D-Texas), told CNN that ICE was expected to drop off another 200 on Wednesday bringing the total number over four days up to 800.
"ICE said earlier this week in a statement that the mass releases are intended to make sure that families are not held longer than they are legally allowed to be detained."

edit on 27-12-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
We need to address the root causes of this mass migration.

I think we could change our foreign policy in regards to Central and South America and it would drastically improve the situation by giving the migrants a reason to stay home and not flee to our nation.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Or, we could let Democrats make the U.S. a sh'ithole nation. That would deter them from coming!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Put them on a bus back to El Salvador or wherever they came from.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Imo, the root cause is someone intentionally flooding countries with incompatible people.

It's happening globally.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

would go a long ways

but how

i dont think anything short of a civil war would stop it

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You are quite correct to point up the dilemma that the authorities are in; damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Truth be told the flood of migrants has simply overwhelmed the system and all available resources.

The obvious solution is to call in the UN to set up UN run refugee resettlement camps. They do that in many other places in the world.

You can read a bit about UN Refugee Camps and how they are run at:
www.un.org...

Then there is:
www.un.org...

Since the world elites now view migration based upon such things as climate change, economic deprivation and such as a right, it's probably inevitable that as millions more seek refugee status across US borders that the UN will have to take over administration of their processing.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I fail to see the problem. We have a lot of people here on ATS that are illegal immigrant and open border friendly. Surely they would gladly open up their homes and pocketbooks to help these poor people out. Put your money where your mouth is people, you know who you are. Chop, chop

Whats that I hear? crickets? Nah it couldn't be.

link   

umm... they usually make arrangements with local charity groups and such before they go dropping hundreds off at a local bus stop with no warning!!

by the way, one of the kids that were dropped off either here or there was sick and had to be taken to the hospital, so that's three... although, hopefully he is alive?

link   
how much would it cost to send them to New Zealand? I have been told a few times that NZ would welcome any and all refugees, and would gladly take care of them.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
how much would it cost to send them to New Zealand? I have been told a few times that NZ would welcome any and all refugees, and would gladly take care of them.

......and Australia, don't forget about our Ausie friends that are always on here telling us what our immigration laws should and shouldn't be.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Should we house them up in a hotel and feed, clothe and medicate them. Sure that sounds great, #1 who pays, and #2 do we treat these newly admitted "migrants" better than the thousands of homeless American kids, homeless veterans? Sure seems like it!

I'm willing to pay to do both help the asylum seekers and american homeless.
Why don't we do both?
Why don't we have a vote and let the american people decide on these things?

Why do we have no say in how our tax money is spent?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Surely they would gladly open up their homes and pocketbooks to help these poor people out

I have. Many times.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I know it's like people think that migrants are just being dropped off in the middle of a city and told to figure it out.

There are lots of people waiting in those cities to help the migrants.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: mtnshredder

Surely they would gladly open up their homes and pocketbooks to help these poor people out

I have. Many times.

Good on you, you're a better person for it.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Shame our ancestors had no shiny countries to escape into ?. Our folks going back were 95% dirt poor in all our great now civil isations. Our grandpops and ma's and greats before them made our great nations free and civilised. All were slaves to the church or Lords if you go back some,
Our Russian friends and Eastern Europeans not to far back. It all needs managing better with yes borders or you know you will be sorry or should do. Wakey wakey USA Uk Sweden Germany Canada France New Zealand Italy
Austria blahh blah.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Let’s send every illegal to Canada.

Every single one. I have no issue using my tax doallars. I want to see what happens when more people speak Spanish than French, and maybe even English in Canada. When soccer gets better ratings than hockey.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Let’s send every illegal to Canada.

Every single one. I have no issue using my tax doallars. I want to see what happens when more people speak Spanish than French, and maybe even English in Canada. When soccer gets better ratings than hockey.

Don't build a wall, build a bridge straight to Canada.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
You are quite correct to point up the dilemma that the authorities are in; damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Truth be told the flood of migrants has simply overwhelmed the system and all available resources.

The obvious solution is to call in the UN to set up UN run refugee resettlement camps. They do that in many other places in the world.

You can read a bit about UN Refugee Camps and how they are run at:
www.un.org...

Then there is:
www.un.org...

Since the world elites now view migration based upon such things as climate change, economic deprivation and such as a right, it's probably inevitable that as millions more seek refugee status across US borders that the UN will have to take over administration of their processing.

No. We don't need the peacekeepers setting up another pedophile ring.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Are these "migrants" or illegal immigrants, or straight up invaders?

If they've not completed the appropriate steps to legally be in the country (just visiting? I'm sure there's paperwork) then why are they being unloaded stateside?

Maybe start unloading them on the streets of DC, instead. Or maybe back to Mexico where they came from.... If Mexico doesn't want them, they can send them home.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join