It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lonely, Sad Or Not Having A Merry Christmas?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I have mild depression and no one would know really. Things like your decorated house all lit up and beautiful is so magical to me and awakens the child within. I always appreciate the efforts of all the people who make things beautiful and unaware can touch someone's life. Your house is lovely and I thank you for sharing that!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Well at least your wife can enjoy Christmas day with you.

Have fun shopping Mac! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

This might make your wife smile. LOL

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Merry Christmas dear Blue! Thanks for the vid! LOL

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Happy Solstice to you Cloud! Do you have a special way in which you celebrate the light and the days getting longer?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

That is a very sad story indeed. Sounds like the poor guy has to learn things the hard way. I don't know him or why he does what he does. Maybe leave an anonymous gift of candy or something with a card. Maybe it will make him think about changing his ways and that he should be kinder to people. Plant a seed so to speak?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

What a beautiful post from a wonderful lady! Thank you for sharing that and warming our hearts!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Chirp, this really touched my heart. Thank you for sharing such a deep and meaningful post. No matter what you have been faced with in life, you have always remained a beautiful, loving, kind and compassionate woman who anyone would be proud to call friend. I got teary eyed reading this.

I am of course so very sorry to hear about your Sister-In-Law. I know you will take good care of your Sister. You are an Earth Angel!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lidobeachjesse

What an absolutely beautiful and inspiring story! Another Earth Angel amongst us. It goes to show that it is the little things that mean the most in life. Thank you so much for sharing that experience with us!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Kind of went with my feelings. Something wasn't right and to this day, when I tell the story, I get tears in my eyes thinking what if I hadn't answered or maybe the other woman would have sensed it, too. We go through life on autopilot too often and never now what differences a few moments could make. My Christmas wishes are for us to be more aware of the people in our lives, long term or passing, and to hopefully leave the world a better place for being here.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

And thank you , Night Star, your words express what I said so much better! Too many people are hurting and small things can make the difference.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

That was touching to read.

I have a soft spot for people like that, because I was one. Many factors contributed to my life being a real disaster from my teens until my daughter was born (about 20 years). I was in a sort of fugue state, I guess, but some of my actions were indefensible and hurtful to people around me.

When my daughter was born, I strongly believe that God (or whatever, a "higher power") sent me a second chance with a stern warning to mend my broken ways. Been on the up and up ever since, even going lengths to right whatever I could.

The hard part of this experience, and the one you could never teach anyone before they screw up and have to start over, is that reconciliation is completely in the hands of the offended. You sound like the sort inclined to reconciliation, judging from the compassionate way you speak about someone who wronged you.

Merry Christmas.
edit on 23/12/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Awe hello Night Star!!! You are so sweet.

I am alone for the holidays. My son is with his father and my bf is back in Holland. We talked about him coming for the holidays but the tickets were too much and he was just here. I am just going to sit around the house on Christmas and figure out my sewing machine he got me. I took it apart today and cleaned it. I have that to work on and I got some supplies for jewelry making so that will be my holiday!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas NS!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That image is one of the coolest I have seen, Christmas Dragon and Cardinal. Plus, the cardinal reminds me of my dad, he loved those birds!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

We never know what another person may be going through. We all learn from our mistakes in order to be a better person. There is always something new to learn and experience as our lives unfold and it doesn't matter how old we are. You are delightful DOE.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Good to see you mblahnikluver!

Ooooh, I miss making jewelry! I have procrastinated for too long. Hopefully I will find motivation to get back to being creative.

I remember seeing pics of your trip with your boyfriend and they were amazing!

Merry Christmas Sweetie!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lidobeachjesse

That image is one of the coolest I have seen, Christmas Dragon and Cardinal. Plus, the cardinal reminds me of my dad, he loved those birds!

I love that pic too! Cardinals always remind me of my Mom when we would sit on the porch together. When we would see one she would be so enchanted by the beautiful red bird.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Thanks Night,
To you and yours as well!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I just experienced a Christmas Miracle.

I went to the store for last minute present buying. It was mayhem in the car parking lot. No free spaces, divorces taking place in front of my eyes, Children being threatened with "If I have to turn around" from their folks in the front seat, ya know usual Christmas cheer.

I drove straight in and first try in the first row next to my shop entrance the Lord blessed me with a bonafide miracle.
The spot was empty and I was the only person in this lane.
I was listening to Carols Radio whilst trying to Navigate my truck into the spot. The lady who turned in to my row after me must have seem my spot from the lane over and by the look of pure fury on her face she thinks she shoulda got it. She actually shook BOTH fists at me and gritted her teeth, I rolled down my window and blared on 45 max volume :

Just hear those sleigh bells jingling
Ring-ting-tingling too
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you
Outside the snow is falling
And friends are calling, "Yoo hoo"
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you
Giddy yap, giddy yap, giddy yap
Let's go, let's look at the show
We're riding in a wonderland of snow
Giddy yap, giddy yap, giddy yap
It's grand, just holding your hand
We're riding along with a song

I bolded Giddy yap, giddy yap, giddy yap because I sang it to her with a bobbing head a smile out my window. She flipped me the bird and drove of calling me not so Christmassy stuff. I realize I could have been shot then and there, but the music was too perfectly annoying to miss such an opportunity.

Before leaving with my easy to find gifts in my easy to find store, and returning to my easy to get car space, I bought the Cranky Lady a movie voucher and stuck under the windscreen wiper of her mint green car with a note saying "Giddy yap, giddy yap, giddy yap,"

Ahhhh the Spirit of Christmas.

edit on 24-12-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Merry Christmas.

We're going to my oldest daughters for Christmas dinner. It is about five miles away. Family feast. We have to make two pies and some rolls. I make the pies, the wife bakes them. The other daughter will be having a new years feast for her employees at her office, we get to go to that potluck. I'll probably make pasties for that party. I suppose if people are sniffling they might want chicken soup instead.

We have three family get togethers a year, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. We do usually have a bbq after the parade in our town for pioneer week. not as many of the family shows up for that though.

So what are you going to do for Christmas Night Star?

edit on 24-12-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone

I'll be having Christmas dinner with my son, his girlfriend, and his girlfriend's mother who I've never met before, at my ex wife's house lol
She's my most loved and trusted friend even though we've been divorced 18 years, we got over being crap as husband and wife and became friends who shared parenting as a team. Our son is also 21 on Friday so we've got a big party at the rugby club bar with free food and live bands playing. He's then flying out to Amsterdam with his gf to celebrate new year, oh to be young and in love again!

I may get two Christmas dinners because I'm going to my mates house later and they have their meal in the evening usually so if I time it right I'm good to go. My mate is like my brother, been friends nearly 30 years, most trusted person after my ex wife but I'd put them on the same pedestal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join