It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lonely, Sad Or Not Having A Merry Christmas?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Merry Christmas Dug!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

WOW! Look at that tree!!!!!! I have a little one on a table, but decorated and lit up so it's still magical.

Merry Christmas Zazzy!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Awwww, hello and Merry Christmas to Murphy! Sweet!

I will be celebrating Christmas lunch with some family members, so I will be here in the Morning if I have time, otherwise, I will come strait here after lunch.

That's twice you make me tear up tonight. LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Nice to see you Flyingclaydisk!

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Happy solstice to all. Good tidings that are found and or home made .
Peace love and mungbeans

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ima softy.. tears?? Yep check. LUNCH! bacon, stuffing, some sort of Gravy?

GRAVY, BACON??? OMG😍😍😍😍

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
A merry ATS Conspiracist Christmas to all.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I have a sad Christmas story, I had a great friend named Curt who used to spend quite a lot of time at my house. He lives in a trailer without heat, and I have internet access, which he lacks. We got along great. But then he got caught stealing from me, and it turns out he had been stealing from me for a while. He tried to get a friend to "cover" for him over Facebook, but she sent me a picture of her conversation with him instead and ratted him out.

So I think this guy probably really likes me and his other friends but has sticky fingers. Too bad that's a dealbreaker for a lot of people, including me. Lots of people in town found out about his theft. He stole expensive Magic cards and tried selling them to a shop where I had reported them stolen. His other friends have had expensive cards go missing, too, and Curt tried to sell a lot of high-end cards at the card shop, including ones I had reported as stolen, which raised suspicions.

Anyway, I feel bad for him, because this all happened right before Christmas. He lost a lot of friends. He won't be able to hang out here anymore. He doesn't have heat in his trailer. I sent the police to talk to him, and he's not that tough of a guy, it probably really freaked him out. The card shop he plays Yugioh at and loves so much knows he stole from them, which makes it awkward for him to return there (although I talked to the card shop owner, and he wants me to let Curt know that he's okay with him still). The poor guy probably won't get gifts from anyone, or have a Christmas dinner, or anything like that...
edit on 23amSun, 23 Dec 2018 01:41:33 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

(post by SR1TX removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I thought I would share this with everyone on ATS. This is a picture of our house. We have been doing this for years. The neighbors to the left and right also do the same. It seems to be catching on as it seems more and more people on the street are decorating their homes also. When people ask me why we do this I just say it's for the kids and the kid in all of us.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone
Such a thoughtful idea Night!
I took vacation from dec 20 till January 22. But my wife works for Scrooge himself and she is stuck working Xmas eve and Boxing Day.

We’re just about to head out and get our last minute gifts.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas.
I’ll pop in early on Christmas Day and get the fire going for everyone!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Well thank you for dropping by and providing us with that breaking news.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and even better new year, friend.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

People like that can only blame themselves for having such a dismal situation.
Hopefully he realizes stealing isn’t going to get him anywhere and that he lost what sounds like the only people who cared about him.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
what a great time of year. so many memories. so many good times.

all of the traditions and rituals that compound throughout the years

lighting the candles of the advent wreath one week at a time, in anticipation for the final illumination

the energy is electric

glorious

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I’ve never spent a Christmas without my family before…this is my first year. But I’m not alone, no matter if they’re here with me or not.

I have wonderful thoughts and memories to keep my heart warm/full for the holidays, family is only a phone call away, and it is a time for me to reflect and honor those who make my life better every day. I know this is not the case for everyone and I’m grateful for the many people who I have surrounding me that bring joy to my life.

I’ve learned a lot about the generosity of people throughout the holidays, what their really made of. Not talking about material things, just touching moments and heart felt gifts of thoughtfulness that bring a smile to your lips. People taking the time to have a meaningful conversation with someone who has no one else to talk with, secret Santa’s, and charity given to a complete stranger...this is meaningful to me and wonderful to see.

Besides, it’ll be fun to do as I wish and not have to dress up or accept hugs from Aunt Martha who smells… and just relax. A very different x-mas then I’m used to, but still a beautiful one.

Merry Christmas!!!

And thank you Night Star for creating this thread every year.

blend

edit on 23-12-2018 by blend57 because: Always an edit : /

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Very sweet and I would have expected this from you.

You are a dear person. You remind me of some women that I have been blessed to have met in my life and especially recently with the passing of my sister in law. Her service was Friday and it was quite lovely except, nearly, every time I leave a memorial I feel as if I should have gotten up and spoken. It seems less about honoring the person who has passed and more about the speaker proselytizing. There was no mention of her years of military service or her serving as a nurse during the Vietnam War, no mention of her undying devotion to my sister for almost 48 years, no mention of her self less concern and charity work with the poorer children of the Appalachians where the lived and the animal rescues that they both supported. No mention of her years of dedication to the Fire Department where she served as Chair person, treasurer and many other hats over the years and was Santa on Christmas delivering Toys and Supplies to the needy in the community...but,

within this small service, we all knew and loved her in our own ways so the reverend's voice trailed off somewhere and I was lost in thoughts of her. Their chiropractor that they had seen years ago, one of the female owners from the pet supply store that they had developed a deep friendship with, a woman whose daughter had been through traumatic brain injury classes with my sister in law, years ago, and they had maintained contact and friendship through the years, and her very best friend the teacher of those classes who I have developed a friendship with as well this year. The chief of the fire department took time to stop by and that was very nice. There was an energy in the air and it was soothing.

It was remarkable to see the different personalities that all came together to say good bye. Wild and wise women, salt of the earth types and I am honored to have met them and ever so grateful for all of the love and support that they gave my sister and her spouse through the years.

My sister is with me now, I have taken her to see the new house that we will be moving into...she seems to like it and she will have her own room with an attached bath, plenty of privacy. This will be a big adjustment for her and a difficult Christmas. At her tender age of 84, I am hoping to alleviate some stress as to not aggravate her Alzheimer too much.
The new landlord did agree that she could bring her cat so, there is some comfort in that for her.

It has been decided that on Christmas morning after all of the "oohs and ahhs" that we will start packing!!! LOL
I hope everyone has a wonderful day whatever you believe and whatever you choose to do.
I am choosing to love.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is a Christmas Story. Back in the day, I had a second phone line installed at my home for my fax machine. For some reason, a Non-profit group published that number as one to contact an involved member, a woman. When I'd hear the fax ring, I'd check to see if the call was local, because I hated people getting the sound of the fax machine plus I wanted to let them know that it was the wrong number. I had discovered the correct number, a simple number transposition and would advise them of the number to call. One fellow, calling his mom, argued with me that he dialed correctly!
It was the day before Christmas when the fax line rang with a local number. I answered and a soft spoken man wanted to talk to the woman. While I usually gave them her correct number, however, there was something in his voice that kept me talking to him. We talked about the great area that we live in and I mentioned the town I lived it. His daughter lived in that town. I mentioned the area of town, and well, his daughter lived in that area. I ventured to tell him the street I lived on, and his daughter lived on that very street. Turns out, she lived next door to me!
I kept talking and we both marveled at the coincidence of being connected this way. I invited him for coffee and wanted to meet him, which he agreed to do. It was great to see him when we did meet.
Turns out, he had lost his wife that year and was calling the other woman to say goodbye, he was going to kill himself that evening, to never face another Christmas alone and confessed this while on that fateful phone call. However, he said the coincidence was too much of a miracle for him to ignore and my words and kindness to a stranger on the phone brightened his day enough for him to gain the courage to face living.
I had volunteered on a suicide and crisis hotline decades ago and had recognized that sound of despair in his life. The sound that it didn't matter any more and that he was at peace with his coming death. Instead, he lived for years, finding more friends and watching his grand kids grow up. It certainly made that Christmas brighter to know a few words to a wrong number saved a life!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lidobeachjesse
Miricles show up when we least expect them. Just when one thinks all is hopeless...........BAM !!
Great story. Happy for all involved.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: lidobeachjesse

Now that's a story! A Good Samaritan in the winter. It's amazing the difference a single person can make. Truly.

Merry Christmas to all!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
FRIENDLY REMINDER🤗

I'm humbled, honored....

Murphy likes snow🤗🤗

Edit: yes I took that picture of Murphy ( the Weimaraner )

He looks so handsome in that lovely blue collar, gazing out on the falling snow like he's contemplating the ultimate destiny of mankind. Or perhaps canine-kind. I love me some Murphy!

It's wonderful to see so many people posting such nice stories, and those who are willing to open up and share themselves.
Which is what I love about our OP. Not only the hostess with the most-est, but a willingness to open up and let people see her good heart, and who she is. So many of us have good hearts, but are closed to letting others see it.

I know sometimes I am tightly sealed. Will try to do better.

Last run to gro sto.

Enjoy the day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join