It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how drug testing situations really play out

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: Abbby
a reply to: TinySickTears

Not sure how Tony carries fake piss around, the specimen cups have a temperature indicator strip along the side that has to be in a certain range, something impossible to fake if carried outside the body

Absolutely not. They come with warming packs that take 30 minutes to reach the appropriate temperature. If you forgo the warming pack, all you have to do is tuck it into your waste band and it will get to the correct temperature.

Super easy, has always worked for me.

Drug tests are dumb because they only cost 35$ to pass.

correct

thats why i said it is little more than an annoyance.

keeping in hand warmers gets old.

Do you have kids? Please say you don't.
What relevance has the guy having kids or not? He's discussing how to evade a urine test for pot at work, not what he teaches his children. I do lots of stuff I never told my son about when he was a child.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

What’s even crazier is if a serious alcoholic avoids drinking for work, he will have extreme withdrawal shakes that could diversely effect the safety on his job site

A guy I know, for around 6 years, was a functioning alcoholic. I never knew, never saw him appear drunk or tipsy even. I only found out when he was in the hospital, and had a 6 pack by his bed..with the prescription label affixed.
He explained it to me how dangerous it would be to cold turkey.
Blew me away he never showed any signs.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik

originally posted by: Carcharadon

REPLY TO OP (why didn't it show which post I'm resoonding to? 😡):

I'm not one to talk from way high up on a horse, dude: I am an UBER alcoholic. I checked myself into the ER once- meaning I walked myself in and talked to the nurses and filled out my own paperwork, etc..and my BAC was .49. Yes, you read that correctly.

I drank on the job, once my alcoholism got out of control. I would put vodka in with some Gatorade so it looked like I just had Gatorade, but it was not just gatoroade. That was the only way I could get through the day without shaking so much that I couldn't hold anything, or without puking. The hardest thing, in the morning, was to get three or four shots of vodka down without puking it up. If I could keep it down, he shakes would stop in about 20 minutes and I wouldn't be in danger of puking with every move of my eyes.

If I had been tested at work, I would have blown over the limit, and yes, I drove myself to work. When I finally got some help and checked into Detox, I hadn't had a drink for over twelve hours and my BAC was .28. Keep in mind I hadn't had a drop in half a day, so imagine what my levels were when I was sipping my "Gatorade" at work. And here is the worst part: I was working WITH KIDS.

So, I am not on a high horse. I was the worst of the worst.

About the job thing: I lost my dream job because of my drinking. The situation I descobed so far, that was my SECOND rendezvous with being a drunk. Before that, I had been in my dream job- went to rehab, and when I "relapsed" a month later, I got fired. Was it maybe a tad unfair, since it usuly takes a person a year of starts and stops to get sober? Yeah, maybe it was a bit harsh, but it was their decision, and no one forced me to drink gallons of vodka every night by myself in my living room.

So: I know it sucks, but when we are the employees, we have to follow their rules. And honestly, having no THC in your system while at work, it's really not a bad rule.

I had to grow up that way, so I feel I can say I think you need to grow up in this area. Worst of the worst right here, man. I'm sure you've not been as irresponsible and immature as I was, but you probably could straighten up a little.

Stop talking about pot and THC as you are utterly clueless about. The only thing worse than a drunk is a drunk that thinks they know everything about pot and pot testing.

In other words zip it until you educate yourself.

What did I get wrong? Do they not test for THC levels? If that's thhe case, then please forgive me, and correct me. What did I get wrong? I thought that's what they test for, but I have no problem being corrected.

if they tested for levels of THC, then it would be a different story. but they are not testing to see if you are stoned while working at all. what they are testing and thus firing people over is whether they have used the drug at all, period, end of story. so it would have been like if you never drank before or while working, and were in fact stone cold sober at work, yet they tested you to see if you drank at all, and fired you because you drank after work. and as mentioned marijuana will show a positive weeks after being exposed to it. so if you were say at a New Years party where some people were smoking up inside for example. and you of course breathed some in. then you got hit with a random drug test on Feb 1, you would still likely show up as positive for using marijuana, and thus loose your job.

So they DO test for THC. Which is all I said, and which is what you so rudely and immaturely accused me of "thinking I know everything about pot and pot testing" for. Your reading comprehension and logic skills need brushing up on. Can't wait to see your sweet response to this one!

About breathing in some air around people who are smoking weed: really, if you were around some (dopey) smokers on New Year's, would you really still have traceable amounts of it in your system an entire month later? From breathing the air at a party with potheads?

Also: I think you meant to say you would LOSE your job, not "loose" it. You can't "loose" a job.

you might want to check you anger over something i said nothing at all about, when you so rudely and immaturely accused me of something i did not say or imply. all i did was state how they are not checking to see if you are stoned at the time (which would be acceptable for many jobs). that was someone else entirely who said anything at all about you knowing everything about pot and pot testing. in fact all i did was to answer a question you, yourself asked.

What did I get wrong? Do they not test for THC levels? If that's thhe case, then please forgive me, and correct me. What did I get wrong? I thought that's what they test for, but I have no problem being corrected.

and it would certainly appear that you do in fact have a major problem at being corrected, the way you blasted me for just trying to answer you. and by the way really cute and immature to take a cheap shot at me for either a typo or spelling error, when you yourself did the exact same . i think you meant to say "the case". not "thhe case", i don't think there is any word "thhe" in the English language.

and yes it is certainly possible to test positive for pot use just off of second hand smoke. just as you can get high from second hand pot smoke. in fact at one job i worked at if they introduced pot testing, people who do not at all and never had smoked pot would have failed. because our job included driving in customer's cars. some of which were just full of pot smoke. i know i did get stoned a few times due to that. and when they use silly air fresheners, you don't always even realize that you just got into a car that is saturated in pot. and they are not testing for levels of THC, which would be pretty much testing to see if you are high at the time. but they are testing for any presence of THC at all. and so there is nothing at all wrong with my comprehension or logic at all. you specifically asked about levels of THC which they are not testing for, just the mere presence of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Do you have kids? Please say you don't.

hahahahahha
yup.

tons o kids

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

What relevance has the guy having kids or not? He's discussing how to evade a urine test for pot at work, not what he teaches his children. I do lots of stuff I never told my son about when he was a child.

it has no relevance at all

this is the part where they come in talking # attacking my parenting style or yadda yadda whatever

edit on 26-12-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
I agree mate.
People with their judging like stuff you do in your downtime being a parent is somehow affecting your kids.
Lame as #. I was a coke head when my son was a toddler, blew 80 grand up my nose after selling my house. My son just had an energetic dad who picked him up dancing to trance music, climbed trees, and threw him about in the sea in between building big sand castles with with a builders shovel at the beach. We'd build a 6' high castle and have the last bit of beach when the tide came in and other kids would share our 'island' lol
My son knows the story now hes's 20, but he remembers 'fun dad' full well, we were talking about it the other day and chuckling.
Ethanol is the worst drug in my opinion and it is legal, crazy.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hmm, so now that it's legal to consume here in Canada, are the companies still testing for pot PRIOR to hiring like they did before legalization? And if so, how? A piss test? Swab?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

what do you think a burner is Occam?
no context clues?
its someone who smokes grass man
Don't make too many assumptions about jargon. After some 45 years of research, that's the first time I've heard the word 'burner' applied to somebody who tokes. Just sayin, eh?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I hadn't heard of a "burner" either... and I've been around. New generation, new terms I guess

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
What people do in their own time is their own business. Companies that want to peer into private lives are not companies worth working for.

While I agree, once you go in to work impaired and endanger others, it’s a whole different ballgame. So it would be okay for cops, carrying guns, to be working while high? Airplane pilots? Ambulance, fire, rescue?

Simple solution would seem to be don’t be using where it will show up in random testing. Or get a job where it’s not an issue?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears
I hadn't heard of a "burner" either... and I've been around. New generation, new terms I guess

Im 40
Not young generation

Dad used to say it too

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Im 40
Not young generation
Dad used to say it too
Consider it a regional term, and move along.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Im 40
Not young generation
Dad used to say it too
Consider it a regional term, and move along.

nah
i dont think so

consider you have never heard every slang term there is for someone who smokes

and move along

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
When I crushed my finger at work I told my assistant to get me one of those instant icepacks. He told me to go to the nurse and I declined. I don't even do any illicit drugs, not even weed. The next day I went to the doctor and claimed it didn't happen at work, rather I dropped some firewood on my hand. You can never be too careful.

The company you work for will punish you for working unsafely, and the insurance company will find any way to not pay out. It's a lose lose scenario. No thanks. My fault, I'll pay, don't ask me questions.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I do some of my finest work plastering/rendering while stoned, especially when freestyling sexy curves instead of straight beaded walls.
I'm self employed though so nobody is testing me.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Hmm, so now that it's legal to consume here in Canada, are the companies still testing for pot PRIOR to hiring like they did before legalization? And if so, how? A piss test? Swab?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I'd say that it all depends on the job. A bus driver friend of mine has to take random tests, but on the whole, it's a privacy issue...I've never had to take one. It's still a kind of judicial 'wild west' out there as the dust has not yet settled on all the ramifications of legal weed.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Thank you, I appreciate your input.
Looking for work now so...I might to wait a few weeks still

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join