It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how drug testing situations really play out

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Aazadan

I think people who use any drugs at all are scum. Don't piss test them, hair test them. Do it at regular intervals.

If the company can't attract clean, sober people, then they need to make the jobs lucrative enough that people will get off the poisons to get and keep those jobs.

well thank christ people like you are quickly becoming the minority.

good luck with that

Puritans are the worst type of people. Proper little fascists that think their outdated and moronic worldview is somehow viable.

I detest them with every fiber of my being.

Also, I think he/she is a liar.

im with you
i feel the same way

people that use drugs are scum

hahahahahahahha

i tap out as soon as i hear that you know

no use for people like that

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Over 90% of my staff would be fired if they did a drug test at my job. I make decent money and we have fun.

Unfortunately if you work for the government you have to get tested.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Over 90% of my staff would be fired if they did a drug test at my job. I make decent money and we have fun.

Unfortunately if you work for the government you have to get tested.

dude i bet 50% of the staff just about anywhere would get fired if they were popped with randoms.

no figures to back that up. just going by what i have seen over the last 25 years of work

if all us 'users' were suddenly raptured out of the factories and such at the same time production would grind to a halt everywhere.

hahahahahahahahaha

thats what we should so

imagine that. every single adult in america that smokes grass just walks off their job all at the same time on the same day.

the wheels would stop moving. suddenly all the straight edge pricks would realize how bad they need us

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

in my experience the two best and easiest places to buy drugs like marijuana, are in school or at work. forget about a lot of people being fired for using them, there would likely be more than enough just for selling them. i actually wonder if you got fired for using if you could turn around and sue the business that fired you, for creating the atmosphere of using by the fact that you got your drugs at work?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i like the walkout idea

too bad that cant be organized

imagine what the stores would look like? production facilities? restaurants?

there would be no service anywhere

hahahahahahaahha

it would be the best

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

It is B$ that federal employees in states with legal weed can still get fired. It is also ludicrous that the NFL suspends players for pot....

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
IMHO, random drug testing (which it never really is) is unconstitutional. It is a government or a business fishing to catch and release (from work or whatever). The drug mostly tested positive for is weed, yet could be from an event 30 days ago. How does that make the workplace safer, for example? It doesn't, of course. And if there was an accident, it had nothing to do with the accident. I am all in for testing a person who appears to be under the influence on the job, but that is not what randoms are about. It's just one more thing where those in power use to drive fear into the poor, little masses. While they commit their fraud, screw over the people, drink their alcohol and pop prescription pills, and, oh yeah, do their recreational drugs too.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

did you not read what i wrote

no he did not fail right away

he used real urine so his temp was right. the urea was right. the specific gravity was right so they sent the sample to the lab for the big daddy test with the spectro.

when the results came back they fired him.

Yeah, I read what you wrote. I guess I don't understand what your reply says. Because if they sent urine from when it happened to the lab, no matter when the results came back, to me it seems that they DID test him right away. If it was piss from right after the accident..

So either I'm a stupid person or you're doing a #!y job of explaining the events.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

dude he did piss right away.
they send it out though so it takes a few days to a week to get the results.

they got the results and they fired him

i dont know what else to say

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
REPLY TO OP (why didn't it show which post I'm resoonding to? 😡):

I'm not one to talk from way high up on a horse, dude: I am an UBER alcoholic. I checked myself into the ER once- meaning I walked myself in and talked to the nurses and filled out my own paperwork, etc..and my BAC was .49. Yes, you read that correctly.

I drank on the job, once my alcoholism got out of control. I would put vodka in with some Gatorade so it looked like I just had Gatorade, but it was not just gatoroade. That was the only way I could get through the day without shaking so much that I couldn't hold anything, or without puking. The hardest thing, in the morning, was to get three or four shots of vodka down without puking it up. If I could keep it down, he shakes would stop in about 20 minutes and I wouldn't be in danger of puking with every move of my eyes.

If I had been tested at work, I would have blown over the limit, and yes, I drove myself to work. When I finally got some help and checked into Detox, I hadn't had a drink for over twelve hours and my BAC was .28. Keep in mind I hadn't had a drop in half a day, so imagine what my levels were when I was sipping my "Gatorade" at work. And here is the worst part: I was working WITH KIDS.

So, I am not on a high horse. I was the worst of the worst.

About the job thing: I lost my dream job because of my drinking. The situation I descobed so far, that was my SECOND rendezvous with being a drunk. Before that, I had been in my dream job- went to rehab, and when I "relapsed" a month later, I got fired. Was it maybe a tad unfair, since it usuly takes a person a year of starts and stops to get sober? Yeah, maybe it was a bit harsh, but it was their decision, and no one forced me to drink gallons of vodka every night by myself in my living room.

So: I know it sucks, but when we are the employees, we have to follow their rules. And honestly, having no THC in your system while at work, it's really not a bad rule.

I had to grow up that way, so I feel I can say I think you need to grow up in this area. Worst of the worst right here, man. I'm sure you've not been as irresponsible and immature as I was, but you probably could straighten up a little.

Stop talking about pot and THC as you are utterly clueless about. The only thing worse than a drunk is a drunk that thinks they know everything about pot and pot testing.

In other words zip it until you educate yourself.

What did I get wrong? Do they not test for THC levels? If that's thhe case, then please forgive me, and correct me. What did I get wrong? I thought that's what they test for, but I have no problem being corrected.

No matter what I got wrong, I think that you are PROBABLY smart enough to deduce what my general point was. Aren't you? Hmmm.

Maybe you're not too smart, because I never claimed I know everything about pot or pot testing. I never wrote any words even REMOTELY suggesting it.

Go ahead and quote me where I even implied that I "know everything about pot and pot testing."

Go ahead and hit that reply with quote button, Einstein, and highlight my claim of "knowing everything about pot and pot testing." I'll wait.

I'm sorry a drunk hurt you so badly in your childhood. I'm assuming that's why you spew such hatred toward me when I wasn't even addressing you.

Whatever the situation though, you do seem quite slow. It's probably not your fault, sweetheart.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

dude he did piss right away.
they send it out though so it takes a few days to a week to get the results.

they got the results and they fired him

i dont know what else to say

Yeah, dude. We are saying the same thing. You're not comprehending that I'm agreeing with you. You clarified, I responded "oh ok so they DID test him right away" and you replied with this latest volley being confused and thinking I wasn't agreeing with your dopey explanations.

Dude you probably should lay off the weed. You're slow.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

REPLY TO OP (why didn't it show which post I'm resoonding to? 😡):

I'm not one to talk from way high up on a horse, dude: I am an UBER alcoholic. I checked myself into the ER once- meaning I walked myself in and talked to the nurses and filled out my own paperwork, etc..and my BAC was .49. Yes, you read that correctly.

I drank on the job, once my alcoholism got out of control. I would put vodka in with some Gatorade so it looked like I just had Gatorade, but it was not just gatoroade. That was the only way I could get through the day without shaking so much that I couldn't hold anything, or without puking. The hardest thing, in the morning, was to get three or four shots of vodka down without puking it up. If I could keep it down, he shakes would stop in about 20 minutes and I wouldn't be in danger of puking with every move of my eyes.

If I had been tested at work, I would have blown over the limit, and yes, I drove myself to work. When I finally got some help and checked into Detox, I hadn't had a drink for over twelve hours and my BAC was .28. Keep in mind I hadn't had a drop in half a day, so imagine what my levels were when I was sipping my "Gatorade" at work. And here is the worst part: I was working WITH KIDS.

So, I am not on a high horse. I was the worst of the worst.

About the job thing: I lost my dream job because of my drinking. The situation I descobed so far, that was my SECOND rendezvous with being a drunk. Before that, I had been in my dream job- went to rehab, and when I "relapsed" a month later, I got fired. Was it maybe a tad unfair, since it usuly takes a person a year of starts and stops to get sober? Yeah, maybe it was a bit harsh, but it was their decision, and no one forced me to drink gallons of vodka every night by myself in my living room.

So: I know it sucks, but when we are the employees, we have to follow their rules. And honestly, having no THC in your system while at work, it's really not a bad rule.

I had to grow up that way, so I feel I can say I think you need to grow up in this area. Worst of the worst right here, man. I'm sure you've not been as irresponsible and immature as I was, but you probably could straighten up a little.

Stop talking about pot and THC as you are utterly clueless about. The only thing worse than a drunk is a drunk that thinks they know everything about pot and pot testing.

In other words zip it until you educate yourself.

What did I get wrong? Do they not test for THC levels? If that's thhe case, then please forgive me, and correct me. What did I get wrong? I thought that's what they test for, but I have no problem being corrected.

if they tested for levels of THC, then it would be a different story. but they are not testing to see if you are stoned while working at all. what they are testing and thus firing people over is whether they have used the drug at all, period, end of story. so it would have been like if you never drank before or while working, and were in fact stone cold sober at work, yet they tested you to see if you drank at all, and fired you because you drank after work. and as mentioned marijuana will show a positive weeks after being exposed to it. so if you were say at a New Years party where some people were smoking up inside for example. and you of course breathed some in. then you got hit with a random drug test on Feb 1, you would still likely show up as positive for using marijuana, and thus loose your job.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MNnativeamer

False positives are a very real issue. I've told this story before, but among other things, the company I work for produces the equipment used to test for these things. While the equipment works fine, it is not 100% reliable. More importantly, I know of many instances where the equipment has given the wrong results because of user error, and those errors are almost always not documented. The ones that do get found make up an estimated less than 1% of lab errors that happen.

It is so rampant, that despite my views on drugs and people who use them, if I were on a jury in such a case it would be almost impossible to convince me of a persons guilt through forensic evidence.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik
if they tested for levels of THC, then it would be a different story. but they are not testing to see if you are stoned while working at all. what they are testing and thus firing people over is whether they have used the drug at all, period, end of story. so it would have been like if you never drank before or while working, and were in fact stone cold sober at work, yet they tested you to see if you drank at all, and fired you because you drank after work. and as mentioned marijuana will show a positive weeks after being exposed to it. so if you were say at a New Years party where some people were smoking up inside for example. and you of course breathed some in. then you got hit with a random drug test on Feb 1, you would still likely show up as positive for using marijuana, and thus loose your job.

And what's the problem with that? Besides not doing drugs yourself, you shouldn't hang out with people who do use them.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Dude you probably should lay off the weed. You're slow.

you should probably get on some
kind of a dick

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Companies have no business telling employees what they may do or not do in their personal time. It's an invasion of privacy.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: generik

And what's the problem with that? Besides not doing drugs yourself, you shouldn't hang out with people who do use them.
The only people who I know never do recreational substances are my dear old mother and my son's grandma on his mother's side. My mam did acid back in the 60's though, and maternal grandma of my son is going to Amsterdam next week to try pot for the first time.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

That just creates other problems. THC can stay in a users system for three weeks to 3 months.
We have people working in some jobs that will party it up on coke or meth on the weekends because it metabolizes out of the body in just a few days, but they go back to their high paying, somewhat dangerous jobs, working with big machinery, without enough sleep.

Now that THC is legal up north here, they’re changing their testing methods and attitudes to “just don’t work stoned” instead of zero tolerance. Although each province has their own rules for careers like cops carrying guns, surgeons, airline personnel. It’ll take awhile to work out the bugs in this new normal.......🤔

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit
Pot is the lamest reason to sack someone from work...unless they were smoking at work of course.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
What people do in their own time is their own business. Companies that want to peer into private lives are not companies worth working for.

That has been a long argued point from merchant mariners who like their weed and also like to be gainfully employed. They claim that they should not be held liable for smoking weed on their time off. However, when you get licensed by the USCG, they fall under Federal statutes regarding drug use. It ain't rocket surgery! You can claim all you want that weed doesn't have any harmful effects. Neither does cyanide. The dose makes the poison. I have worked with the "wake and bake" crew and after they bone up 4, 5, 6 times during an 8hr work day, they are pretty much useless. They cannot think, cannot focus and have zero drive. If your employment situation allows you to be able to smoke up on your time off, great, if that's your bag. But at work, you are a liability and the Federal Government looks at it that way with regards to transportation jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join