It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with "shadow people" (sleep paralysis)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Lately, I've been talking with a friend from the Philippines who has been having a lot of sleep paralysis dreams with shadow people. I have had experiences with these beings or psychological projections (whichever you believe) in the past. I've also talked with family and others who have seen similar things. Basically, at this point, I understand it's a psychological or spiritual issue in society. I'm not sure if it's either or, or both, as I believe in both spirituality and rational science.

Anyway, I always had negative experiences with this phenomena, and eventually it stopped happening once I got more comfortable with being in sleep paralysis. On the spiritual aspect, I've read that expressing fear makes these entities want to visit you more. On the psychological aspect, I've read that heavy stress can induce these "hallucinations".

Back to the problem.. I told my friend what I know and gave advice. Don't show them fear or give them influence over you. On the psychological side, try to relax and mediate before going to sleep.

The issue is that her experiences have been more dramatic than mine. While I just experienced a negative presence over my bed, she experiences them telling her that they or going to kill her, or recently, holding her legs and arms, while a bigger shadow person sits on her chest and creates a suffocating sensation.

It's hard to tell her to keep not going into fear when she is being suffocated, and/or told she is going to be killed by multiple dark figures. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to hear from people who may be informed on the subject and not the typical; "pray to jesus", or "go see a therapist" pseudo-spiritual/psychology amateur nonsense.

Thanks for any help in understanding this subject more. Whether it is from a serious psychology or spiritual perspective.
edit on 20-12-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I'm just going to throw this out there without explanation, because I don't have one.

Don't wear gold and diamonds to bed. Wear silver and turquoise if you have it, the more the better.

You have nothing to lose by trying it.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I heard some crystals helps. I immediately think wacky new-age nonsense. But.. maybe there is some glimmer of hope in physical protection against non-physical things. Things such as orgone crystals and what not.

Then again, Iv'e seen my fair share of BS snake-oil pushed by "new-age' pseudo-gurus... so who knows..

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
When in the state you are in, it's basically an OBE happening to you, and what you are seeing around you is the shadow people.

What I have done in this state, is relaxed myself, and actually sent love, or many times even tried to hug them. When projecting higher emotions, or love it will send them running. I'm not sure why the shadow people run when I do this, but it does work 100% of the time.

I've been doing this for many years now, and I still have no idea what, or how they are kinda reminds me of little Chipmunks that run away when they see us coming. One day I will connect and find out what they have to say, or even want, but for now it's hug, and run.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Drink to blackout stage. Then your friend won't remember it. Do it every night until the ghost/demon gets bored with your loser alcoholic ass.

Then again that might be just what the demon/ghost wants in the first place.

Seriously though, not sure what to advise. I had a somewhat similar situation some time ago. I took the advice of someone here on ATS and started to ignore the things I was hearing and experiencing. Over time it did appear to make the things happen less and less. What used to be a monthly issue at least is now roughly a once a year thing.

So it's like the thing is still in my house but because I ignore it, it has less power. Not sure how or why that works but it seemed to in my case.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I used to get sleep paralysis. There's no beings or shadow people. Telling your friend that #'s real is going to make her fear worse. It's your mind continuing to be in a half dream state while your body still has the chemicals that stop you from moving in your sleep. It's like the opposite of sleep walking nothing more.

It's scary for sure. I hate the feeling of being awake but not able to move or talk. It still happens sometimes if I wake up in the morning and try to go back to sleep. I don't really tend to sleep in.

But there's no ghosts or shadow beings all the sensations you feel and the things you see are your own body and mind. Stop telling your friend it's ghosts and demons and shadow people and #. It's not helpful.
edit on 20/12/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

The weirdest experience I had was pretty much my last. I had a bunch of dark figures in my room. Being used to sleep paralysis, I projected my body (with extreme difficulty), to move from my bed to around the room. Everything felt like molasses, very slow and hard to move. Yet, I pushed my way to one shadow person and opened my arms and (mindfully) said "I wont attack you".

Then everything turned and one of them wanted to show me something. Then I blanked out. Probably nothing, but it was my last serious-feeling experience.

I think you might be on to something. I told my friend pretty much the philosophy your saying. Yet, she still has this issues. Hard to be positive when your suffocating.. Not sure..

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I'll leave you with this, since I honestly don't have all the answer, not even close, but we have been blinded since birth, and there are lots of options besides what we currently experience in this 3D world.

I'm fairly well verse on OBE/astral, however I still feel like I'm held back, as you have mentioned. Why? is the ultimate question.

Other than our 5 sense, which I compare to radio channels, or internet links, our possibilities are basically limitless, however we seem to be stuck, or told the only 5 exist, so maybe that is our issue. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Like I said, I'm split on the issue. I told her, I'm not sure if there is a spiritual connection or psychological. Yet, I did say to reduce stress, reduce caffeine before bed, bad food for dinner ect.. ect…

I want to ask, do you believe in spiritual things? Honestly, it's a tough subject. I believe in the spiritual (from experience), and was also a damn hard atheist before.

I honestly think we are being close minded (scienitifically) on spirituality when striking down all beliefs as nonsense supernatural. Which many are.. ( I agree!), but I and many intelligent people ive met have had experienced that shown otherwise.

I think there is definitely something that science has yet to detect, to which our brains have the antenna for.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So as a astral projector, you think shadow people are mostly spiritual and not psychological projections? My friend is very open minded, and I just don't want to give her nonsense new-age advice or the standard "see your therapist" advice that never works.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I would just like to add, I'm not against the psychological perspective. I would just like an answer on how to fix the issue. This is something that happens to a lot of people, and I would prefer suggestions, rather than "it is this or that". Thanks for any contribution to the forum

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I have had experience with sleep paralysis back in 1986.I wouldn't be
too quick in dismissing help from christian's.The only true weapon
that can be used against those entities bothering your friend is the
name of Yeshua/Jesus.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Like I said, I'm split on the issue. I told her, I'm not sure if there is a spiritual connection or psychological. Yet, I did say to reduce stress, reduce caffeine before bed, bad food for dinner ect.. ect…

I want to ask, do you believe in spiritual things? Honestly, it's a tough subject. I believe in the spiritual (from experience), and was also a damn hard atheist before.

I honestly think we are being close minded (scienitifically) on spirituality when striking down all beliefs as nonsense supernatural. Which many are.. ( I agree!), but I and many intelligent people ive met have had experienced that shown otherwise.

I think there is definitely something that science has yet to detect, to which our brains have the antenna for.

People from the Philippines tend to believe in those things. It's a fairly religious place.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

That doesn't help with fixing the issue that people all across the world face. Of all religions or non-religion.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

So as a astral projector, you think shadow people are mostly spiritual and not psychological projections? My friend is very open minded, and I just don't want to give her nonsense new-age advice or the standard "see your therapist" advice that never works.

I wish I could say it was New-age non-sense it would be much easier to deal with, but having consciously projected in both astral, and OBE states there are what appears to be other energies.

It maybe be projections we create, but they are absolutely real, and real as the computer, people, and daily life that we perceive as our current reality. That is one of the reasons I never dismiss, so-called crazy people, because what they are seeing in 3D reality is most likely other realities/entities, and it must be an over-whelming burden for them.

I do know that as we tune into things like you are speaking of, we start to understand things in a different light (pun intended). Take baby-steps, and keep a journal as well, make sure to encrypt it, so people don't think you have gone nuts. lol

Use discernment, and use your intuitions as well they will guide you well.

Some of the things I've experienced are not even explainable in words, nor could I even come close. The experiences in these realms, or whatever they are change reality forever, once a person has experienced it for themselves.

One of the best books I ever read for Lucid Dreaming was by Stephen LeBerge. And two out of body books are: Rick Stack Out of body adventures, and Adventures Beyond the Body don't remember the author on that one. All of these states are related.

Also anyone that tells you they have never had an OBE is full of it. When we are laying on our backs drifting off to sleep, many times people will feel that falling sensation, and they will catch themselves, only to have their entire body jerk back into a waking state. That is a prime example of unconscious OBE's, the majority of people have them, but just dismiss it.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Meh.. it's hard to take that seriously when your thing bellow is "Jerusalem belongs to Israel". I'm trying to avoid taking hardcore religious' perspectives.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Any history with amphetamines or extensive use of coffee?

Happened to me for years because of the use of both, the sleep paralysis that is, but it does give you a sense of something else being in the room with you.

I Knocked the amphetamines on the head decades ago now but still can't leave the coffee alone. LoL
edit on 20-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Hmm.. interesting. So do you think more practice with meditation and OBE's would better suit the person to dealing with stressful "shadow people"?

Cause she has pretty bad experiences… I'm just trying to think of techniques or practices to help her prevent or change the course of those experiences

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I know she drinks coffee but not too much. Sometimes beer at night. But not much either. She said only one coffee a day in the morning.

Meanwhile, I'm drinking coffee and energy drinks all day, yet stopped experiencing these things. I could see your logic and experience here though.

Makes sense that uppers would induce stressful psychological situations.,,

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Have you ever experienced this yourself? I have and it is not something
to joke about either!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join