It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH Cop Tries to Kill Innocent Unconscious Teen Slamming His Face into Curb

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I wonder if dad's advice included stop driving around with drugs and no pot smoking in the car.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I think..if I read correct, he was dead(full cardiac arrest, no breathing) for 5 minutes..this is not minor or simple.
I only wish LEOs like this pus bucket should have to pay out of their own pocket, rather that the money coming from the city/county coffers.
Maybe LE should have to get a kind of malpractice insurance..or funds are removed from police pension funds.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I think..if I read correct, he was dead(full cardiac arrest, no breathing) for 5 minutes..this is not minor or simple.
I only wish LEOs like this pus bucket should have to pay out of their own pocket, rather that the money coming from the city/county coffers.
Maybe LE should have to get a kind of malpractice insurance..or funds are removed from police pension funds.

So. What was the cop supposed to do when the kid refused to comply? Just let him go? What happens when a cop pulls over a bad guy and the bad guy doesn't get out of the car and the cop says "OK. Have a nice day" and the bad guy goes and kills someone five minutes later?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders
The kid was'nt a bad guy though..what if.. is not applicable here.
Read the thread, the legalities are laid out, also the kid complied as much as required. This was a bullsh#t stop from the start, there was no cause for any of this.
edit on 18-12-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think we three got a bit crossed up. I misunderstood your point, which lead to my comment, which lead to SM’s comment, and none of us were talking about the same thing.

We’re all agreed, though, that there was no reason for the stop to go the way it did, or end up with the result it ended up with.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The kid was'nt a bad guy though..

But how does the cop know that? They don't know what they're dealing with when they pull someone over. Is your inability to see their side of things that complete and total?

I have seen a bunch of these types of videos where the citizen is obviously attempting to escalate and provoke a relatively minor encounter with a cop. Usually it's a young male. Which doesn't help the perception of young males as troublemakers.

The cop was obviously attempting to minimize the risk to himself from the start by walking to the passenger side so he wouldn't be standing on the traffic side of things. I do not think he was planning to use a taser from the passenger side.
edit on 18-12-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So just taze someone in the chest for 20 seconds, causing their heart to stop and then drop their face on the curb because..maybe? with no singe f'ing indication..you are the one with a perception problem.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

So just taze someone in the chest for 20 seconds, causing their heart to stop and then drop their face on the curb because..maybe? with no singe f'ing indication..you are the one with a perception problem.

Really. If you want to crusade against police brutality, you should at least try to find a more sympathetic victim than a punk kid who initiated the encounter deliberately attempting to provoke and antagonize the cop. I agree what the cop did was wrong but I don't really feel too bad for the kid. It was just stupid for him to argue with a cop. That usually does not end well. He may have won in court but it almost cost him his life. Kind of a stupid way to die if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Had anyone in the past said what I am about to say I would write them off forever as crazy. But after a lifetime of defending cops and telling kids about their noble position deserving of respect, I finally crossed paths with cops. As a VOCTIM. They did all they could to ruin me too for some reason amd tho it sounds absolutely insane I can assure you they fabricated a story out of nowhere to nab me along with the bad guys. And they had zero reason to think I had anything to do with a crime especially given my past behavior pristine record without even a pullover in my life...or maybe they thought i was someone else I don't know. But watching for a year as any cop or court employee including judges ignored everything I had to say, refused to let me have a chance to speak or present evidence, warn me when I demanded a right to speak that if I gave my side and was still found guilty...which the judge promised I would be...that I would suffer enormous consequences. To this day I have no clue what happened but watched not a one of them have any sense or care for my name and future. Me, the victim of the crime.

So I don't think it is enough in fact, I truly believe now just watching what they did to me and surely do every single day across the country...if a cop commits a felony, he or she should face execution. No other judgements allowed. Life or death. They have turned this nation into the most corrupt cesspool and daily destroy millions of lives whom they torment even for victimless crimes that the most advanced countries on earth moved to be medical issues or legalized the behavior a decade or two ago. Just yesterday I was reading about an abused woman who escaped her abuser boyfriend with her child. But even though the child is known to have not been in the same location as the drugs or dealings, which they also know she had no involvement in and possibly no knowledge, because her boyfriend was involved in the side in drug trafficking, a loophole the police pushed in court saw her receive thirty years too. She has 24 to go as her child grows closer to adulthood in another state and her crime was being afraid to leave a violent man or remove her child from food and shelter. Or think of the tens and tens if not hundreds of thousands of Americans who get 6-10 year sentences for being caught with a joint more than one time and who must watch child molesters be released after their average five year stay. The cops are the ones who initially push those non issues and take a free living soul and ruin him for life, his livelihood, his name, his chances to be a father. So with that much power that they NEVER shy from using unless they are getting bribes or sex, using that position to aide in commission of a felony is treason. And they must be made such an example of that one sentence alone sees the entire swine pin rethink their actions. ::Spits::

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

I see you are very emotional and I fully understand why, that is terrible what they did to you.

Not all of them are bad however and they are after all only people the same as you or me once they take off that uniform so mistakes do happen.

Here is my thought on the matter, an honest cop realizes his mistake and should in no way be penalized if he or she is the one to then point it out, police should NEVER have quota's or targets to reach but an ideological view should be fostered among the police that they are meant to be the heroes and the defenders of society.

Less police with better pay, better skill's and a higher moral base could and would do a better job than ex military whom in some cases have PTSD or other issues and whom should actually not be the one's placed on front line policing duty's.

All police should have to have full time police body camera's and all police body camera footage should be public domain, mistakes do happen and police do become traumatized and desensitized over time by the very nature of the job and the people they come into contact with but sometimes this makes them unfit for duty and this should be recognized and acted upon immediately, police should have a rotation of two years front line and two years desk duty then front line again with older career officers phased out of front line except where there record is exemplary which of course instead of an automatic promotion should carry a pay rise based on lower crime for there area and NOT more prosecution's to feed a corrupt court and jail system.
Promotion should only be as a result of Meritocratic values, tested skill and training for the higher rank's of the police force and that path should be open to all officers with a minimum of ten years experience, 5 front line and 5 desk duty.

Corrupt police should face increased sentence based on one factor, they are the guardian's turned into the predator's and so are worse than the other predators out there BUT PTSD and other psychological factors should be used as an active defense were they can be proven to exist, some police turn to the bottle to get away form the dead end job they have found themselves in for example.

Good police should be rewarded, bad police should have there contract's terminated quickly and effectively, criminal police should be punished to the full extent of the law since they KNEW what they were doing and are therefore DOUBLE culpable BUT there mental state in the case of long duration service should be factored into the court's sentence.

Court's should be completely independent of the Judiciary and Jail system and all cases should be tried AWAY from the area were the crime in question took place in order to avoid biased decision's.

But Police, Men of the City created in the UK by a man called Peel were intended to be unarmed law enforcement to replace the less gentle Militia and Soldiers that once performed there duty, therefore US police whom are in effect Militia are not actually police at all but armed soldiers.

Police are meant to uphold the law, the law is meant to be a framework of rules for society and those that abide by the law are meant to be protected by the law.
It never work's that way in practice, the Law's are in fact to keep you in your place and protect the STATUS QUO of society, the keep the ruling elite in power, the police are in fact militia's of one kind or another and most of the time Equate fear with respect - these are most certainly not the same thing, respect is earned and those we respect we trust but fear is earned in a different way and those we fear we NEVER trust, policing with fear tactic's is not policing at all but militia oppression and that is simply a fact.
The US in particular has a serious endemic and societal problem and it is a particular form of corruption that has been allowed to get away with criminalizing a huge percentage of the US population meaning that it is actual an enemy of the US people and not a protector keeping them under a constant siege state and turning legitimate authority into illegitimate authority.
That is the link between US prison's also known wrongly as correctional facility's when that is not any longer there REAL purpose they are there to make money for private owners out of a form of money laundering taking state fund's to hold people in prison whom in many cases are railroaded just to feed this leech upon the american public through corrupt policing and corrupt court system's which in turn make money for a handful of very wealthy individual's and are therefore the very embodiment of an anti democratic leech upon the US society.
Further to this they breed dissent among the general populace by there action's which further feed's this runaway leech.

The solution is simple, it is in no way radical, the US central government, no stranger to corruption itself but in this case the only potential solution - need's to take control of all state and county policing, abolish and in many cased fire entire police forces and move in an expansion of the FBI whom should have a new lower sector wing below there intelligence division's created to take control of state and county policing along with the requisite necessary budget provided by the Government for this new and OLD duty, they were remember founded to deal with political and police corruption and fight organised crime, well they have sat too long on the side line's while organised crime has corrupted the very system they were originally created to serve.
Ordinary policing should remain but be more closely monitored and moved ENTIRELY out of the private sector by the FBI or a new agency created for this very role.

Of course I am not stateside so this is an external opinion but America is no longer the shining beacon of liberty it once was and that is very bad for the rest of the world, we want american back but as that beacon, as a paragon of virtue not of vice.
edit on 18-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

The solution is simple, it is in no way radical, the US central government, no stranger to corruption itself but in this case the only potential solution - need's to take control of all state and county policing, abolish and in many cased fire entire police forces and move in an expansion of the FBI whom should have a new lower sector wing below there intelligence division's created to take control of state and county policing along with the requisite necessary budget provided by the Government for this new and OLD duty, they were remember founded to deal with political and police corruption and fight organised crime, well they have sat too long on the side line's while organised crime has corrupted the very system they were originally created to serve.
Ordinary policing should remain but be more closely monitored and moved ENTIRELY out of the private sector by the FBI or a new agency created for this very role.

Wow. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire! LOL

I hope you're not serious. Pick up a history book sometime.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
It was just stupid for him to argue with a cop. That usually does not end well.

Sounds like you live in a police state if you just accept that as the situation.
Arguing with cops is a national hobby in the UK, they don't generally beat us up for questioning their authority.
edit on 18-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: quote issues

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The kid was doing what his father(a police officer) told him to do(bad advice perhaps, but he knew his rights), this kid was basically targeted based on a previous incident.

edit on 18-12-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Arguing with cops is a national hobby in the UK, they don't generally beat us up for questioning their authority.

I personally would not want to push my luck regardless. I probably wouldn't get beaten up for arguing with the store clerk about the price of a loaf of bread but I also probably wouldn't do so unless I was trying to pick a fight.

edit on 19-12-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I pick a fight with anyone who thinks they have authority over me. Cops here are professional, Google UK police brutality and you find nothing of interest except lame guys whining their handcuffs are too tight.
In my area you really have to make an effort to get arrested.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I pick a fight with anyone who thinks they have authority over me.

This surprises me, considering that I see brits on the internet every day telling Americans we have too many rights and are not submissive enough and not getting it right up the ass hard enough from the government.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

And that alone would cause 90% of the corruption to disappear...body cams. but it's incredible the resistance they put up to having them made mandatory when I would WANT one as a clean cop. And these constant deaths happening when cams were malfunctioning or they get accidentally covered or switched off before someone dies that is just unacceptable. Again though I don't mind mistakes, felonies though committed while in the role of a police officer though I still feel should be death. No question. The things they do you can't even imagine. You sound just like I did. But I thought the police problem was what we always hear it is. It is in reality so much worse that since that day I have been terrified to be in the US and cannot wait to get home to Greece where at least you can be free as u like and unless you harm someone or take their property, even breaking a law just gets you embarrassed with a reprimand in the street and though I can't stand drugs they don't destroy millions of kids futures who want to do what kids are gonna do and though we have life in prison for drug possession, I have watched all twenty times someone was caught smoking pot or even selling bags of coc aine, the cops yell at the person and take their names after stepping out the joint or pouring out the coke and pouring a water bottle on it. Even then though we are talking crime. I was never involved in anything illegal and I'm a (p word for cat) as a driver and can't even bring myself to speed. But the destruction of the things that showed without question I was a victim or disappearance, the judge ignoring me when I asked over and over doesn't the bill of rights give me a right to present a defense and when my defense is disposed of how can this continue, their laughing at the fact they assumed I was gag cuz my best friend is and were giggling referring to me as part. Of a group of, "I dunno, some queers," when a supervisor came to sign off since I guess my not rven thT flamboyant buddy must have made him uncomfortable or god knows turned him on, and the fact I am not just a nameless person but have been active like wild since childhood in about every kind of charity, volunteer, and other type of good natured activity a person can be involved with it probably counts to 75 or 100 good causes the fact that they decided to demonize me of all people I will just never understand and to tell a literally fictional story...whatever though. If I heard anyone saying what I am now I would think what a liar. And i feel ashamed for that but like you I had no clue that what you hear about police corruption it dont even scratch the surface. We have a nationwide epedemic of gangs called cops who are a mafia of kids who must have been picked on or bullied and see the world as their chance for revenge I don't know...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
42 cop related shootings in Phoenix in 2018....and 2018 isn't over yet.....76 or 77 shootings by cop in Maricopa county.....this is in Arizona, in case you're not familiar....this is almost DOUBLE last year's numbers.....I'd say this might qualify as a trend.....and the chief of Police in Phoenix initially blamed the "civilians" for the rise in police involved shootings...and do you know what they say on the media after every one that I find kind of creepy? "No officers were hurt....this, after another human being was blown away......" I never saw this in Chicago in all the 17 tears I lived there......the last two shootings were of suicidal men....one pointed the gun at himself.....he refused to put the gun down.....blam...dead......the other was also suicidal and was just waving the gun around....no word on specifics...this normally means they are cooking up a good story to make the guy seem more guilty...but it is ALWAYS NEVER the cops fault because they are ALWAYS justified....what happened to the NO kill shots? NON lethal shots? I lost respect for police when I had my own run in with them.....over a false 911 call....once they have you in their sights and once they are on a power trip.....you are POWERLESS and they can MURDER you and there would be NO recourse. .....a reply to: Edumakated

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

In 1962 my mother had the front door of her home kicked down by police whom came unexpected and one of them put his foot through the gas meter smashing it, they used this as an excuse for what they did next.
It was a police woman by the name of Vivian Webster-Jones and a police man that performed this unprovoked and illegal act, my mother was married to an abusive husband at the time and he was indeed a bad man but it was not him they came for but instead for an innocent woman with little children to look after, a disabled woman.
This was in the town of Kirkby in merseyside and my mother's home were this happened was No'2 Alvanley Green.
They held my mother without Charge or a Remand order for several day's in a Nissan hut (prefabricated building) police station trying to force her to sign a thick wedge of document's and refusing to even let her know what these document's were.
My Mother maiden name of LADY (she did not know that she had a title or a vast inheritance that she never received left to her by the Tattersall/Tattershall (-made safe so that it could not be stolen by Elizabeth Tattersall but they stole it anyway-) family of the racing provenance her direct relative's and God Parent's from her baptism at St Lukes back in 1933 now known as the bombed out church in Liverpool as the inheritance was concealed from her) Alice Hallworth-Fegan the Daughter of Isabella Taylor (nee Doyle) and William Hallworth - he changed his name by Deed Pol a legal name change over here as part of a cover since in the 1920's and 30's he had been a part of the British military intelligence - an intelligence instructor and after saving a royal family members life in Liverpool from an IRA attack the local newspapers had blown his cover naming him as a hero so then he had to take on the pseudonym of John Fegan and take a grace and favor job in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police over in Canada but was in fact still a member of the British intelligence services.
So she was then held in this police station and refused to sign these document's and after four day's was taken still with no remand order to Strangeways prison in Manchester were she was held, while there my mother being so thin the inmates cared more about her than most people she had met in her life and even made her eat food as she could barely hold any down having starved herself to give it to her children.
While there a wardress whom was obviously in on the act took her aside and said "If you don't sign these document's we are going to lock you up for four years and take your children away putting them into care", then out of fear my mother signed sheet after sheet while the wardress kept a blank page over the top of them leaving only the bottom visible for her to sign.
Then my mother was taken back to a court in Liverpool and there she was spoken to the by the judge and then sent out of the proceeding's so that she did not know what was happening, it was not a trial and she had to stand outside, after a while police officers including some in very high up uniform's and of older age than the bobby's on the beat filed out and one after another shook my bewildered mother's hand saying "Thank you, Thank you".

A few week's after my mother had a knock at the door and a policeman whom obviously did not know that my mother had no idea why or what had been done to her asked to come in, he sat there for just a few moment's and said "I have come to appologize many of us do not like what has been done to you" and "She" that is Vivian Webster-Jones the police woman involved in this "has left the force and been given several public houses on the Dock Road", years later when some of the fact's and the truth were finally made to fit into place my mother traced her to a housing association (money Laundering) called Central and Cecil housing association in Kensington London and when my mother spoke to her on the telephone she panicked when she realized him my mother was and her exact word's were "You'll never find me" to which my mother replied in her usual matter of fact tone "you stupid bitch I am talking to you right now am I not".

Sadly this was only the tip of the ice berg as to what my mother suffered at the hand's of corrupt police and corrupt judiciary and it apparently goes right the way up with even one guy alluding to my mother that it was to give an inheritance to princess Margaret as they had no income for her (not that princess Margaret was anything to do with the fraud or had any knowledge of it but that the Hierarchy over her had been behind this in order to take it to give her an allowance which was actually meant for my mother from estates which legally were my mothers, interestingly years later when an investigation was once again dropped into the matter there was a cover up and during the same time the infamous Windsor castle fire happened burning a famous ceiling upon which were emblazoned many crests of noble family's, three of those family's were declared extinct and never replaced but instead crests of other family's were put in there place, it is interesting that prince Andrew was at the castle at the time of that fire?, probably nothing to do with it but it always aroused my suspicion to say the least.

I lost my mother earlier this year, she hated corrupt police but believed that there were still good one's among them and always had this philosophy, WE need our police but we need them honest and decent.

edit on 19-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I think we three got a bit crossed up. I misunderstood your point, which lead to my comment, which lead to SM’s comment, and none of us were talking about the same thing.

We’re all agreed, though, that there was no reason for the stop to go the way it did, or end up with the result it ended up with.

I'm gonna go back to licking the window now.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join