It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller team deleted all of Strzoks texts

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Here's a crazy idea: maybe there was nothing left to find on the phones. Maybe, just maybe there's no corruption there at all. They were removed from the investigation and the special counsel's team. What more do you want?

You know that you just proved the point to which you responded, right?

Here's what I want: I want the team conducting a special investigation to understand that preserving ALL evidence during an investigation is not only appropriate, but necessary.

Maybe, just maybe, that's how active investigations should go.

How much are you willing to let slide before you realize how poorly this investigation is being handled? I get that maybe you don't any inside understanding of how the legal processes go during an investigation, but many of us do, and this whole special counsel has been a bastardization of the process--an abuse of the judicial system (and fourth amendment) starting at the foundation upon which it was started.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: links234

Except that there were 19,000 text messages. So there goes that random thought.

That seems in-human. Why you gotta make stuff up?

The average number of text-messages Americans send is a little less than 4,000 texts per month. Strzok was on the Mueller team for, roughly, one month.

Desperate for an enemy of your own because you can't accept that Trump is a tyrant and needs to be removed from office.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Going with B ...no doubt...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Except that there were 19,000 text messages. So there goes that random thought.

That seems in-human. Why you gotta make stuff up?

The average number of text-messages Americans send is a little less than 4,000 texts per month. Strzok was on the Mueller team for, roughly, one month.

Desperate for an enemy of your own because you can't accept that Trump is a tyrant and needs to be removed from office.

You know how averages work right? The average is 4,000 texts per month because there are people like my parents who send maybe 5 texts a month and there are addicts who send 10s of thousands of texts per month.

You're also forgetting that for every text he sends, on average, he should receive one, so the full conversation that should be part of the record is roughly double what he sent. This also isn't taking into account single texts that get split into parts by the server.

Edit to my edit: According to the OIG report, Strzok was assigned to the Special counsel investigation in "early June" and was removed in "late July", so in fact it's closer to two months, at least a month and a half. To be generous, I'll call it only 40 days. 40 days and 19,000 texts averages to less than 500 texts per day, sent and received. That's not that crazy.
edit on 17 12 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

talking about love birds texting...they chirp way more than the average, around 200 per hour

like to see if John Kerry and his classmate from High school buddy Robert Mueller have been saying to each other, about all of this....tap their phones and emails is the least that Trump should have done... find out who all is involved with this treason.

edit on 17-12-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Think drinking tends to help increase the amount of texting...wondering if Mueller been texting and how a independent investigation into SC and team is in order to find out...what the team is up too...besides obstruction and negligence, etc.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
He left th S.C. Team. Record wipe S.O.P.??

According to the source it is SOP and you guys are disingenuously reporting that "Muller commanded it".

I concur with Meathead, nothing to see here.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

Orchestrated, is more fitting...or could just say he is an idiot and did not know any better..i.e., incompetent...so it was not his fault...or wait, that is what you said.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

“SCO’s Records Officer told the OIG that as part of the office’s records retention procedure, the officer reviewed Strzok’s DOJ issued iPhone after he returned it to the SCO and determined it contained no substantive text messages,” the OIG report said in stating that Strzok’s phone had been “reset to factory settings,” which means it was completely wiped of all of its data.

Additionally, the SCO claimed it “was unable to locate the iPhone previously assigned to Page.” When the phone was finally found, it too had all of its data deleted and was reset to factory settings, according to the report

www.conservativereview.com...

So let’s think this through.

Strzok works for mueller for a month

Mueller fires strzok for texts of his that the IG made mueller aware of showing strzok and page made all of there anti trump texts

So muellers then has his team DELETE all of the material on the phone strzok was assigned by mueller

It is unclear to me how you went from Strzok and Page doing a factory reset on their phones before turning them in to declaring that the Office of Special Counsel erased all of their texts.

Those are two very different things.

If I missed something, please fill me in.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Yes as the IG statement I posted says, it was muellers team that factory reset strzoks phone, not strzok himself

They backed nothing up, and clammed there was nothing of substance on the phone

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

According to the source it is SOP and you guys are disingenuously reporting that "Muller commanded it".

Muellers team has a standard procedure regarding this?

So I guess if trumps team has a sop to delete evidence that’s ok as well?

Mueller knew that the IG was looking at strzok and pages texts

To delete them and use sop as an excuse is a joke

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Yes as the IG statement I posted says, it was muellers team that factory reset strzoks phone, not strzok himself

Apologies for the confusion.

So it is your opinion that since the DOJ factory reset these phones for re-use, which is standard procedure in government, that is evidence of some illicit motive or conspiracy by DOJ to hide evidence?

This would have occurred when there was no request for the phones by IG or any other investigator and it also would have occurred under the assumption that the DOJ's data collection tool had logged all of the communications already.

Reading the IG report I see nothing to suggest this was an inappropriate or suspicious action.

oig.justice.gov...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
The OIG Michael Horowitz is the one to blame...imo...read yesterday, he has Mueller's back.

Though really goes lot deeper than that and been going on for a long time....

Who Hired Stefan Halper?

It appears that Brennan and Strzok hired this bumptious fraud based on the recommendation of British intelligence.
spectator.org...

The NYT in 1983 said the Reagan campaign spying operation "involved a number of retired Central Intelligence Agency officials and was highly secretive." The article, by then-NYT reporter Leslie Gelb, added that its "sources identified Stefan A. Halper, a campaign aide involved in providing 24-hour news updates and policy ideas to the traveling Reagan party, as the person in charge." Halper, now 73, had also worked with Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, and Alexander Haig as part of the Nixon administration.

When the scandal first broke in 1983, the UPI suggested that Halper's handler for this operation was Reagan's Vice Presidential candidate, George H.W. Bush, who had been the CIA Director and worked there with Halper's father-in-law, former CIA Deputy Director Ray Cline, who worked on Bush's 1980 presidential campaign before Bush ultimately became Reagan's Vice President. It quoted a former Reagan campaign official as blaming the leak on "conservatives [who] are trying to manipulate the Jimmy Carter papers controversy to force the ouster of White House Chief of Staff James Baker."

www.eurotrib.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

IG is protecting ...doing damage control...asking for, instead of raiding and search warranting...

Any ethical law Department of Justice official would have taken custody of all electronic devices of Strzok and Page immediately upon discovery of their extreme bias and blatant misconduct — or certainly upon their termination — and preserved all the evidence. For Mueller to destroy this evidence is blatant obstruction of justice that warrants his immediate termination. The same is true for Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein who was “overseeing” it at the time.

Mueller has shown abject contempt for the wrong court. Judge Sullivan is a real judge who believes in the rule of law and has the integrity to enforce it equally. The evidence strongly suggests Mueller violated Brady, destroyed or suppressed evidence, and obstructed justice in violation of 18 USC §1512(c). He has disgraced himself and the Department of Justice. Mueller’s time is up.

Sidney Powell, a former federal prosecutor and veteran of 500 federal appeals, is the author of “LICENSED TO LIE: Exposing Corruption in the Department of Justice.” She is a senior fellow at the London Center for Policy Research.

www.zerohedge.com...

Page left Mueller's office for good on July 15, 2017. The Mueller office did something called an exit clearance certification, but the Mueller official in charge told Horowitz she did not receive either Page's iPhone or her laptop. According to Horowitz, Page told the official "that she left her assigned cellphone and laptop on a bookshelf at the office on her final day there." That is not ordinary procedure when an official leaves a highly sensitive investigation.

comment:
Horowitz is a longtime crony/colleague of Comey’s from the DOJ SDNY office in the ’90s,

theconservativetreehouse.com... by-inspector-general/comment-page-1/

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

Mueller knew that the IG was looking at strzok and pages texts

To delete them and use sop as an excuse is a joke

There was no IG investigation when Page and Strzok were let go and turned over their devices.

There was a DOJ collections tool that was responsible for logging and collecting all communications from those devices.

No on knew that tool had a bug. In that context factory resetting the phones for re-use would be expected and normal procedure. The IG did not suggest that was unusual in any way.

This is all described in the IG report.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

just another day in the park for the IG,,,cleaning up and putting out fires is just part of the job,...

Horowitz says he found no affirmative evidence that Strzok skewed his decision-making for political reasons. But he says he “did not have confidence” that Strzok’s decision in the campaign’s final month to prioritize the Trump campaign/Russia probe over new Clinton emails on Anthony Weiner’s laptop “was free from bias.” He writes that Strzok and other FBI employees “brought discredit to themselves” and hurt the bureau’s reputation.

Horowitz concluded that while Comey didn’t act out of political bias, he “usurped the authority of the Attorney General,” “chose to deviate” from established procedures, and engaged “in his own subjective, ad hoc decisionmaking.” He writes that the Clinton email case was indeed extremely unusual — but that established procedures “are most important to follow when the stakes are the highest.

www.vox.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

There was no IG investigation when Page and Strzok were let go and turned over their devices.

Hm, let's see:

The Justice Department inspector general will review broad allegations of misconduct involving FBI Director James B. Comey and how he handled the probe of Hillary Clinton’s email practices, the inspector general announced Thursday.

The investigation will be wide-ranging, encompassing Comey’s various letters and public statements on the matter and whether FBI or other Justice Department employees leaked nonpublic information, according to Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz.

Justice Department inspector general to investigate pre-election actions by department and FBI - WaPo 01/12/2017

WASHINGTON — The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, removed a top F.B.I. agent this summer from his investigation into Russian election meddling after the Justice Department’s inspector general began examining whether the agent had sent text messages that expressed anti-Trump political views, according to three people briefed on the matter.

The agent, Peter Strzok, is considered one of the most experienced and trusted F.B.I. counterintelligence investigators. He helped lead the investigation into whether Hillary Clinton had mishandled classified information on her private email account, and then played a major role in the investigation into links between President Trump’s campaign and Russia.

Mueller Removed Top Agent in Russia Inquiry Over Possible Anti-Trump Texts - NYT 12/02/2017

Horowitz probe announce in Jan of 2017, Strzok being fired announced in December 2017.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Hm, let's see:

The Justice Department inspector general will review broad allegations of misconduct involving FBI Director James B. Comey and how he handled the probe of Hillary Clinton’s email practices, the inspector general announced Thursday.

The investigation will be wide-ranging, encompassing Comey’s various letters and public statements on the matter and whether FBI or other Justice Department employees leaked nonpublic information, according to Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz.

Justice Department inspector general to investigate pre-election actions by department and FBI - WaPo 01/12/2017

WASHINGTON — The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, removed a top F.B.I. agent this summer from his investigation into Russian election meddling after the Justice Department’s inspector general began examining whether the agent had sent text messages that expressed anti-Trump political views, according to three people briefed on the matter.

The agent, Peter Strzok, is considered one of the most experienced and trusted F.B.I. counterintelligence investigators. He helped lead the investigation into whether Hillary Clinton had mishandled classified information on her private email account, and then played a major role in the investigation into links between President Trump’s campaign and Russia.

Mueller Removed Top Agent in Russia Inquiry Over Possible Anti-Trump Texts - NYT 12/02/2017

Horowitz probe announce in Jan of 2017, Strzok being fired announced in December 2017.

Now you've done it. You proved the point they are fighting Grambler on using the leftist favorite sources NYT and the Washington Compost. Seems like Leftist heads are exploding as I type.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

This is the IG Report referenced in the OP regarding Page and Strozk.

Report of Investigation: Recovery of Text Messages From Certain FBI Mobile Devices
oig.justice.gov...

The IG report you refer to was not completed until June 14th 2018.

Strozk left the Special Counsel team in July 2017 almost a year earlier.

I see no timeline where the DOJ would have been asked by the IG to break protocol and not factory reset the phones for re-use.

The actual request for the iPhones was submitted under the most recent IG investigation initiated June 2018 and completed/released Dec 1 2018 a year after Strzok left the OSC.
www.justice.gov...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

essentially cleared deep state of everything and anything, in regards to any serious wrong doings, with exception of Trump and anyone who supports him, is what the IG probe report did in summary is seems.

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join