It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a Yellow Vest movement in the US?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

The French "yellow vest" protests have ignited a debate on the left in the U.S. over how to avoid a similar backlash if Democrats get the chance to enact new environmental laws.

I've been wondering this for a while. The US seems ripe for this. We've seen all kinds of movements, BLM, Metoo, clashes about immigration, tons of people wondering about another civil war.

It seems we are at a boiling point concerning many different social matters. I don't know how it would play out.

I do not want this, but I know many that actually look forward to the day the US implodes on itself.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

50% of Americans don't even bother to vote.

The remainder has a range that goes from passive to extreme as far as ideology. The extreme are marginal comparatively.

I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I could see it happening, but then being co-opted by either dems or repubs.

Just like any other grass-root movement, the major party absorbs it, neutralizes it, negates it.

Our government is a giant "blob".

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't see a civil war occurring between the people any time soon, but the people vs Government became a starch reality with the upset of electing Trump. It was a pure act of disobedience to Washington and the swamp for this outsider to be elected. The wheels of progress slowly churn forward, but the swamp fears the day. Think of those that were ousted or met early retirement the past two years. These were plea bargains and not an anomaly where these congressmen typically take their appointment for life.

We need term limits for Congress no more should the corrupt dinosaurs run Washington.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No.

It would be a bullet proof vest.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The "Yellow Jackets" was a much more fitting name for these guys....

If Americans do this we'll need a better identifier.....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
I don't see a civil war occurring between the people any time soon, but the people vs Government became a starch reality with the upset of electing Trump. It was a pure act of disobedience to Washington and the swamp for this outsider to be elected.

lol, yeah right! Trumps an outsider.

The guys literally been a poster boy for the TPTB since the 80's... Promoting the the idea of American elitism to the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: alldaylong

The "Yellow Jackets" was a much more fitting name for these guys....

If Americans do this we'll need a better identifier.....

Patriot is my best vest.... I mean guess.

Or, lets just put Yorkie and pit bulls in the same room. They are all dogs after all.
edit on 11-12-2018 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

NO, not a chance.

we almost had it with the teaparty, but they were called racist by the left

then we had occupy and they were called dirty commie hippies by the right.

if we tried it now it would end in civil war, the left would be too bust calling everyone racists/russians and the right would be too busy calling the left commies/globalist etc etc until we start shooting each other

divide and conquer is almost fool proof.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ttropia

The word Patriot has been diluted so much its lost all meaning....

Besides colors and basic symbols work better.

How bout the Browncoats?
edit on 11-12-2018 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
no because the yellow vest are right and left wing coming together to throw the corrupt power structure out of their country

in the US both sides of the equation will take hard line stances over a single ridiculous issue and allow the corrupt power structure to destroy our country rather than realize the establishment is a bigger problem than the right or left

it's really sad

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

NO, not a chance.

we almost had it with the teaparty, but they were called racist by the left

then we had occupy and they were called dirty commie hippies by the right.

if we tried it now it would end in civil war, the left would be too bust calling everyone racists/russians and the right would be too busy calling the left commies/globalist etc etc until we start shooting each other

divide and conquer is almost fool proof.

boom, nailed it, welcome to being more awake than the sheep

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

The word Patriot has been diluted so much its lost all meaning....

Besides colors and basic symbols work better.

How bout the Browncoats?

How about the digital camo? That what the patriots I know have a closet of. They made an oath and plan to uphold it. They all have closets full of them from the many years they protected our land.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

it's to bad we're going to fight over what gender you "choose" rather then go hey, the banks are f******* all of us maybe we should work together to kick the banks out

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The Yellow Vest movement in the US is what elected President Trump.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists.

sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com...

all it takes is 3%

I'm thinking this is why the President told everyone to prepare a couple months ago. www.ready.gov...

edit on 11-12-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Of course you guys could have a yellow vest movement.

Paid for by some shady politically affiliated group and sponsored by Red Bull!!

CNN will come and make you look like hooligans that MUST be dealt with,you will be squashed and life will move on!!

Vive le France!!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

What about Eagle Wings?

Or would animal rights people find that offensive?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am sure there are enough disenchanted Americans to come together, burn a few cars and shops, cause mayhem. Spray some graffiti.

The problem with violent protest is that public support evaporates quickly. They may support the grievance (whether that is), but they don't like the mayhem. When you lose public support you end up being an arse. Nobody likes an arse.
edit on 11/12/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists.

You didn't mention The French, Spanish and Dutch military who fought in The American Revolution.

When you have those onboard i suppose 3% of The Colonists is enough.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join