It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fact that women use make-up

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Im gonna get my son to take a picture of one eye and post it on here. No way to google the image.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: SeaWorthy

There are choices for all pocketbooks.

Foundation from wet n Wild $4.99 From Estee Lauder $49.00 From Loreal $12.00
Powder from rimmel london $6.00 from Laura Mercier $24.00 From Milani $9.00

And we are not snobby. If a product from the drugstore works better that's what we go with.
The top selling mascara in the country is Lash Paradise from Loreal and it sells for $12.00 in Target. ANd that is among all demographics for makeup budgets.

Sad though those who feel they have no or little choice but to spend money on that when they need food for the kids.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Que the dramatic music...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

There are choices for all pocketbooks.

Foundation from wet n Wild $4.99 From Estee Lauder $49.00 From Loreal $12.00
Powder from rimmel london $6.00 from Laura Mercier $24.00 From Milani $9.00

And we are not snobby. If a product from the drugstore works better that's what we go with.
The top selling mascara in the country is Lash Paradise from Loreal and it sells for $12.00 in Target. ANd that is among all demographics for makeup budgets.

Sad though those who feel they have no or little choice but to spend money on that when they need food for the kids.

All my money goes on crack...

...for the kids...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

What you're essentially saying is "I don't like that thing that you do that has zero impact on me, so I'm going to judge you for daring to like it". That's not cool, dude.

I disagree, I think those things are choices. Women have a hard time being accepted or even getting a job if they won't play the game and paint their face.Teens when they reach the age where everyone else wears it can not even compete in the world from that point on and they are made to feel bland or ugly with their own natural face. It is not even a choice unless you want to suffer, I know this because my wife wears zero makeup and refuses to play that game.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

lol

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Haha! There's a scooter and music festival in Devon next summer I'm hoping to hook up with a couple of ATS members. Only £20 for two nights camping and entry, festival site is an easy walk from the train station as well.
Maybe think about it and you'll get your hug lol

I love beautiful makeup on girls though, it ain't deception, it's facial art, and what a drab world it would be without it.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: EvillerBob

What you're essentially saying is "I don't like that thing that you do that has zero impact on me, so I'm going to judge you for daring to like it". That's not cool, dude.

I disagree, I think those things are choices. Women have a hard time being accepted or even getting a job if they won't play the game and paint their face.Teens when they reach the age where everyone else wears it can not even compete in the world from that point on and they are made to feel bland or ugly with their own natural face. It is not even a choice unless you want to suffer, I know this because my wife wears zero makeup and refuses to play that game.

I feel your pain.
I was refused jobs simply cos I was wearing a black bin bag instead of a nice suit at the interviews.
Buying a suit?? I refuse to play that game...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Haha! There's a scooter and music festival in Devon next summer I'm hoping to hook up with a couple of ATS members. Only £20 for two nights camping and entry, festival site is an easy walk from the train station as well.
Maybe think about it and you'll get your hug lol

I love beautiful makeup on girls though, it ain't deception, it's facial art, and what a drab world it would be without it.

A festival? I'll keep it in mind, could be fun.

I feel like throwing down some Rap lyrics...

Of course it's not a deception.
Peeps be #ing crazy with their warped sense of perception.

I #ing hate Rap too...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Pmsl I'm loving your sarky replies, funny as #!
I wore a potato sack to an interview once, didn't get the job lol.
I agree, ban all makeup, heck ban shaving! Shaving is the ultimate deceit, especially the head hiding grey hair, the conning bastards!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Pmsl I'm loving your sarky replies, funny as #!
I wore a potato sack to an interview once, didn't get the job lol.
I agree, ban all makeup, heck ban shaving! Shaving is the ultimate deceit, especially the head hiding grey hair, the conning bastards!

Yep ban it all!
Ban soap, deodorant, combs and brushes! Outlaw clothes too! Clothes are very deceptive!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
An old joke.
Girls use makeup and perfume because they are ugly and they smell.

Though I think that only works when you are 6 or 7.

Really though, makeup is all about looking ready for sex.
Long may it continue

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

I hate to tell ya fella but an ugly woman is going to be ugly even with makeup and a beautiful woman is going to be beautiful no matter her choice. Its makeup not magic.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

a reply to: KiwiNite

I hate to tell ya fella but an ugly woman is going to be ugly even with makeup and a beautiful woman is going to be beautiful no matter her choice. Its makeup not magic.

Agreed, but it can enhance less than beautiful natural faces.
I love beautiful makeup on any girl, it is face art, but like I said in a previous post I've had relationships with hairy no makeup hippy chicks in my life, I'm easy with my attraction, I love sparkly and earthy women equally in my circles.

...sparkly silver/pink beautiful eye shadow on a slim/athletic body blonde hair/blue eyes girl is my preference visually. I laughed with a mate that we do well out as a team because he likes brunettes so we never chase the same girl.
I love beautiful makeup though, if the eyeshadow gets me I'm like a starstruck child looking into eyes as I flirt.
Makeup massively works on me, I recognise the effort and the face art it really is.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time (Matthew 24:24-25)."

This Bible passage is obviously talking about Maybelline and other make up manufacturers...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Biblical pisstake now lmfao!!!
Mate, pop in the banter cafe thread in off topic general chat, we got no alcohol license off ATS staff but you can bring your own. Put a favourite tune on the youtube jukebox.

Lmao false Christs and prophets haha!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I'm partly shaking my head, rolling my eyes and laughing. Wow, so many assumptions in here.
Wearing makeup is no different than picking out certain pieces of clothing or jewelry. I don't spend a lot on makeup, wear a lot of makeup or do it to please anyone. Just like clothing, it's a personal choice and you choose what you enjoy and makes you feel good.

Lighten up folks, not everyone dresses or wears makeup to impress others. It's one's personality and good heart that matters most with or without makeup. Sheesh!

Here is how I see it and why I disagree.

This is the same reasoning that caused orientals to have their feet deformed and not feel pretty if theirs were not. A Woman Should feel just as beautiful without makeup grubbing in the soil to grow food as she does in a new dress.

Society manipulates but to what end and for what reasons? You feel you are choosing at this point but you never were someone else did that.

Wearing high heels for the leg to look better even if it deforms the bones of the feet. many makeups have been poison.

Women in the west started shaving their legs because their husbands liked the prostitute that way and they wanted to compete. So this led to a woman having to be ashamed of the soft hair on her legs while a man remained fine as he is.

The bible says for a woman to dress modest and husbands to love them their soul their goodness.I have found over the years that couples that stay together for life and I know many happy such couples, did not even consider the outside they found good people they respect for who they are.

Tim 2.9
9 Likewise, I want the women to adorn themselves with respectable apparel, with modesty, and with self-control, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, as is proper for women who profess to worship God.…

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Bible quotes? Really???!!!
Sorry but you made me piss laughing at that!
...at least the other member was joking with his Bible quotes...maybe you were and it went over my head?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time (Matthew 24:24-25)."

This Bible passage is obviously talking about Maybelline and other make up manufacturers...

hey you may not be far from wrong
we have been taught an attitude after falling and choosing the wrong path.
Book of Enoch

At the time of Christ there was a view held among the sects that the use of make-up and jewellery was of demonic origin. The Ethiopic Book of Enoch states:

8:1 And Azazel taught men to make swords, and daggers, and shields and breastplates. And he showed them the things after these (2v, a5) and the art of making them: bracelets, and ornaments, and the art of making up eyes and of beautifying the eyelids, and the most precious and choice stones, and all (kinds of) coloured dyes. And the world was changed.

8.2 And there was great impiety and much fornication, and they went astray, and all their ways became corrupt

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Bible quotes? Really???!!!
Sorry but you made me piss laughing at that!
...at least the other member was joking with his Bible quotes...maybe you were and it went over my head?

So what do you have against the bible and quotes there from? Not everything is a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join