It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fact that women use make-up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
Men have to compete otherwise they may never reproduce..... a woman can reproduce easily... because men are easy.
Haha true that, it is the woman who allows the male to mate, and as a male we have to work for it lol.
Women still compete with each other though, I see it every time I'm in a group of girls at a party and we all get along, they'll all flirt in their own ways.

I wouldn't say flirting is competing. Flirting is just for fun.

Did you run out of money before you found the right woman or did you figure that women that are only interested in money are not worthy of your love?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
Is the fact that women use make-up the translation of a tendency to lie, deceit, manipulate, dissimulate and be hypocritical in general ? Is it the result of an evolutionary path ? What role have men been playing in this evolutionary path, how have they influenced this path ? When men know for a fact that women do use make-up, and they are not bothered by the fact that it's an obvious deception, what does that say about men ? Can this be all explained by the fact that men have always been more physically strong than women, forcing women to adopt a strategy, or is it more complex and abstract than that ?

Awaiting your answers.

More so when men are wearing make up they used to rage because they hate competition.
To me make up is like extremely cheating of reality and if I was a woman I'd rather feel attractive and wanted for who I am and how I really look not because of fake wallpaper on my face.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Did you run out of money before you found the right woman or did you figure that women that are only interested in money are not worthy of your love?
Oh I knew none of it was real, just because I had cash. I enjoyed the party lifestyle but had no illusions.
I love make up on girls though, silvers/pinks glittery eye shadows melt me.
EDIT

edit on 11-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

...only thing missing in the above pic is blue eyes, that would make me drool lol

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978
[snip]
I'm easy with make up or no make up and natural. I was in love with a hippy chick for a year or so, she had hairy legs, armpits and everything, didn't faze me, I loved her.
...I'm hairy anyway so I've never understood why women shave all their hair off, never bothered me, I like hippy chicks as much as I like sparkly glittery chicks, just different.
edit on 11-12-2018 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Makeup can certainly be deceiving in my view, it's capable of incredible transformation,

Source

I can't speak though, if I didn't shave that bit about my nose once in a while, I'd have a single mono-brow that would rival cartoon legend Hey Arnold (I've been living a lie 😭)

I can say this, though, when I was a young whippersnapper, I'd see a female nicely made-up and dressed and think to myself 'yeah, she's fit'.

Now I'm a little older, I just think 'hmm, nice hair and makeup', I kind of see through it all now.

My partner rarely wears makeup, and very little when she does, and she's a babe, and my car is a Nissan Almero, so no fancy cars or makeup needed in these here parts.

(Let the mono-brow slide please guys and gals, lol)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This one time my wife painted her nails.
Suddenly the Auto-Bots rolled out against the Decepticons...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Real men are more attracted to that which resides from within
Give me a break 'real men', the first thing in attraction is visually, say you are watching a female sports game or whatever then you know instantly which one you are attracted for looks alone.
If you deny that I don't believe you.

I love beautiful make up on girls, I naturally complement especially if its glittery or shiny, silvers and light pink eye shadow melts me...

Sometimes I like to put little trigger words into my posts, you know - push the boundaries, see who responds and what they have to say because that will show how weak or strong they are regarding certain subject matters and in this instance what has manifested is someone who has self-confidence issues.

Some like the superficial, the glitery shiney objects, others prefer the other traits which the laws of attraction govern.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
Yeah okay boss lol, oh wise one who uses a pic of Bruce Lee for an avatar to compensate for your own insecurities.

I like sparkly glitter girls, how can you have a problem with that, preferably blonde, blue eyes, and an athletic or slim body shape. Personality comes after that for me, but I'm talking about sexual attraction, not someone to be my wife.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yeah okay boss lol, oh wise one who uses a pic of Bruce Lee for an avatar to compensate for your own insecurities.

Again, your lack of self confidence is showing. Sometimes it's just wiser to listen, think and observe instead of shooting from the hip with your own projections. No need to dictate what defines sexual attraction, each man to his own.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I started a beauty regime when I was fourteen years old. It included skin care for adolescent skin that was changing and learning how to correctly apply makeup. My face has been taken care of quite well ever since then. I am now sixty one nearly sixty two and my forehead is still smooth and I do not have visible wrinkles. I do get crinkles at the sides of my eyes when I smile but I've seen deeper on twenty somethings so thats no big thing.There are no wrinkles around my eyes. I do not look like I am in my sixties. I do not look like I am really in my fifties either. When ever age comes up people are always surprised when I say how old I am.

My skills with makeup have grown along with me. I know the trends and the newest techniques and colors. So along with protecting my skin from the sun I have learned how to make my skin glow and look flawless with careful application of makeup.

I do not need makeup. I choose makeup and I love it. It is not a lie. Unless someone says, "Who me? I woke up like this!"
I do not pretend that the way I look in makeup is the way I was born. I don't lie about anything.
And I know in this Me too atmosphere it's probably silly of me but I still see dudes checking me out and I never expected that that would still be occurring at this age and I like it. Everybody likes to be thought attractive.

I appreciate that some people don't like makeup. C'est la vie.
Makeup
fashion
shoes
and of course home decor... I'm all about making the world a more beautiful place LOL

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Sorry , but 8 dollars a day for makeup is a load of rubbish unless you are buying very high end products, and using too many.

But lets just say it does cost 8 dollars a day. I know men who spend twice that amount daily at their local pub for happy hour and don’t bat an eye over it.

Now that could be considered a useless waste of money put to better use, by some.

I say each to their own.

Looks like about 50$ a bottle for normal face paint. Add under stuff over stuff and lip stuff I chose a sight random 50$ each for those. I don't think everyone wears the expensive kind this is average it seems...no expert but to me it is silly as heck.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RealityIsAbsurd
This has led me to not really having any romantic interest in women who spend a lot of money on makeup. To me it's just a waste of money.

Really? How is it any different to someone painting model aeroplanes?

What would your response be to someone who said they woudn't have any romantic interest in someone who liked spending their own disposable income on buying watercolours so they could paint some nice landscapes?

What you're essentially saying is "I don't like that thing that you do that has zero impact on me, so I'm going to judge you for daring to like it". That's not cool, dude.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Again, your lack of self confidence is showing. Sometimes it's just wiser to listen, think and observe instead of shooting from the hip with your own projections. No need to dictate what defines sexual attraction, each man to his own.

I've never dictated, don't try and twist my words. I only expressed my own preference.
Stop acting like the wise old sage who knows everything lol, you don't, and I have no insecurities, with women, or showing my face on the internet, I have no need for kung-fu avatars lmfao.

On-topic, I love perfect make-up on girls. I recognise the time and effort it has taken to create that mask of beauty.
I compliment naturally even with say a stranger serving me in a store or a bar. No insecurities here fella so stop trying to make out you know my mind, you don't.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

There are choices for all pocketbooks.

Foundation from wet n Wild $4.99 From Estee Lauder $49.00 From Loreal $12.00
Powder from rimmel london $6.00 from Laura Mercier $24.00 From Milani $9.00

And we are not snobby. If a product from the drugstore works better that's what we go with.
The top selling mascara in the country is Lash Paradise from Loreal and it sells for $12.00 in Target. ANd that is among all demographics for makeup budgets.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The other day I did a green cut crease with a metallic light green on the lid, and a deeper forest green in the crease.
I added green and turquoise glitter and olive green eyeliner. I am practicing different holiday looks for a christmas karaoke show.
I got an unexpected compliment from the young man checking my groceries who informed me that my eyes looked so cool. LOL.

PS yes it takes a good amount of time and is not something I do all the time.
Though I do wear makeup almost every day its not full on glam most days. It's a BB cream some blush and lipstick.]
edit on 12112018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
OMG that sounds gorgeous!!
I really notice beautiful eye shadow work and compliment naturally, honestly my mates know me as the gayest straight bloke in town.
There's a girl in McD's and she has an amazing sparkly pink and turquoise eye shadow thing going on, with 'wings' coming out off her eye liner, absolutely beautiful. Too young for me but my compliments are never taken as a creepy old guy because I am genuinely loving seeing beautiful work with make up, not trying to flirt or anything.
EDIT
I have a twin sister and we used to play with makeup growing up, I totally recognise the time and effort to make beautiful face art...at festivals my female friends like to paint my face, and I love it haha.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Give me a break 'real men', the first thing in attraction is visually, say you are watching a female sports game or whatever then you know instantly which one you are attracted for looks alone.

I love beautiful make up on girls, I naturally complement especially if its glittery or shiny, silvers and light pink eye shadow melts me...

Some like the superficial, the glitery shiney objects, others prefer the other traits which the laws of attraction govern.

Yeah, I'm with ya there!
Toothpaste is banned from our household. Teeth should be allowed to decay and rot naturally to create that perfect attractive smile.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

Yeah, I'm with ya there!
Toothpaste is banned from our household. Teeth should be allowed to decay and rot naturally to create that perfect attractive smile.
Oi, that's our secret here in Britain, don't steal our ideas!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by:
Sublimecraft

Yeah, I'm with ya there!
Oi, that's our secret here in Britain, don't steal our ideas!

I'm British myself. Don't you remember me Cornish?
We were gonna meet up for a beer, punch up and a hug at some point.
We should make it soon, all this talk of make up and deception has got me in need of a beer, punch up and a hug.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join