It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fact that women use make-up

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think it was horizon, years ago did a science of attraction thing and it was all about red lips and smoky eyes telling the world you are ovulating and horny.

Nor sure how that explained 18th century dandies mind haha.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Night Star
I'm partly shaking my head, rolling my eyes and laughing. Wow, so many assumptions in here.
Wearing makeup is no different than picking out certain pieces of clothing or jewelry. I don't spend a lot on makeup, wear a lot of makeup or do it to please anyone. Just like clothing, it's a personal choice and you choose what you enjoy and makes you feel good.

Lighten up folks, not everyone dresses or wears makeup to impress others. It's one's personality and good heart that matters most with or without makeup. Sheesh!

Here is how I see it and why I disagree.

This is the same reasoning that caused orientals to have their feet deformed and not feel pretty if theirs were not. A Woman Should feel just as beautiful without makeup grubbing in the soil to grow food as she does in a new dress.

Society manipulates but to what end and for what reasons? You feel you are choosing at this point but you never were someone else did that.

Wearing high heels for the leg to look better even if it deforms the bones of the feet. many makeups have been poison.

Women in the west started shaving their legs because their husbands liked the prostitute that way and they wanted to compete. So this led to a woman having to be ashamed of the soft hair on her legs while a man remained fine as he is.

The bible says for a woman to dress modest and husbands to love them their soul their goodness.I have found over the years that couples that stay together for life and I know many happy such couples, did not even consider the outside they found good people they respect for who they are.

Tim 2.9
9 Likewise, I want the women to adorn themselves with respectable apparel, with modesty, and with self-control, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, as is proper for women who profess to worship God.…

I see what you're saying.
I slept with a transvestite once. If I wasn't deceived by his make up, I wouldn't have gone through with it.
I mean, I'm straight! Right??

Make up, bad...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Bible quotes? Really???!!!
Sorry but you made me piss laughing at that!
...at least the other member was joking with his Bible quotes...maybe you were and it went over my head?

So what do you have against the bible and quotes there from? Not everything is a joke.
Nothing particularly against the Bible mate, just any unverifiable claimed holy books, I'd say the same if you were Sikh, Hindu, Jew or Muslim spouting your beliefs as facts.
Religious belief is a joke in my opinion. Certainly in a thread talking about women and makeup lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

a reply to: SeaWorthy

Bible quotes? Really???!!!
Sorry but you made me piss laughing at that!
...at least the other member was joking with his Bible quotes...maybe you were and it went over my head?
Not everything is a joke.

Life is so much more enjoyable when you realise that it is...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Sounds like a bunch of men commenting.

I don't wear make up. If I do it's for me and nobody else.

When I worked in the bars I wore make up for the men because they seemed to like a dolled up face vs brains. I hated it because it made my skin itchy and it felt so unnatural.

I think each person chooses to wear make up for their own reasons. Most women I know do it for themselves and that is it.

I know today's society is crazy with make up and I personally don't get it as a female. It seems like too much work, time and money to put all that on your face. Maybe for some it makes them feel more secure? I honestly can't speak for every wearer of make up, just myself and I don't care either way.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Anything wrong with a bunch of men commenting?
I love makeup on girls, face art, is my position any less valid because I am male in your opinion?
EDIT
Do you disagree with my assertion that SOME women use makeup to attract males and compete with other women?
edit on 11-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My wife LOVES her make up, and I mean LOVES it.
Now, I don't know if that's because she's insecure, likes to try to attract other men, enjoys wasting half the morning applying it, trying to deceive everyone...

I don't really care.
I like licking batteries. You do your thing, I'll do mine...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

you're out of touch

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

She's just trying to do you dude, don't trust her, she's wearing makeup ffs, obviously false as # like the op is whinging about lol

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't know why women get all bent out of shape over a few lies.

Any woman that dies, colors, perms or curls her hair or uses hair extensions, wears fake eyelashes, fake fingernails and colored contact lenses, two pounds of make up, a bra that either pushes up or lifts and separates, control top pantyhose, butt lifting spanx, and high heels has absolutely no interest in the truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Any woman that dies, colors, perms or curls her hair or uses hair extensions, wears fake eyelashes, fake fingernails and colored contact lenses, two pounds of make up, a bra that either pushes up or lifts and separates, control top pantyhose, butt lifting spanx, and high heels has absolutely no interest in the truth.

😆😂😂. You have a point. ( have you been watching those housewives shows again ?)
edit on 11-12-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Ruiner1978

She's just trying to do you dude, don't trust her, she's wearing makeup ffs, obviously false as # like the op is whinging about lol

In a fit of rage I've just cleaned her make up off with a wire brush. Turns out she wasn't actually wearing any, she is just naturally beautiful.
Only now she looks #ing awful, on the account of just having her face attacked with a wire brush.

Live and learn, I suppose...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Lmfao, you just described my mother XD

God forbid somebody thinks she has stubby fingernails, sparse eyelashes, doesn't believe her natural color is still wheat blonde at 65 rather than gray, or she doesn't go to bed in full make-up (the house might burn down, what would the firefighters think if she wasn't made up?) God forbid people find out her boobs are actually smaller than they appear, or her "gut sucker" control pants thing doesn't make her look like she has a flat stomach (fun fact: she doesn't wear undies, just those damn things)
And doesn't wear about 95% of her expensive wardrobe or shoes.

This level of vanity is one I find flummoxing at best. Why the hell do you do this/spend this much when you NEVER leave the house? What the hell is the point, other than going broke doing it?
edit on 12/11/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Really? How is it any different to someone painting model aeroplanes?

What would your response be to someone who said they woudn't have any romantic interest in someone who liked spending their own disposable income on buying watercolours so they could paint some nice landscapes?

What you're essentially saying is "I don't like that thing that you do that has zero impact on me, so I'm going to judge you for daring to like it". That's not cool, dude.

I really don't care what your opinion is, because you have taken an approach of taking a complex subject and simplifying it against me.

Why not first ask me why I hold that view? Or ask me to clarify what I meant? You really can't know what my views are from a short statement. To assume to know what I'm saying is ridiculous; just like that made up quote. You took the opportunity to vilify me in you mind. Is it that you feel some need to lash out? Do you feel the need to take offense to everything you don't like?

There's no need to reply. Everything I just typed out was a rhetorical statement to you. The next time you feel the need to take offense to something I want you to take your fingers off the keys. Take a deep breath, and think about if it's really something worth getting upset over. If you decide that it really is something that necessitates criticism from you take another deep breath and concentrate on formulating something that has at least somewhat of a chastening effect.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The very first woman on earth, f'ked it up for all mankind. There's your answer.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I met this girl once that was so naturally pretty that she needed very little make up. I could never have told her though. I'm talking gorgeous!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

The very first woman on earth, f'ked it up for all mankind. There's your answer.

One might say the very first man on earth was stupid enough to listen to that woman... therefore had equal liability in f##ing it up for mankind.
edit on 11-12-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

One might say the very first man on earth was stupid enough to listen to that woman... therefore had equal liability in f##ing it up for mankind.

One might not say that. There are men today that accept long prison sentences, just for a woman. Even if they both know that she did the crime. You underestimate the power of female seduction, and how women use their charms and beauty to seduce men into joining them in their downfall. All the crying and "I'm a victim" crap is very powerful against most men, who are weak when it comes to saying no to a woman....and all Eve had to do, was get him to take a bite of an apple. Even just a mildly attractive woman could probably achieve that feat. This is common knowledge.
edit on 11-12-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Yep...LOL

Actually, according to Adam, the way I read it, it was God's fault for giving the woman to Adam in the first place!

LORD God: “Have you eaten of the tree from which I commanded you not to eat?”
And the man answered, “The woman whom YOU gave me, SHE gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

So basically you are saying men have no back bone in regards to female seduction. 🙄

Adam perhaps had as much desire as Eve to be like God ?

By the way, I know a few strong men who can see right through a women’s seductive charms and never fall for their mind games.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join