It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fact that women use make-up

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

GET ON TOPIC

POSTING BANS ARE NEXT.

No need for replies to this reminder, Thank You.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the women who rely on makeup or sparkly eyeshadows to try and find a good hearted lasting mate.

If that’s all the men are attracted to , they will be gone and on to the next one when the makeup wears off.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Lol no, the sparkly eyes are the initial attraction. Once they eyes have won the man then the personality takes over.
I die for sparkly eye shadow, every time.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Smoky >>>sparkly

Anyway, most things that appear to be for the benefit of others, are actually for the individual.

That sharp suit? The shaved face, silk tie and shiny boots, don't tell me it doesn't make you feel good to walk out the door looking good.

Same with makeup and a hair do I reckon.
edit on 32pSat, 15 Dec 2018 13:34:32 -060020182018-12-15T13:34:32-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Lol no, the sparkly eyes are the initial attraction. Once they eyes have won the man then the personality takes over.
I die for sparkly eye shadow, every time.

I just feel bad that the initial attraction has to be something so superficial as makeup.

(post by CornishCeltGuy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The initial interaction is always visual.
How could you possibly deny that?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

The initial interaction is always visual.
How could you possibly deny that?

It isn’t always visual. Not for everyone anyhow. Guys who think they are all that because of the way they look have always been a turn off to my friends and I. Personally, I am attracted to certain characteristics, and they might not be the characteristics other women find attractive.

I also know plenty of men who don’t care for an extremely made up woman. They too are initially attracted to character, and a heavily made up woman seems shallow to them.

Just admit ccg, you’re just that type of guy who is initially attracted to the sparkly superficial, and the bottom line is you aren’t the type of guy many woman are initially attracted to.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I admit I'm attracted to glittery girls, so what?
Glittery girls are attracted to me. We meet in the middle.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Makes me feel better. It makes me feel perkier. Same with when I color my hair or choose a nice dress to wear. I enjoy it.

That’s all fine , Night. But on some level you have to admit you do it because of what others think of you.

If you did it to just feel perky, you would do it on those days when you are home alone with your hubby and feeling sluggish. The only times I read you mentioning that you’re “putting your face on” is when you are going out with your friend or your sister, or you’re having company.

Do you pick out a nice dress to wear when you’re hanging out at home with hubby ? Pretty jewelry at home to perk up your mood ?

I think it’s absolutely fine when women take the time to adorn themselves in any way for a loving relationship ( though it may be superficial )... but lets be honest, after a certain period of time many women do less of that for their man and more of it for the outside world.
edit on 15-12-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i don't think there has to be any contradiction between doing something because you're expected to and getting enjoyment from it...
sure, the world demands a high level of presentation from women and as a fact that's a bit of a bummer, but most girls i know have a lot of fun with their makeup. For most of my friends it's seen as something like an extension of your personality, a bit like having a specific haircut or the clothes you choose to wear. Another way of impressing who you are on the world.

and oh god does it aggrieve me that you're all equating that with being out to catch a man.
i habitually wear ridiculous over the top eyeshadow colours and garish lip and i can guarantee you, men are the LAST thing on my mind when i do that.

i asked this a few pages ago and i'll ask again;
why does this conversation about what women do have to revolve around the feelings of men?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Why do women have long nails and wear high heels, beyond being fashion statements? Maybe these are symbolic attempts at power since they may feel physically lesser than men generally.

As for makeup, in-fact that is a reflection of the reality that we all use masks in public.

Women just use prettier masks

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: RealityIsAbsurd

This thread started with the suggestion that women in general tend to lie manipulate and deceive (men being the honest victims of deceitful villainous females-- nevermind the male owned and marketed Penthouse, Playboy, Maxim magazines which NEVER feature a woman without makeup/filters).

Then lots of men commenting on why women wear make up. Evil ex wives and girlfriends. Comments on how another person's money would be better spent.

There were a few women commenting on why other women wear make up. (I do respect Sheye as well! I know she is wrong though about me and make up because I DO dress up for the sole purpose of staying home with my man-- I also feel great without make up most days and often go without.)

Pretty sure this thread started in the trash and belongs there

edit on 16-12-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I do respect Sheye as well! I know she is wrong though about me and make up because I DO dress up for the sole purpose of staying home with my man-- I also feel great without make up most days and often go without.

I wasn’t accusing you of not using makeup solely to please you your man. I read your previous post and I get it. It gives you great pleasure to make yourself up for the man who truly appreciates it, though his love for you is still there even if you don’t . That’s the way it should be zos.

When I wore makeup, I wore it everyday, to the point of feeling naked without it, if I was going somewhere. I didn’t wear much other. Just some natural looking eyeshadows, a little mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss or lipstick. I just wish I hadn’t of based so much of my self esteem on my looks, because as one poster said outward beauty fades , and at some point , so does your vanity.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join