It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fact that women use make-up

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: zosimov

When I wore makeup, I wore it everyday, to the point of feeling naked without it, if I was going somewhere. I didn’t wear much other. Just some natural looking eyeshadows, a little mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss or lipstick. I just wish I hadn’t of based so much of my self esteem on my looks, because as one poster said outward beauty fades , and at some point , so does your vanity.

Oh man your vulnerable honesty here did make me reevaluate and you deserve honesty in return (forget the posters here who have already developed unhealthy opinions of women... this is not for them):

It took me many years to develop the confidence to put myself out there just as I am. Now that I am thinking about it when I was in my late teens and early twenties I felt very similar to this. Very vulnerable and naked without make up.

Getting older definitely has its advantages! And, like most women I know, I spend much more time and effort in what I put into my brain/heart than what I put on.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
wait why did the post by RealityIsAbsurd on the last page get nuked?
i feel like the question they were asking - why is it so normal for a thread ostensibly about the habits of women to degenerate into two dudes talking about their preferences - is extremely relevant to what's going on here, if not directly, then in a metacultural fashion.

So we'll keep this whole thread full of incels whining that makeup is deception and women are evil soul suckers sent to destroy or whatever and we'll keep most of the dudes waffling about their own particular preference in makeup [hey ladies would you believe they all like the nAtUrAl LoOk?? ie two types of foundation, some artful blended eyeshadow, full mascara, a matte nude lip, and depending on the circumstance probably a highlight or two] ---- we'll keep all of that, but as soon as anyone mentions about how threads about women are really threads about what men think about women, ohhhh you better smack that # back down that's way off topic

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That’s all fine , Night. But on some level you have to admit you do it because of what others think of you.

Nope. I just enjoy it.

If you did it to just feel perky, you would do it on those days when you are home alone with your hubby and feeling sluggish. The only times I read you mentioning that you’re “putting your face on” is when you are going out with your friend or your sister, or you’re having company.

When I'm feeling sluggish I don't bother. My Husband could care less one way or the other. LOL

Do you pick out a nice dress to wear when you’re hanging out at home with hubby ? Pretty jewelry at home to perk up your mood ?

I love dresses and jewelry! I sleep with jewely on. Sometimes I just hang out in my nighty. LOL

I think it’s absolutely fine when women take the time to adorn themselves in any way for a loving relationship ( though it may be superficial )... but lets be honest, after a certain period of time many women do less of that for their man and more of it for the outside world.

OR...they do it simply because they enjoy it.

edit on 19-12-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It didn't post my reply to the last quote. My answer was, OR...They simply enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I feel sorry for the women who rely on makeup or sparkly eyeshadows to try and find a good hearted lasting mate.

If that’s all the men are attracted to , they will be gone and on to the next one when the makeup wears off.

Which is why a woman should allow a boyfriend to see her with and without. All my boyfriends saw me with and without makeup and it didn't matter at all. Who would want a man who wants you just for your looks? None of us.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Night Star

It didn't post my reply to the last quote. My answer was, OR...They simply enjoy it.

If they ‘simply’ enjoyed it, they’d do it all the time, and not just when they will be around others.

Answer me honestly, do you wear makeup when you’re home alone simply because you enjoy it ? If so, how many times a week ?

As a former makeup wearer and an occasional makeup wearer now, I don’t get fooled easily... especially by someone who stays in their nightie all day. 😆 ( I’m teasing of course )
edit on 20-12-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Native warriors wore war paint, Hollywood stars wear makeup (men included), and no one bats an eye about it. I think it's a kick back maybe something in the human psyche that makes some people want to wear it, because lets face it, life is a war zone. Who knows, who cares. Does it matter?

I equate makeup with tattoos.
edit on 20-12-2018 by ViXxeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ViXxeN
Native warriors wore war paint, Hollywood stars wear makeup (men included), and no one bats an eye about it. I think it's a kick back maybe something in the human psyche that makes some people want to wear it, because lets face it, life is a war zone. Who knows, who cares. Does it matter?

No, it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.

But lets be realistic, its very closely related to vanity and how those said people ( male or female) want to appear to the outside world.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

But lets be realistic, its very closely related to vanity and how those said people ( male or female) want to appear to the outside world.

No it doesn't.

But lets be realistic past that, Religion has a lot to do with the shunning of wearing makeup and jewelry. Take Religion out of the equation, and Women wouldn't be so harassed about wearing it. We live in 2018 not 2000bc.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

No it doesn't.

But lets be realistic past that, Religion has a lot to do with the shunning of wearing makeup and jewelry. Take Religion out of the equation, and Women wouldn't be so harassed about wearing it. We live in 2018 not 2000bc.

Why do you bring religion into it ?

A personal stab at me ? I wore makeup to church all the time when I went to church. And it was all due to vanity.
Just like all the other women wearing it.

Same reason men and women dye their hair. Vanity ! No big surprises there.
edit on 20-12-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

No it doesn't.

Why do you bring religion into it ?

A personal stab at me ? I wore makeup to church all the time when I went to church. And it was all due to vanity.
Just like all the other women wearing it.

Same reason men and women dye their hair. Vanity ! No big surprises there.

Do you take everything strangers say to you, personally? Should I cookie cut what I feel in order to make you feel safe and happy?

Sorry I can't do that, I speak my mind just as you are, and if you don't like it, that's too bad.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ViXxeN

Feel free to speak your mind, as I will feel free to speak mine.

The only reference the bible makes to vanity is in the letters from Paul who warns women that their beauty does not come from outward adornments, such as braids.

I have never once been ‘preached’ to about not wearing makeup , by a priest or preacher.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well that was some interesting nightly reading on a bunch of old creepy dudes in the internet talking about make-up.

Guess I need to get some sleep...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

The only reference the bible makes to vanity is in the letters from Paul who warns women that their beauty does not come from outward adornments, such as braids.

I have never once been ‘preached’ to about not wearing makeup , by a priest or preacher.

You're the one that freaked out on me then accused me of taking a personal stab at you 'as you said it'.

You may not be 'preaching' in the conventional way, but your reaction tells me it bothers you when people mention Religion at all, even though it has had a lot to do with how Women have been treated for the past few thousand years. So please, in all honesty here, don't preach religion to me, on how Women should dress. Because I really don't think God gives a flying # either way.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You're the one that freaked out on me then accused me of taking a personal stab at you 'as you said it'.

You may not be 'preaching' in the conventional way, but your reaction tells me it bothers you when people mention Religion at all, even though it has had a lot to do with how Women have been treated for the past few thousand years. So please, in all honesty here, don't preach religion to me, on how Women should dress. Because I really don't think God gives a flying # either way.

I’m not preaching anything.

Just trying to make the point that makeup is pure vanity and anyone who says otherwise is full of it.
Does God care about vanity ? To some degree I think he does, especially when there are souls out there spending excessive amounts on plastic surgery, top end makeup and designer clothes.. all to feel good about themselves.

That’s a lot of money that could be used to help the poor.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Well that was some interesting nightly reading on a bunch of old creepy dudes in the internet talking about make-up.

G’night ( make sure to wash your makeup off )

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

A personal stab at me ?
Did you or did you not say this to me?

I think you need to rethink how you respond to others. Not everyone believes what you believe, and not everyone is here to personally stab you for it. People are here to discuss reasonably what they think and what they feel. It's not always going to be about you. Think about that for a moment, if you're a Christian you will think before you accuse falsely.

People have evolved since the Neanderthal era as well, we can't expect Neanderthals to dress and behave like we do can we. No more than we can expect people from 2000 bc to. Humanity changes, People change. And I can say as sure as the sky is blue, that what we wear doesn't matter to whatever god, or gods or aliens or whomever.

You're spreading fear through your belief, shunning Women of your own gender from feeling the freedom to evolve and do as they wish. Or do you think Women should return to being under a Mans thumb, like it was a hundred years ago? And I know a lot of good men who would agree with me that, it all comes down to choice.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

G’night ( make sure to wash your makeup off )

If you're a Christian, you're the reason that I would never want to be one.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I apologize for suspecting that comment was a personal jab, I see now you are relatively new here.

But you are taking it far too seriously, as well as your assumptions that I’m trying to shame women for wearing makeup.

I’m just trying to get some honesty ffs. And as someone who wears it on occasion, I can say with absolute honesty, it has to do with vanity.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I apologize for suspecting that comment was a personal jab, I see now you are relatively new here.

But you are taking it far too seriously, as well as your assumptions that I’m trying to shame women for wearing makeup.

I’m just trying to get some honesty ffs. And as someone who wears it on occasion, I can say with absolute honesty, it has to do with vanity.

Asking me to wash off my makeup before I retire isn't shaming me? I think you need to be honest with yourself and admit when you're wrong.

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join