It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I seeing the same Multi-Color-Flashing "stars" in the same location?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Stars when close to the horizon will appear to flash different colours sometimes to some eyes, as the light passes through the atmosphere. Could it just be that effect?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
education.seattlepi.com...

"If you mark the locations of a set of stars one month, you won't see them in the same location the next. In fact, if you could measure positions precisely, you'd discover that stars appear to change locations each night. Although all other objects in the universe move through space, stellar motion does not account for large shifts in their positions each month."

The reason the stars shift their apparent position one month to the next is that the Earth revolves around the Sun. The night side of the Earth faces a different direction in, say, June than it does in December, because the Earth is on the opposite side of the Sun in June compared to December.

So, for example, we can see the constellation of Orion in he night sky December, but can't see it in June. That's because in June Orion is in daytime sky in the direction of the Sun (on the opposite side of the Sun from Earth), and since it's daylight, it cannot be seen.

As for the flashing star, maybe what you are seeing is a star scintillating (twinkling). Sirius and Arcturus are two stars that I've know to scintillate quite a bit -- flashing colors as they do so. Perhaps that's because those two stars are usually low in the sky from my vantage point in the northeast U.S., and thus they are shining through more atmosphere -- and more atmosphere mean more distortion and dust, which is what causes the twinkling.

edit on 12/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Peeple

I will as "stars" are not supposed to be in the same location from May to December. If they are military [drones] then we have some decent stuff zipping around as they move like a cursor on a PC. I also added another ATS thread as this is what we saw.

Good hunting and thank you.

Those are observers. They think you have some sort of knowledge or someone knows you that knows something.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

All the times I have seen the ISS it shows a fixed light, without any blinking or flashing, like a planet, so I suppose all other satellites behave the same way.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I also read up on "atmospheric" interference and believe in it but what we saw these things do could not be attributed to "atmospheric" interference in any way shape or form. Thanks for the response

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

No, these were way up at 11:00, 10,00, 11:30 assuming that the horizon is 3:00 to 9:00. We saw 7 in May. All flashed but only 4 moved and not all at the same time. I also cant explain as to how one began rotating counterclockwise. That was bizarre. I also have two other global reports of two incidents of a person(s) claiming that they saw the object perform a counterclockwise rotation.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Agree, however these things also zig zagged in the sky at speeds that made them look like they were controlled like a cursor on a PC. Incredible.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I have read that and was responded to via an email that I sent to a particular writer. I began to go down that rabbit hole but stopped as I am not ready to go there yet as yes it gets weird but who knows. What I do know is that if I talk about it among religious people they accept it and begin to go off that "hes" coming and the world will become a better place. Because of that I no longer will talk about it out in public so ATS will have to do as long as the MODS allow me to use their web site. So, I guess that since I referred to as a "Commander" , that freaked me out. Before I again go down that hole I need to confirm by myself as to what I saw. Then "we" have to ascertain as to whether its good or evil. if what I saw can be explained as man made; case closed.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

At first we thought the white thing was ISIS so we got the binoculars. But these things moved in a direction opposite of ISIS. I also went to a NASA web site or another that shows ISIS tracking and location for that time. ISIS was not even in the "neighborhood" on that day or time.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

At first we thought the white thing was ISIS so we got the binoculars. But these things moved in a direction opposite of ISIS. I also went to a NASA web site or another that shows ISIS tracking and location for that time. ISIS was not even in the "neighborhood" on that day or time.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Painterz

No, these were way up at 11:00, 10,00, 11:30 assuming that the horizon is 3:00 to 9:00. We saw 7 in May. All flashed but only 4 moved and not all at the same time. I also cant explain as to how one began rotating counterclockwise. That was bizarre. I also have two other global reports of two incidents of a person(s) claiming that they saw the object perform a counterclockwise rotation.

Blinking lights?

at a perceived distance that you say they look like stars,

How in the hell can anyone tell its rotating let alone what way its rotating?

A dot of light in the sky?

You can tell its rotating, OK.

I would like to hear an explanation as my brain dead mind cannot work at this point in time to think how one could tell a dot of light in the night sky rotating.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

With your eyes only you can see them flash. You can see that colors are in play. That's what I saw in bed at 5:30AM on 06Dec18. Mrs. gets up at 5:30AM to begin to get ready for work. We have several double hung windows in the room. Each has a transom window that does not have a blind or fabric over it. In bed I could see a flashing something in color. I then said to myself awe sheet that f ing thing is back again or is it a refraction of light going through the moisture on the outside of the window on this 39 degree morning. So I grab the binoculars and a winter coat and head out to the 2nd level porch. I saw three of these "stars" flashing in the same location that we saw back in May 2018. Cant be the same "stars" so I wrote this thread and he we are.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Yup sure can dude. And several of us saw this back in May 2018. All of us are University graduates who hold professional positions. ATS knows who I am via my router address but I will remain an ANON OP. I also have website data going back 15+ years of others stating they saws these "stars" rotate. The rotation is always referred to as "counterclockwise"

Please don't blow off my statement. I saw what I saw with two different binoculars. So did several others. It was bizare. Seems that others have also have observed same in the past. Finding that info also freaked me out as I am not one to stand on the street corner to wait for my spaceship to arrive. Also no drugs or boos. Only had pizza that night.

Assume what I have written here is true and help me dig to get to determine what it was and is. A PSYOP ? Possibly but some of these sightings go back into the 1960's so it should rule that out also. Hologram?

edit on 9-12-2018 by Waterglass because: typo and added info

edit on 9-12-2018 by Waterglass because: Added Hologram

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Yup sure can dude. And several of us saw this back in May 2018.

This does what to explaining how you can see a dot of light resembling a star rotate let alone what direction its rotating.

All of us are University graduates who hold professional positions.

This is supposed to mean what exactly?

one would think that with such education and position one would be able explain and instead of answer and explain as you have.

"Yep sure can dude".

funny.

ATS knows who I am via my router address but I will remain an ANON OP.

why are posting random nonsense that has nothing to do with anything being discussed?

Who cares if ATS knows who you are?

They know who I am as well, should I be proud, paranoid, what?

It seems that this is important otherwise why mention it, no body is asking you to say who are, are they?

I also have website data going back 15+ years of others stating they saws these "stars" rotate. The rotation is always referred to as "counterclockwise"

and again how does this explain how one can tell what way a star or something resembling a star is rotating by eye sight alone?

Please don't blow off my statement. I saw what I saw with two different binoculars. So did several others. It was bizare. Seems that others have also have observed same in the past.

How can I?

to do so requires more knowledge so......

I am asking you to explain your statements.

Finding that info also freaked me out as I am not one to stand on the street corner to wait for my spaceship to arrive. Also no drugs or boos. Only had pizza that night.

finding what info?

I asked you a simple question about what you saw and how you describe it rotating.

Assume what I have written here is true and help me dig to get to determine what it was and is. A PSYOP ? Possibly but some of these sightings go back into the 1960's so it should rule that out also. Hologram?

Seriously all this nonsense that I have no interest in and cant see how its relevant and didn't ask about as it means nothing to the discussion at hand because I asked you to explain one thing?

One would think that being so confident about oneself to say when not asked that you are a university graduate and hold a professional job would be able to explain themselves and the things they claim.

Oh well

edit on 9-12-2018 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yup sure can dude. And several of us saw this back in May 2018.

For anyone to be able to notice rotation on any object the object must show some feature that we can see changing its relative position while the object rotates. If we see only one point of light then it's not possible to notice any rotation. Also, if the object appears bigger than just a point of light but has no noticeable features (like metallic sphere, for example) we aren't able to notice any rotation either.

So, if you were able to see it rotating then it means that you were able to see more than just one point of light. Either that or what you perceived as rotation was not really rotation.

All of us are University graduates who hold professional positions.

That's irrelevant.

ATS knows who I am via my router address but I will remain an ANON OP.

No, the only thing any site can know about you is your IP address, only your ISP knows to whom that IP address belongs.

Why do you think these sightings going back into the 1960s rules out psyops? Psyops are much older than that.

As for a hologram, I doubt it, you need light to be able to see a hologram, a hologram doesn't have light of its own.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Blinking lights? at a perceived distance that you say they look like stars, How in the hell can anyone tell its rotating let alone what way its rotating? A dot of light in the sky? You can tell its rotating, OK. I would like to hear an explanation as my brain dead mind cannot work at this point in time to think how one could tell a dot of light in the night sky rotating.

We used Binoculars and saw them flash multiple colors, move and one rotated counterclockwise. It was located at 11:00 in the sky in alignment with Augusta, Georgia USA for about 3 minutes. Several of us saw it with our eyes through Binoculars. The one that rotated counterclockwise back in May was also in the same position as seen by me this week on 06Dec18. It was flashing this week but not rotating nor moving.

edit on 9-12-2018 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Thanks MOD. On whatever we saw the objects appeared to be round. The flashes of five different colors would occur at random in no repetitive sequential order. We could observe that the each flash would generate from a fixed point on the object, would change color and would flash at the same points around the circumference of the object during the sighting. Because of that it to us appeared as a circle. Meaning the object appeared as if it had some geometry to it.

Think of the flashing lights we saw as locations of lights on an airplane or a ship. They are in a fixed location versus a ribbon board on a blimp that can move a point of light in any direction at random within the area of the board and not remain at a fixed point

edit on 9-12-2018 by Waterglass because: added info

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

We used Binoculars and saw them flash multiple colors, move and one rotated counterclockwise.

so how do you tell its rotating?

Let alone counterclockwise?

are we just keep doing this back and forth, me asking and you replying with ....?

If you don't want to answer then either say so or just ignore the post.

You keep replying with things that mean nothing to the question asked.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

On whatever we saw the objects appeared to be round. The flashes of five different colors would occur at random in no repetitive sequential order. We could observe that the each flash would generate from a fixed point on the object, would change color and would flash at the same points around the circumference of the object during the sighting. Because of that it to us appeared as a circle. Meaning the object appeared as if it had some geometry to it.

ahhh, you thank the mod because they tell how to explain but then it changes the description of your point of light, star like.

Thanks for sharing anyway, however not to fond of the smell

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sorry but I am an amateur at this. Let me try to explain the rotation:

The rotation that we observed was like the how earth rotates around the sun. However it was a circular rotation and not elliptical. It was rotating in a circle about 5 times the size based on the light generated of the object as seen with our eyes through binoculars. The object was not rotating on its axis as it remained stationary yet rotated around a fixed location in space

It could have been a Drone, PSYOP or Hologram.

edit on 9-12-2018 by Waterglass because: typo

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join