It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Brexit Bad Brexit What's the difference ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Europe

Oh, I am from Europe too. Probably lots of people on this discussion are. Apparently you are from Germany? I lived there for six years.

Germany has done very well out of the EU, some would say you have got what you wanted, but were denied twice in the last century when jackboots were all the rage. An EU run by Germany, the absolute beneficiary of the Euro and the single market, that has been especially helpful for manufacturing. I am sure the UK and Germany will remain good friends, except we all know that the sovereign state of Germany will become increasing irrelevant as a federal European Union becomes embedded.

Good luck. It's a pity that democracy will not feature in the progression towards the EUs federalisation.
edit on 7/12/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/12/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

a reply to: and14263

Nationalising the railway only makes sense if it implies the customers can use it for free. Make the net national not the whole thing and nobody would be against it.

What on Earth are you typing?

1) You ignored my references to Eu misdemeanors to other members.
2) A free rail system??? You claim yo know so much about our country yet you clearly have no idea. Corbyn and Burnahm want to nationalise the rail system and under the Regulation IT IS ILLEGAL.

Whether nationailising is right or wrong the Regulation imposed by EU is undemocratic to Labour voters!

Tell you what, stick to the politics of whatever country you live in because you're making your argument look super weak and making remainers look super weak.

It isn't illegal to nationalize railways under EU law. Most EU members have a nationalised railways system. EU law just prevents a national railway monopoly.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

No sure it's better to let the people vote for suicide like you guys did. Not. People are stupid.

They thought we where voting for suicide when we stood up against Nazi Germany alone.

How did that one work out?

Why do you people always bring up Hitler? That was a long time ago and it just makes you look like you ran out of arguments.
What did you personally do to stop Hitler? Nothing. What did I do that makes you think I'd have supported Hitler? I'm also Jewish btw... bash on that

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

With accepting the Euro personal wealth of Germans has been cut into less than half of what it was. Nobody sacrificed more for the austerity in Europe than Germany.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Nationalising the railway only makes sense if it implies the customers can use it for free. Make the net national not the whole thing and nobody would be against it.

2) A free rail system??? You claim yo know so much about our country yet you clearly have no idea. Corbyn and Burnahm want to nationalise the rail system and under the Regulation IT IS ILLEGAL.

Whether nationailising is right or wrong the Regulation imposed by EU is undemocratic to Labour voters!

Tell you what, stick to the politics of whatever country you live in because you're making your argument look super weak and making remainers look super weak.

It isn't illegal to nationalize railways under EU law. Most EU members have a nationalised railways system. EU law just prevents a national railway monopoly.

And how is a nationalised railway without a monopoly going to work in the UK?
Not very well as we have seen over the past few years.
Same with the post office, EU rules on opening it up have all but destroyed the business model

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Don't be so emotional and petty, I love England that's why I'm trying to seriously discuss the topic. A bit too Passionate maybe but not condescending.
Come on you can do better than that.
And it remains a fact that it's economy not EU that dictates many times the way to go and often against the will of the population
edit on 7-12-2018 by Peeple because: numbers and letters

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: ScepticScot

And how is a nationalised railway without a monopoly going to work in the UK?
Not very well as we have seen over the past few years.
Same with the post office, EU rules on opening it up have all but destroyed the business model

Same wa most of Europe does I suppose.

The old post office model has largely failed because it was a fairly terrible model that relied on state aid and monopoly conditions to survive.

Much like the old British Rail. Everyone moaned constantly about it until it was no longer there then it became romanticized despite all it's major faults.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

You sound like a tory.

The post office used to actually make money until they were forced to give away all the most lucrative parts of their business to private companies.

Thise parts used to subsidise the other bits but now we are entering a phase where you might not have daily collections in some rural areas nor daily deliveries and the terms and conditions for workers are being attacked at every turn.

Yeah, the eu is great.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

It's not personal. You committed yourself to a contract when you joined.

NOT a contract ..... a life sentence

Contracts, Partnerships, Marriages, Tenancies can all be severed/dissolved.

We've had ENOUGH...... we are leaving.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

No sure it's better to let the people vote for suicide like you guys did. Not. People are stupid.

They thought we where voting for suicide when we stood up against Nazi Germany alone.

How did that one work out?

Why do you people always bring up Hitler? That was a long time ago and it just makes you look like you ran out of arguments.
What did you personally do to stop Hitler? Nothing. What did I do that makes you think I'd have supported Hitler? I'm also Jewish btw... bash on that

You missed the point entirely.

Because The U.K. decides to " Stand alone " doesn't mean we are making a mistake.

Britain doesn't kneel to anyone.

link   

Technically not illegal but impossible to achieve.

It's a legal nightmare, financial constraints, a monopoly constraint.

It's all in here in black and white

Under Article 106, the EU prohibits public monopolies exercising exclusive rights where this violates EU competition rules. The EU’s Court of Justice has interpreted Article 106 as giving private companies the right to argue before the national courts that services should continue to be open to private-sector competition.

link   
a reply to: Peeple

With accepting the Euro personal wealth of Germans has been cut into less than half of what it was.

Wasn't that the cost of re-unification?

Were we expected to help pay for the cost of that as well?

Nobody sacrificed more for the austerity in Europe than Germany.

Austerity is the pursuit of a political ideology and not an economic necessity....at least that's the case in the UK.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yes you do. You're getting out and force everyone around you to watch how you shoot yourself in the face while you do...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Don't be so emotional and petty, I love England that's why I'm trying to seriously discuss the topic. A bit too Passionate maybe but not condescending.
Come on you can do better than that.
And it remains a fact that it's economy not EU that dictates many times the way to go and often against the will of the population

Petty?

wouldn't teach you a lesson

It's a typical English fault, you think you're bigger, funnier, smarter and more important than you really are. By far. And I mean far. Like a lot too far. An insanely huge lot too far. Like crazy huge. Unfathomably crazy huge lot by far the farest too far.

With your tiny island

'm so sick and tired of you Brits crying
Shut up and just leave already.

because that's what you want even if you don't understand that.

That was just page one, I didn't even get to the bit where you told us we were too stupid to vote.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

No it was the Euro. The reunification cost me 25€ per month in solidarity tax. With the Euro every D-Mark was cut in half and then the prices went up.
I mean the redistribution of wealth not austerity maybe? Sorry if that was my mistake

edit on 7-12-2018 by Peeple because: Big finger small keyes

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

You sound like a tory.

The post office used to actually make money until they were forced to give away all the most lucrative parts of their business to private companies.

Thise parts used to subsidise the other bits but now we are entering a phase where you might not have daily collections in some rural areas nor daily deliveries and the terms and conditions for workers are being attacked at every turn.

Yeah, the eu is great.

Not at all.

But the Post Office only worked because of monopoly conditions it operated in. Pretending otherwise is dishonest.

You can make the argument (possibly a good one) that there was a lot of social benefits to having a local post office on.every wee village but that's a social.argument not an economic one.

Leaving the EU doesn't free us from the economic realities that much of our standard of living is based round free trade agreements with the EU and the rest of the world.

If we want a free trade agreement directly with the US for example the conditions on state assistance will almost certainly be far stricter than what we have with the EU.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

But you are. Not you personally but the average Joe doesn't have the oversight and all the implications in mind they vote based on feelings

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Technically not illegal but impossible to achieve.

It's a legal nightmare, financial constraints, a monopoly constraint.

It's all in here in black and white

Under Article 106, the EU prohibits public monopolies exercising exclusive rights where this violates EU competition rules. The EU’s Court of Justice has interpreted Article 106 as giving private companies the right to argue before the national courts that services should continue to be open to private-sector competition.

Most of Europe has a state run railway and there have been several businesses nationalised recently. The majority of application for state aid exceptions are approved.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

That's the trouble though.
Simple economics takes zero account of human needs.

The EU is about economics, not people.

As you can see from the devastating impact of their monopoly rules, this article 13 debacle and many other ill thought out laws and codes imposed upon us by people we simply aren't allowed to vote for.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I do not believe any are 100% nationalised and I would be surprised if any were nationalised since 2012.

Even more so 2016 after introduction of 2016 4th package.
edit on 7-12-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join