It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying about his work on Trump Tower in Moscow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Michael Cohen admitted to lying to Congress about his involvement in an attempt to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

Appearing in a navy suit and white shirt, Cohen told the court that he lied when he told the Senate that work on a Moscow Trump Tower deal stopped in early 2016. In fact, discussion for the Trump Moscow project continued until 2017, he said, and named the president in open court.

t's unclear if work on the project continued on after the president was inaugurated.

Cohen, 52, also said he made false statements related to conversations with people within the Trump Organization and people from Russia about it.

The false statements were made in closed-door testimony last year about his contacts with Russians during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying about Trump Tower project in Moscow

This directly contradicts statements made by Donald Trump that he did not have any business dealings within Russia. According to this new guilty plea the Trump organization was working with Russia throughout the campaign and even into 2017 on building a Trump Tower in Moscow.

During the campaign Trump famously stated:

“What do I have to do with Russia? You know the closest I came to Russia, I bought a house a number of years ago in Palm Beach, Florida. Palm Beach is a very expensive place. There was a man who went bankrupt and I bought the house for $40 million and I sold it to a Russian for $100 million including brokerage commissions. So I sold it. So I bought it for 40, I sold it for 100 to a Russian. That was a number of years ago. I guess probably I sell condos to Russians, okay?”

Trump� �s claim that ‘I have nothing to do with Russia’

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
definitely, not surprised at all.

his supporters won't care.

America first my ass!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just because Trump lied about Russia dealings, made his subordinates lie about it, has spent the better part of 2 years obfuscating it as much as possible, doesn't mean that Russia had or has anything to do with Donald Trump. I mean, how do we know he's not lying about lying?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal
Well, now we know what his testimony and statements are worth...easy to discredit him, from here on out...anything he says, will be worthless.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Trump just spoke to reporters and when asked about this, he changed his tune, majorly. Now he says:

'Just because I am running for president doesn't mean I stop running my business.'

That is not an exact quote because I only have the live news for my source but I will update this as soon as I do. I don't see how anyone still trusts this guy.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Is there any proof of this? Or just Cohen saying so?
Plus, how would a business deal to build a building in another country be considered collusion with a foreign government?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Simon_Boudreaux

Cohen is now a proven liar.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You know that Trump is the only source of truth, don't you?

We are to follow orders to wait on the tweet from Trump to set the record stright. Believe me. Even though Cohen was his lawyer he is a two-bit hack that Trump only hired because he is the best because that is the only kind of person that stable geniuses hire.

/scarc

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

He had an interest in building a Trump Tower in Moscow, but it never happened. The condo sale is the only deal that involved Russia that actually happened. How is this a lie on Trump's part?

This is Cohen trying to save his ass. Either he's lying now, or he was lying then, but he has now admitted to lying. Mueller, for his part, is trying to salvage his precious Russian Collusion theory. In case you hadn't heard: Manafort, Corsi, and Stone have all told Mueller to take his plea deals shove them up his ass. Corsi has directly accused Mueller of trying to force him to make false accusations against Trump.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

And Trumps pathetic ass is already on Twitter calling him weak. Definitely the rants and ravings of an innocent man...dot.

I can’t for this to all end and Trump thrown in prison. It’s all I want for Xmas.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This serves notice to Loretta Lynch and James Comey. They had better be 100% Truthful when being interrogated by Congress next week.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

WOW!!!
Trump wanted to build a tower in Russia?....Oh the horror the deranged Leftists must be going through!!
Maybe you guys will stop drinking Pepsi, stop flying on commercial airlines that use Boeing airplanes, stop eating at McDonald’s or boycott all the other American companies that do business in Russia?
www.forbes.com...

Don’t you clowns ever get tired of crying wolf when it comes to Trump?
Leftism is the new McCarthyism.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Simon_Boudreaux

the fact he lied about it upteen times doesn't bode well. lol

i can't help picturing trumpster coming out of that helsinki meeting looking beat up.

edit on 29-11-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Or the opposite.. Depends on how corrupt things really are.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Already posted.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So let's put this into perspective: a Man admitted to lying about Trump in testimony......... is now offering more testimony...... that will be 100% true. Call me crazy, but I don't think that makes a whole lot of sense.

Also, the primary issue being lies about dealings regarding building a Tower in Russia? Come on, this is a stretch of the imagination if I've ever seen one - last feeble attempts to salvage a conspiratorial narrative that has been beaten for over 2 years and ironically has shown nothing but collusion between the Democratic party/DNC and Russia lol

Don't get me wrong, I think like Grambler - If you're guilty, you need to go away, however, this is just absurd at this point.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
definitely, not surprised at all.

his supporters won't care.

America first my ass!

Yeah but you guys rage for days over tear gassing illegal immigrants, when Obama did it at least once a month without a single shred of outrage from the same people!

Also, this is anti-American how?
edit on 29-11-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You want him in prison for what exactly?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Can you show a single person in DC that doesn't lie? We know for damned sure Cohen did, but now we're to believe him?

I could care less what business deals Trump or anyone else has or is involved with in other countries, as long as it isn't detrimental to our nation.

Over 2 years and $30 million spent on claims of collusion. Show us some proof for all that time and money. Mueller needs to poop or get off the pot already.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton
You want him in prison for what exactly?

Because when he won, he made the deranged Leftists cry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join