It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen Pleads Guilty to Charge in Mueller Inquiry Related to Russia Business Deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

At the court hearing, Mr. Cohen admitted to making false statements to Congress about his efforts to pursue a Trump Tower deal in Moscow during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Michael Cohen Pleads Guilty to Charge in Mueller Inquiry Related to Russia Business Deal

I wonder if this is why Trump has been attacking the Mueller investigation so heavily recently?

Relative to a payment to Karen McDougal:

“I participated in this conduct, which on my part took place in Manhattan, for the principal purpose of influencing the election,” Mr. Cohen said in court in August when he entered his plea.

While I an open opponent of Trump, I do think this investigation is dragging on. Now I am more interested again. Not saying this leads to impeachment or that other politicians don't have people exactly like Cohen. However, having your old protector admit even more lies, these lies specifically told to the Senate Intelligence Committee, instead a good revelation.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: headorheart
Well then, that discredits him, as a witness against anyone or anything, from now on and any testimony he ever gives again...will get the salt shaker.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

this investigation is an elaborate farce paid for by Netflix and Hollywood and the news media so they have a really good plot for an exclusive Netflix movie, a documentary, and a spin off series, and a series of books published by MSM outlets/anchors/hosts on all sides outlining how it all "really" went down. ...

I'm sick of hearing about this
edit on 29-11-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
America first my ass!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Another victim of the fishing expedition, pleading guilty to lying, and not anything to do with what they were tasked with investigating.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Another victim of the fishing expedition, pleading guilty to lying, and not anything to do with what they were tasked with investigating.

Lol. Plead guilty to lying about Russian collusion into the 2018 election (you know, the thing the investigation was tasked with looking into). Sometimes I feel like people think if they deliberately remove the part of their brains responsible for logic that logic just ceases to exist.
edit on 48am18famThu, 29 Nov 2018 09:33:26 -0600America/ChicagoThu, 29 Nov 2018 09:33:26 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Trump just spoke to reporters and when asked about this, he changed his tune, majorly. Now he says:

'Just because I am running for president doesn't mean I stop running my business.'

That is not an exact quote because I only have the live news for my source but I will update this as soon as I do. I don't see how anyone still trusts this guy.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Lol. Plead guilty to lying about Russian collusion into the 2018 election (you know, the thing the investigation was tasked with looking into). Sometimes I feel like people think if they deliberately remove the part of their brains responsible for logic that logic just ceases to exist.

He downplayed a deal he was working on in Moscow, a deal that was never made.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Out of everything so far, I would argue this is pretty close to what they are supposed to be investigating. The investigation was supposed to be into Russia collusion. The Trump Tower(s), for several reasons, has been a center point of that argument. This is Cohen admitting to lying about efforts to pursue that meeting.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
how many times did he screech he didn't do any business with Russia??

it's going to fun seeing him try to backpedal. what a #ucking clown.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
Trump just spoke to reporters and when asked about this, he changed his tune, majorly. Now he says:

'Just because I am running for president doesn't mean I stop running my business.'

That is not an exact quote because I only have the live news for my source but I will update this as soon as I do. I don't see how anyone still trusts this guy.

That’s right. You stop running your business once you win the presidency. To do otherwise is insane.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This is directly related to the Russia investigation. It shows that Donald Trump was lying when he stated he had no business in Russia. How in the world is that not related to the Russia investigation?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

That’s right. You stop running your business once you win the presidency. To do otherwise is insane.

I suppose you forgot that Trump's stance on Russia was that he had no dealings with Russia at all other than selling condos.

“What do I have to do with Russia? You know the closest I came to Russia, I bought a house a number of years ago in Palm Beach, Florida. Palm Beach is a very expensive place. There was a man who went bankrupt and I bought the house for $40 million and I sold it to a Russian for $100 million including brokerage commissions. So I sold it. So I bought it for 40, I sold it for 100 to a Russian. That was a number of years ago. I guess probably I sell condos to Russians, okay?”

He keeps changing his story.
edit on 29-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

It shows that Donald Trump was lying when he stated he had no business in Russia.

Lying to who? Jim acosta?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

Out of everything so far, I would argue this is pretty close to what they are supposed to be investigating. The investigation was supposed to be into Russia collusion. The Trump Tower(s), for several reasons, has been a center point of that argument. This is Cohen admitting to lying about efforts to pursue that meeting.

This is Cohen accepting a plea deal to save his own skin. This is about lying in an interview, not about Russian collusion.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: BlackJackal

It shows that Donald Trump was lying when he stated he had no business in Russia.

Lying to who? Jim acosta?

Dollars to Doughnuts he submitted it as an answer in writing to Mueller the other month.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

This is directly related to the Russia investigation. It shows that Donald Trump was lying when he stated he had no business in Russia. How in the world is that not related to the Russia investigation?

When did Trump ever say that? It's been known for over a year (at least) that he had an interest in building a hotel in Moscow, but it never happened.

link   

originally posted by: headorheart

This is Cohen accepting a plea deal to save his own skin. This is about lying in an interview, not about Russian collusion.

Why would Russia also lie about the meeting if it wasn't about collusion?

link   

I suppose you forgot that Trump's stance on Russia was that he had no dealings with Russia at all other than selling condos.

“What do I have to do with Russia? You know the closest I came to Russia, I bought a house a number of years ago in Palm Beach, Florida. Palm Beach is a very expensive place. There was a man who went bankrupt and I bought the house for $40 million and I sold it to a Russian for $100 million including brokerage commissions. So I sold it. So I bought it for 40, I sold it for 100 to a Russian. That was a number of years ago. I guess probably I sell condos to Russians, okay?”

He keeps changing his story.

He still doesn’t. You mistake negotiations with a deal.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
They caught a lawyer lying and made a plea deal with him to admit to lying.

Headline attention grabber, but looking deeper it doesn't change anything.

But hey, have fun with it while you can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join