It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen Pleads Guilty to Charge in Mueller Inquiry Related to Russia Business Deal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
When will you learn? No matter what Trump does, the cult 45 on ATS will deflect, rinse and repeat.
Trump could give Alaska to Russia tomorrow and these extremists would defend him.

What did Trump do ?
Perhaps you could explain it so the extremists know what you're on about?
edit on 29/11/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Another victim of the fishing expedition, pleading guilty to lying, and not anything to do with what they were tasked with investigating.

Lol. Plead guilty to lying about Russian collusion into the 2018 election (you know, the thing the investigation was tasked with looking into). Sometimes I feel like people think if they deliberately remove the part of their brains responsible for logic that logic just ceases to exist.

Is this Russian collusion to alter the outcome of the election, or is this a real estate deal that actually never went through.

The only thing left in your brain is simple word association.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
how many times did he screech he didn't do any business with Russia??

it's going to fun seeing him try to backpedal. what a #ucking clown.

Wanna show me the finalized deal for a Trump Tower in Moscow?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Skipping to the end and reading the comments, the mental gymnastics it astounding.

"Hur dur, he tried to make a deal about a hotel which is collusion!"

"The deal didn't happen."

"He lied about having interests in Russia. He failed to make a deal, still collusion! , therefore collusion!"

"That's not how that works. . ."

"Doesn't matter had collusion."

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: network dude

Another victim of the fishing expedition, pleading guilty to lying, and not anything to do with what they were tasked with investigating.

Lol. Plead guilty to lying about Russian collusion into the 2018 election (you know, the thing the investigation was tasked with looking into). Sometimes I feel like people think if they deliberately remove the part of their brains responsible for logic that logic just ceases to exist.

He downplayed a deal he was working on in Moscow, a deal that was never made.

The result of his business deal isn't the issue. He colluded with the Russians and then he flat out lied (not to mention the illegally trying to influence the outcome of the 2016 elections (which was part of the charge).

I don't understand, he colluded with the Russians about a property he wasn't able to build? Could you please explain what he colluded with Russia about.

The business deal (another failed one from the 'master of the deal') is not the point.

Trump lied.

No, Trump did not lie. He was interested in a deal, but no deal ever emerged. Therefore, he had no business dealings with Russia.

In an interview, Rudy Guiliani thinks Mueller was hoping to catch Trump in a perjury trap (which seems to be the only weapon Mueller has in his arsenal), but they did not provide a timeline of the discussions on the project specifically to avoid such a trap. See here:

Special Counsel Used Cohen To Try To Catch Trump In A "Perjury Trap," Giuliani Says

Documents recovered in a FISA raid on Cohen's office support the Steele report which states that Cohen, on behalf of the Trump Organization, went to Prague in late August - Early September 2016 and met with the Russians (Oleg Soloduhkhin and two others operating under cover of a Russian NGO, Rossotrudnichestvo). At a meeting/s they discussed ways to make deniable cash payments to hackers who were to penetrate the computer systems used by the Hillary campaign how to cover their tracks so that there could be no 'blowback'.

Subsequent to those recovered documents, Cohen has confessed and is working with Mueller on his investigation. This does not directly implicate Trump himself but does support the investigation as having a valid purpose.

If that is true, then yes, Trump would have lied, and needs to be removed. But until that's a fact, and not just some additional part of the pee, pee, papers, it's a bit early to fire up the torches.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

He downplayed a deal he was working on in Moscow, a deal that was never made.

The result of his business deal isn't the issue. He colluded with the Russians and then he flat out lied (not to mention the illegally trying to influence the outcome of the 2016 elections (which was part of the charge).

I don't understand, he colluded with the Russians about a property he wasn't able to build? Could you please explain what he colluded with Russia about.

The business deal (another failed one from the 'master of the deal') is not the point.

Trump lied.

No, Trump did not lie. He was interested in a deal, but no deal ever emerged. Therefore, he had no business dealings with Russia.

In an interview, Rudy Guiliani thinks Mueller was hoping to catch Trump in a perjury trap (which seems to be the only weapon Mueller has in his arsenal), but they did not provide a timeline of the discussions on the project specifically to avoid such a trap. See here:

Special Counsel Used Cohen To Try To Catch Trump In A "Perjury Trap," Giuliani Says

Documents recovered in a FISA raid on Cohen's office support the Steele report which states that Cohen, on behalf of the Trump Organization, went to Prague in late August - Early September 2016 and met with the Russians (Oleg Soloduhkhin and two others operating under cover of a Russian NGO, Rossotrudnichestvo). At a meeting/s they discussed ways to make deniable cash payments to hackers who were to penetrate the computer systems used by the Hillary campaign how to cover their tracks so that there could be no 'blowback'.

Subsequent to those recovered documents, Cohen has confessed and is working with Mueller on his investigation. This does not directly implicate Trump himself but does support the investigation as having a valid purpose.

If that is true, then yes, Trump would have lied, and needs to be removed. But until that's a fact, and not just some additional part of the pee, pee, papers, it's a bit early to fire up the torches.

Comey, McCabe & Mueller have been fired or threatened, arguably due to them investigating the the allegations.

But no-one is removing Trump at this moment. They cannot, really, until there is unequivocal evidence. Trump, however, seems to have been granted the power to pervert the course of justice (either unwittingly or intentionally).

edit on 29/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Strange Day for President Trump:

-Trump's Former Personal Attorney and VP and Legal Counsel of the Trump Organization pleaded guilty to lying to congress and the FBI with regards to the Trump Organizations dealings with Russia and agreed to cooperate with the Special Counsel's office.

-The Trump organization's largest financial backer, Deutsche Bank, was raided today by German authorities over Money Laundering allegations associated with Russian Oligarchs. They have lent the Trump organization over 1 billion dollars.

-Ed Burke, a well known Tax Attorney who represented the Trump organization fro 2006 to May 2018 had his offices raided by the FBI today for undisclosed reasons.

Perhaps unrelated, but certainly an unusual day.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

I wonder if this is a Story Nobody gives a Rats Ahass about ?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Tell me if I’m wrong...

Is it a fact that every time Trump goes overseas one of his old henchmen gets indicted or confesses or something as such?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Any thing his says against potus would be not admissible because of attorney client privilege a first year law student could tell you that. Plus he admitted to lying under oath and others have come forward and said Mueller team told them to lie under oath so yes whole thing needs to be closed down and Mueller team needs to be brought on charves

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Now, you all can argue and scream to the sky that this meeting wasn’t applicable, but the fact of the matter is that this law is so broad it can easily be applied to this.

So, you or anyone else that disagrees, please show me the relevant case law that proves I’m wrong. Because without that, all you have is an opinion, and that doesn’t really mean anything in a court of law.

Did money ever exchange hands?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

Any thing his says against potus would be not admissible because of attorney client privilege a first year law student could tell you that.

Attorney Client Privilege is negated by the Crime-Fraud Exception in any scenario where Cohen's testimony might be useful to the investigation.

Any communications about intent to commit, process of, or covering up a crime or fraud is not covered under Attorney Client Privilege.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

-Ed Burke, a well known Tax Attorney who represented the Trump organization fro 2006 to May 2018 had his offices raided by the FBI today for undisclosed reasons.

This isn't related to Trump. They raided Burke's city hall office and not his law office. He's the Chairman of Chicago's City Council Finance Committee. It looks like the Feds have harassed him several times over the decades.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

-Trump's Former Personal Attorney and VP and Legal Counsel of the Trump Organization pleaded guilty to lying to congress and the FBI with regards to the Trump Organizations dealings with Russia and agreed to cooperate with the Special Counsel's office.

It looks like Michael Cohen screwed himself on this one. He told Congress that the Moscow Tower negotiations ended in January 2016 while Donald Trump Jr.'s testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee in September 2017 says that the negotiations fell dormant in June 2016.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Is this Russian collusion to alter the outcome of the election, or is this a real estate deal that actually never went through.

Russia collusion? As in what did they do during the election pay for a few facebook ads and some twitter trolls?

Hillary had the entire MSM, and even the global MSM behind her. Plenty of interests from other countries, from middle east to the vatican colluding with her. Hear even UK spies on Trump campaign provided external collusion. And it wouldn't surprise me if Russia played both sides, and also campaigned for Hillary too.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Weird how Cohen gets prison for lying to congress while, comey clapper, and Brennan walk free. I wonder why that is. Could it be the two tiered justice system yet again? If you're part of the swamp the rules don't apply, if you're not, we have enough rules to get you for something.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

Any thing his says against potus would be not admissible because of attorney client privilege a first year law student could tell you that. Plus he admitted to lying under oath and others have come forward and said Mueller team told them to lie under oath so yes whole thing needs to be closed down and Mueller team needs to be brought on charves

I take it you didn't go to law school (as your example above is less educative than what i'd expect even from a first year law student). Mueller's team has already laid out how attorney-client privilege in this case is no longer valid. Thankfully jurisprudence follows a set of rules rather than your wishful thinking.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Donald Trump Jr.'s testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee in September 2017 says that the negotiations fell dormant in June 2016.

I searched Donald Jr.s testimony for what you claim he said and I can not find it.

Can you provide me with a page or direct quote?

Donald Trump Jr.'s full testimony to the SJC can be found here in searchable format:
www.documentcloud.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Every time you try a silly underhanded insult it just makes you look stupid (and you have made plenty of good and worthwhile posts even in an argumentative fashion so I know you're capable of better).

Despite your 'himming and hawwing' that it's not germane, it is in fact well within Mueller's purview. That's why your sitting here on ATS in the lunatic fringe caterwauling over the unfairness or the illegality of it while the rest of the legal community supports it.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Skipping to the end and reading the comments, the mental gymnastics it astounding.

"Hur dur, he tried to make a deal about a hotel which is collusion!"

"The deal didn't happen."

"He lied about having interests in Russia. He failed to make a deal, still collusion! , therefore collusion!"

"That's not how that works. . ."

"Doesn't matter had collusion."

At this point it is all they have.
Process crimes and pretend indictments of russian citizens that mueller wont even honor the legal system with the discovery process for.
The process has been garbage since the first bag man was sent packing and leaked info to the nyt.
What do you expect from garbage people?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join