It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen Pleads Guilty to Charge in Mueller Inquiry Related to Russia Business Deal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

If you actually bothered to read the article, you would see that he was representing clients who were doing business with the city of Chicago, while he was a city alderman. That's is a huge conflict of interests, and its likely the raid is due to some kind of graft or pay-to-play scheme.

I did which is why I posted this:

yeah has to be trump related,right?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Xtrozero

trump junior response to meeting - “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

The meeting loretta lynch gave a special visa for that russian lady to attend?
That meeting?
The one fusion gps help set up?
That meeting?
The one that was a horrible set up?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

no, try to keep up, the meeting about "adoptions" at trump tower. which really wasn't about adoptions but rather russian dirt on hillary.

the one trump has denied knowing anything about, which i'm sure his supporters beleive 100% cuz he never lies.

the meeting in which little donnie junior made a phone call to a blocked number.

it's all so damn funny. he makes you all look foolish, why that doesn't bother you is beyond me, but he does.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

trump junior response to meeting - “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

And so? He was given false information that there was dirt on Hillary... He went to a meeting setup by intermediaries saying this person had the dirt. They meet and the person he met seems to not have a clue as to any dirt and was there for a different reason...the meeting ends quickly with both parties walking away in a WTF situation...

Digging for dirt on Hillary is not illegal, they all do it, at all levels... Going directly to Russia asking for dirt is illegal, so are you saying that Trump directly contacted Russia for dirt?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

no, try to keep up, the meeting about "adoptions" at trump tower. which really wasn't about adoptions but rather russian dirt on hillary.

the one trump has denied knowing anything about, which i'm sure his supporters beleive 100% cuz he never lies.

the meeting in which little donnie junior made a phone call to a blocked number.

it's all so damn funny. he makes you all look foolish, why that doesn't bother you is beyond me, but he does.

yeah "that" meeting
thehill.com...

The Moscow lawyer had been turned down for a visa to enter the U.S. lawfully but then was granted special immigration parole by then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch for the limited purpose of helping a company owned by Russian businessman Denis Katsyv, her client, defend itself against a Justice Department asset forfeiture case in federal court in New York City.

You should try to keep up

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The meeting loretta lynch gave a special visa for that russian lady to attend?
That meeting?
The one fusion gps help set up?
That meeting?
The one that was a horrible set up?

We still do not know the full list of those involved. I said from day one it all looked like a setup as both meeting parties were given different information of what the meeting was all about.

This has the whole Dossier type stink all over it, IMHO

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

this meeting seems to have really upset you. Perhaps you could share with us all what part of the meeting makes you the most angry/scared? Is it the opposition research that was attempted, but not accomplished, or was it the fact that a "Russian" was present? not liking someone for the nationality is racist. you aren't a "racist" are you? What if the meeting itself was a setup, like an insurance policy? would that change your mind on how evil Trump is for his son taking a meeting where dirt on his father's political opponent was offered?

Trump has done some strange things and said things I didn't like, but as hard as I try, I just can't find a way to be angry about this one, perhaps I just am not smart enough to understand it. I am deplorable, so that's entirely possible.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

We still do not know the full list of those involved.

We do know they left an immigration paper trail.
So either they were incompetent or arrogant(they thought she would win and it would not be an issue).
Either way it is not good, and a government manufactured meeting, as Lynchs (yeah good ole tarmac loretta) approval was needed for the lady to get into the usa.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

We still do not know the full list of those involved.

We do know they left an immigration paper trail.
So either they were incompetent or arrogant(they thought she would win and it would not be an issue).
Either way it is not good, and a government manufactured meeting, as Lynchs (yeah good ole tarmac loretta) approval was needed for the lady to get into the usa.

On that note, Secret Service agents have confirmed that the "spontaneous" tarmac meeting between Lynch and Bill Clinton was in fact arranged in advance. It did not happen by accident, as it was presented to the public.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Fusion GPS set up the Trump Tower meeting.

The whole thing is a sham.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

what a sad and pathetic response.

god damn, y 'all are fun

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen
a reply to: headorheart
Well then, that discredits him, as a witness against anyone or anything, from now on and any testimony he ever gives again...will get the salt shaker.

He confessed because he was under investigation and the prosecutors raided his office and have impounded incriminating evidence.

He is trying to reduce his sentence. He didn't confess out of the blue.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Personally, I think you sound pretty foolish. In case you missed it the other day, here are the definitions for collusion and conspiracy:

As U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich explained in her opinion last week, there are two ways to violate 18 U.S.C. 371. One can either “conspire … to commit any offense against the United States,” which is conspiracy in the traditional sense, or one can conspire “to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose[.]”

For either method of conspiracy, one must have an agreement with another party to carry out the conspiracy, an then at least one party must “do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy.”

lawandcrime.com...

The only people trying to "defraud" us little people are the corrupt government employees and contractors who tried to use an unverifiable dossier (with the help of unreliable Russian sources with state ties) to keep Trump from getting elected. The crime is in the attempt to "defraud", which only Clinton's campaign and a few intelligence agents committed.

edit on 29-11-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Another victim of the fishing expedition, pleading guilty to lying, and not anything to do with what they were tasked with investigating.

Lol. Plead guilty to lying about Russian collusion into the 2018 election (you know, the thing the investigation was tasked with looking into). Sometimes I feel like people think if they deliberately remove the part of their brains responsible for logic that logic just ceases to exist.

He downplayed a deal he was working on in Moscow, a deal that was never made.

The result of his business deal isn't the issue. He colluded with the Russians and then he flat out lied (not to mention the illegally trying to influence the outcome of the 2016 elections (which was part of the charge).

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The result of his business deal isn't the issue. He colluded with the Russians and then he flat out lied (not to mention the illegally trying to influence the outcome of the 2016 elections (which was part of the charge).

Come on, people! The Trump Tower in Moscow had been in negotiations since 2013. So what if negotiations continued until Trump became the "presumptive nominee" for the Republicans? He wasn't even the "official" nominee yet. So many people falling for false narratives. This is just another case of Mueller's got nothing on anyone but supposed "lying" that didn't even amount to anything. There's nothing illegal about continuing business as usual until you know what direction you're headed.

themoscowtimes.com...

Cohen's charge wasn't about paying off people to influence an election either. Cohen was charged for creating a fake invoice stating that it was for election related services, when they were not.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

what a sad and pathetic response.

god damn, y 'all are fun

wow, I'm not sure what that even means. Did you not understand what I wrote, or just not smart enough to respond?
I guess all you have is the manufactured outrage you were told to have, and never bothered to deal with why.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Another victim of the fishing expedition, pleading guilty to lying, and not anything to do with what they were tasked with investigating.

Lol. Plead guilty to lying about Russian collusion into the 2018 election (you know, the thing the investigation was tasked with looking into). Sometimes I feel like people think if they deliberately remove the part of their brains responsible for logic that logic just ceases to exist.

He downplayed a deal he was working on in Moscow, a deal that was never made.

I don't understand, he colluded with the Russians about a property he wasn't able to build? Could you please explain what he colluded with Russia about.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

And so? He was given false information that there was dirt on Hillary... He went to a meeting setup by intermediaries saying this person had the dirt. They meet and the person he met seems to not have a clue as to any dirt and was there for a different reason...the meeting ends quickly with both parties walking away in a WTF situation...

Digging for dirt on Hillary is not illegal, they all do it, at all levels... Going directly to Russia asking for dirt is illegal, so are you saying that Trump directly contacted Russia for dirt?

The meeting was illegal, and here’s the relevant law it broke:

(a) ProhibitionIt shall be unlawful for— (1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make— (A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or (2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

(b) “Foreign national” definedAs used in this section, the term “foreign national” means— (1) a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or (2) an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Now, you all can argue and scream to the sky that this meeting wasn’t applicable, but the fact of the matter is that this law is so broad it can easily be applied to this.

So, you or anyone else that disagrees, please show me the relevant case law that proves I’m wrong. Because without that, all you have is an opinion, and that doesn’t really mean anything in a court of law.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Maybe you should read the first part of that again. Nothing of any "value" exchanged hands and there was no promise or implied promise that anything of any "value" would materialize. That's not even including that the term, "value", hasn't even been defined here.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

It doesn’t matter. To even solicit it is against the law. Maybe you missed that part.

a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join