It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

OOOOOOH. I will give it a listen when I get back Fin. I really missed you! See you and everyone tonight!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Have fun! Don't forget anything!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hello Raine,

today, I feel like I am an empty vase, waiting. I wait for the day when some kind person will add water to the vase that is me, then put in beautiful flowers from the garden and the fields, bringing light and color and scent and warmth back into our home.

I am the vase, my wife Dada is the water and the flowers. Without her, I feel incomplete. Others may look at me and see nothing different, nothing wrong. But like the vase that stands alone and empty, and then is filled with the flowers that give it purpose and value... Then they'll see me truly complete again.

Well, I don't know where that came from. It just entered my mind as I went to reply to you, so I let the words out.

Meanwhile, practically, I'm doing okay. I did my first sitting practices today. Hard chair piled with cushions, then sit slowly and carefully. This morning's attempt lasted two minutes before the pain started and I had to lie down (as my physio had told me I should), but it was good to have those two minutes after 11 days without being able to risk sitting on a chair.

This afternoon I managed a little longer, and this evening nearly 10 minutes. Had to lie down and rest after each attempt, of course. So, it's great progress.

Meanwhile, how are you doing?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

...In the paper yesterday they said that a pub was for sale on one of the Scottish islands. (I think Stornoway.) There are 60 people on the island. Sounded idyllic and something I should be able to manage alone. I can dream...

When should I expect your arrival???
I'll put the kettle on...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Owls are awesome!
Wee Dougie fell in love with a teeny wee Southern... something Owl at a Bird of Prey Sanctuary a while back.
His name was Willow and he was very beautiful... white and blue/grey plumage.
Dougie had his photo taken with him and bought a portrait of the owl at the gift shop.
It was very sweet.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Oh Mike, It's like being on a roller coaster reading your posts!
I can only begin to imagine what it's like for you in person - I know that I couldn't do it.

All I can do is smile with you when it's going well, and cry a tear or two when it's not.

For what it's worth - I think that you're doing an awesome, no... an amazing job!
I have a wee Irish Whiskey here tonight and I am raising a glass to you sir right about.... now!
In about 10 minutes, I shall be raising a glass to our Dada too.

cheers,
G

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

today, I feel like I am an empty vase, waiting. I wait for the day when some kind person will add water to the vase that is me, then put in beautiful flowers from the garden and the fields, bringing light and color and scent and warmth back into our home. I am the vase, my wife Dada is the water and the flowers. Without her, I feel incomplete. Others may look at me and see nothing different, nothing wrong. But like the vase that stands alone and empty, and then is filled with the flowers that give it purpose and value... Then they'll see me truly complete again.

These words are like like the thoughts going through my mind as I've lost the water in my life and am becoming nothingness without her.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Mike, your deep love and devotion to Dada is astounindingly beautiful! It is the kind of love my Parents had and that all couples should have. You are a kind, thoughtful and wonderful friend as well.

I am so very pleased at your progress in healing and each day should get better and better.

I love how poetic your writing is! That kind of writing draws me in like a moth to a flame.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Have fun! Don't forget anything!

I got most of what I needed. Thank you! Just had my pistachio ice cream. OMG! I had that before supper. LOL

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Owls are awesome!
Wee Dougie fell in love with a teeny wee Southern... something Owl at a Bird of Prey Sanctuary a while back.
His name was Willow and he was very beautiful... white and blue/grey plumage.
Dougie had his photo taken with him and bought a portrait of the owl at the gift shop.
It was very sweet.

I am so jealous! I always wanted my pic taken with either an owl or a hawk as we have had those pictures offered around here too. What an amazing memento to have!

This little guy was in our flowering bush/tree on the side of our house maybe a few years ago.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

My heart breaks for you Blue. I can't imagine that kind of pain and sorrow.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'm crashing and burning today as I'm so tired of what is going on.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

[[[hugs]]]

ETA That owl photo is amazing Night! Great shot!
edit on 8/12/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

I'm crashing and burning today as I'm so tired of what is going on.

Our capacity for holding on always amazes me with us humans. I have been open about many things in here, though not everything that I have been through throughout the years. Hun, I can't tell you how many times I thought I just cannot tolerate one more bad thing happening, not one more thing, yet I do and you can too. We can go on and we have more strength than we know we are even capable of. There is much strength in the human will.

There are things that may change you forever, but you can still find that spark of light within and try to build upon it. I realize how tired you are, how difficult and overwhelming things may be my dear friend, but we are here and will take your hand and sit by your side through it all.

HUGS!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thanks! My Niece's Husband took that wonderful photo of the owl.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Mike, that was so beautiful and so heart wrenching. As usual you manage to make me cry and smile within the same post.
It was curious to imagine you always active to long for a good "sit down". "Hey, let's sit down and celebrate"

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
These words are like like the thoughts going through my mind as I've lost the water in my life and am becoming nothingness without her.

Sweetie, I don't have any wise words of advice, just a simple hug and thoughts trailing across the winds. It has been such a long journey for you. Please be brave a little longer, one breath at a time. Hugs in bundles.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
This little guy was in our flowering bush/tree on the side of our house maybe a few years ago.

You are so lucky. That is an Eastern Screech Owl, posing for the camera on your Rhododendron. Even if you didn't have your picture taken with it, and signed
consider your self honored. Those buggers are hard to capture. And it is a Rhododendron. Thanks for the pic, I have been wondering even though I was almost certain from your description.
They are very slow growers so that one would have had decades on its back, an impressive specimen. I am still sorry it was demolished, consider me a "tree hugger".

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hey You. I liked the cat concept thing. It relates to many other aspects.
So when you buy this pub in Scotland, will you need a cook? You will be too busy entertaining, I presume.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Unfortunately, I wasn't there when My Niece and her Husband saw the owl.

Yes, that one is a rhododendron bush/tree, the only one the Landlords didn't chop down. They took down the one in the front of the house as well as Mom's azalea bush/tree that was in front. They were magnificent and were there for many years. Broke my heart to see them go along with some other plants.

Hope you are feeling better Hun. I felt good today though still sneezing and stuffed up. I am of course exhausted as I was up early two days in a row and did a lot of walking around. so sore as well. I might go watch movies in the parlor in a bit and rest.

Great to see you! Oh and...LOVE the avatar!!

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join