It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit Donald Tusk tells European Union to approve deal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
If the Brits are really wanting to leave the E U, why not give up Northern Ireland and not have to worry about a border there.
I would think this one thing would make the negotiations go a lot faster.
Why do they think they should stay there anyway?

That's what some people want, such as Irish republicans, but not the Northern Irish, the significant majority don't want to join the Republic of Ireland. Part of the problem with the EU they don't really like democracy.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Speaking as an OAP therefor from experience I am doing fine.

Begs the question, Why you voted to leave?.

I would put a ban on pensioners from voting on anything. You have nothing left to contribute. Only those who have a future should have the vote. Just another useless mouth to feed at the expense of the worker. In a few years time you'll be lying in your own pish and # sucking the life out of welfare state in nappies, rubber sheets and medication. Dignitas with you all.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The reason the EU is playing hard ball and being so punitive in their negotiations with the UK on the terms of Brexit is because they want to deter any other EU member states from following the UK's lead.

A good learning curve for them, for after their next elections, Merkle is

bowing out, Macron's popularity it waning fast unlikely to do well next

election? Italy and Hungary gearing up!!!

Looking forward to many changes.......

The EU has spoken about trying to make it impossible for individual member states to carry out similar referendums on EU membership without EU permission. As far as I'm aware this is only talk and no real proposals have emerged yet....but I wouldn't discount the possibility in the near future.

And that ^^^^^ is the *temporary* backstop which is supposed

to to let us leave ...... except that the EU has the final say/veto on it.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Because unlike the young I have experienced living in both in and out

of the EU and I know which is best. There are many young people in and

around in my life and the youth are simply not interested on how the

country gets run, they are ripe for indoctrination. Three I know of were

going to vote in the referendum and the following election, but oh!! they

forgot ...... gaming, shopping, and hangover, just as well the oldies vote

otherwise the percentage of voters would be even lower than it is.

When JC came out with doing away with tuition fees all the students were

celebrating around the pubs singing "oh Jeremy Corbyn" etc. Hadn't the

intelligence to figure out HE hadn't figured out the costings.

I would put a ban on pensioners from voting on anything. You have nothing left to contribute. Only those who have a future should have the vote.

I have plenty to contribute ...... and nobody not even you can decide WHO

has a future there are many fine young people who die before their time

who NEVER had the chance of a future.

Just another useless mouth to feed at the expense of the worker.

I exist at nobody elses expense I paid my dues.

In a few years time you'll be lying in your own pish and # sucking the life out of welfare state in nappies, rubber sheets and medication. Dignitas with you all.

What an odious excuse for a man you are

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
OH come on, Most of you would wire your pensions to a Nigerian Prince if you could work out how to return the email.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I would put a ban on pensioners from voting on anything. You have nothing left to contribute.

The older have as much right to vote than the gullible and impressionable young. Besides, while it may irk the intolerant, they bring wisdom and judgement.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

they bring wisdom and judgement

With a strong whiff of cats piss.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Speaking as an OAP therefor from experience I am doing fine.

I would put a ban on pensioners from voting on anything. You have nothing left to contribute. Only those who have a future should have the vote. Just another useless mouth to feed at the expense of the worker. In a few years time you'll be lying in your own pish and # sucking the life out of welfare state in nappies, rubber sheets and medication. Dignitas with you all.

Oh, maybe the eu could put them all in camps and gas them... Funny how the more pro eu someone is, the less they like democracy and the more they want to silence people who aren't full of the right kind of hate. Lol

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: djz3ro

there was no good reason to vote for it, not one.

Really?

Getting back control of our laws?

Not being dictated to by the EU?

Getting back control of our borders?

Stopping having to pay into the EU - after Germany the UK is the biggest cash contributor?

An end to "Qualified majority voting " whereby other EU countries get to tell us what to do?

Getting proper blue passports back?

Getting back proper lightbulbs?

I should have phrased that better. Throughout the whole process, right up to the referendum, nobody on the leave side made any noises that made me think Brexit would work, in fact I got the distinct impression they were gonna do this, make an ar$e of it....

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Typical remainer attitude ....... No vision and can't be bothered every

thing is too strenuous

Typical brexiteer attitude, not reading what I wrote and choosing to put words in my mouth. The politicians leading brexit didn't have a plan in place, there is no way I was voting for brexit when it was a vote for the tories to bumble their way through, trying to get deals in place that benefit them and their fellow entitled few.

If you wanna talk about lazy and things being too strenuous try looking at the reasons EU membership is a different thing to Scotland than it is to England and, more particularly the City of Westminster instead of doing what everyone else does and derides me for the fact that my part of the country has different needs and wants out of all this than most other parts of the UK. The UK is not an equal place.

I also find it very telling that during her speech yesterday after her Brussels trip she Theresa May said she was going to "press Brexit on the people" then realised what she said and said "for the people" she's not in the habit of making mistakes I've noticed...
edit on 26/11/18 by djz3ro because: Adding more and layout...

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Oh, maybe the eu could put them all in camps and gas them... Funny how the more pro eu someone is, the less they like democracy and the more they want to silence people who aren't full of the right kind of hate. Lol

The EU puts them all in the European parliament in Brussels to nap .....

Barnier.....

Juncker....

Tusk.....

Merkle....

A bit like our own House of Lords.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Looks like The Donald once again saw through all the bull and called it like it is.

“Sounds like a great deal for the EU,” the president said. “I think we have to take a look at, seriously, whether or not the UK is allowed to trade. Because, you know, right now, if you look at the deal, they may not be able to trade with us … I don’t think that the prime minister meant that. And, hopefully, she’ll be able to do something about that.”

sauce

For the Yanks, the Guardian is a lefty, pro EU newspaper.

Way it's going, this is looking more and more sticky for the Maybot

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Not to worry, we'll have a strong and stable strawberry jam economy and trade for coconuts with Trinidad and Tobago. Easiest deal ever they said.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

What an odious excuse for a man you are

Say's the Woman who's vote helped stop 60 million people from moving freely in and around 27 countries, stopped us and our children from living in any other country other than this #hole for any length of time, stopped us from being free to love and live with anyone from those countries, free hospital care, free trade with half a billion people. and free to be educated in whatever one of those 27 countries we wished. And where are we, We have a lot worse deal now than we had when we were in ffs.

If I'm Odious, then what the # does that make you.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
stupid is what it makes you
are you really this retarded or just inexperienced?
and odious you certainly are, but i will put that down to your ignorance.
nobody stopped you doing anything.....yet!

edit on 27-11-2018 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

"Typical brexiteer attitude"
in your own words, what does this mean and what do you wish to infer by it?
do you think you understand the power structures within your own country and european countries?
are you aware of the function of a democratic vote?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: username74
stupid is what it makes you
are you really this retarded or just inexperienced?
and odious you certainly are, but i will put that down to your ignorance.
nobody stopped you doing anything.....yet!

Still going for insults when you can't deal with the content of the post. On this Solo is entirely correct, a simple majority vote will remove a right enjoyed by the entire population.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

educate yourself on the origins for your free love open borders delusion.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: username74

educate yourself on the origins for your free love open borders delusion.

www.youtube.com...

'Educate yourself' then post a YouTube video...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

oh you, my stalker.
still got it to prove, eh?
no, solo is not entirely correct.
its just his/her ideas are the same as yours because you have been fed from the same trough.
if you didnt read his posts to elethia as borderline abusive then you lack the same basic social graces.
prove me wrong.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join