It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit Donald Tusk tells European Union to approve deal

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: djz3ro

I've changed my mind....I'm all for a second referendum on this deal.

I think its important that we set a precedence and the people have the final say.

However, I think its equally important that we make it clear; rejection of this deal in no way negates the result of the previous referendum.
We still leave the EU on March 29th 2019 just not under the terms set out in this ridiculous proposal that satisfies no-one except the EU bureaucrats and commissars.

The last thing we need is another referendum. It'll be stacked with multiple flavours of leave and one remain, to rig an overturn.

We've had the vote. The EU has given its best offer which is effectively 'get on your knees bitches or walk if you've the balls'.

We should walk to WTO. Anything else is a travesty.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm amazed at how many people are happy to tell the world how poor they are yet somehow think remaining in the EU will change this.

we are currently in the EU and this is one of the reasons so many of our people are struggling, but you want more of the same?
Crazy.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

ffs.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Aye, it's us moaning Scots that are the problem. LoL

Nothing to do with Westminster, the Tories, and banker scum entrenched around the city of London.

Everything is shipshape and tickety-boo really, us Scottish rebels just like bumping our gums for the crack. LoL

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I don't think the Scots are "moaning", however, the Scottish government can tackle Scottish poverty and has freedom to do so.

Blaming everything on Westminster (i.e. the English) is playing to the populist nationalist narrative, even though the Scottish government has powers and the freedom to act e.g. on Scottish poverty. Best you complain to the Nicola Sturgeon and her ilk for Scotland's woes, rather than the robotic chanting that says everyone else is to blame.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Blaming everything on Westminster (i.e. the English) is playing to the populist nationalist narrative, even though the Scottish government has powers and the freedom to act e.g. on Scottish poverty. Best you complain to the Nicola Sturgeon and her ilk for Scotland's woes, rather than the robotic chanting that says everyone else is to blame.

They actually have less to complain about than the English after all they

dont have to pay tuition fees and get free perscriptions too.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

I don't think the Scots are "moaning", however, the Scottish government can tackle Scottish poverty and has freedom to do so.

The Scottish Government is slightly better than Westminster, see the point about free tuition and subscriptions but they're far from perfect or corruption free.

Now, about these people who you say aren't starving?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheia

Nothing to do with Westminster, the Tories, and banker scum entrenched around the city of London.

Everything is shipshape and tickety-boo really, us Scottish rebels just like bumping our gums for the crack. LoL

Well, you said it, not me.......

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Now, about these people who you say aren't starving?

No one starves in the UK. The politics of hunger and the recording of malnutrition, and the definition of malnutrition, coupled with the politics of austerity, food banks and all that. The UK still has a welfare safety net. The UK still has poverty. Not sure what your point is.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I provided many links to facts and figures of people in the UK who are in fact starving. Grey skinned, malnourished children stuffing food into their pockets and you ignored it and carry on saying nobody is statving.
edit on 28/11/18 by djz3ro because: To add a little

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I provided many links to facts and figures of people in the UK who are in fact starving. Grey skinned, malnourished children stuffing food into their pockets and you ignored it and carry on saying nobody is statving.

I have a couple of relations who are teachers in primary schools, and as

such are tasked to report anything of this ilk or suspicions of abuse etc,

so NO I dont believe that grey skinned malnourished children would slip through

that safety net.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

There's plenty reported over and above the links you provided. However, hunger is not starving, and if a child is genuinely malnourished then there may be other things going on, such as parental neglect. I am not saying that some people find the amount they get as a safety net difficult to work with, and, nor am I unsympathetic to people who have real financial problems.
edit on 28/11/2018 by paraphi because: just ti make it clearer!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

With immediate effect we should do what May should have done the minute she took over from that spineless, amoral piece of crap Cameron.

We need to get the best political minds together, regardless of political affiliation and previous viewpoint of EU membership, along with some apolitical senior Civil Servants - if there are any - a small handful of successful business people and innovative entrepreneurs and even possibly a couple of political activists.
Give them relatively carte blanche to come up with a positive and realistic 'vision' of a post-Brexit UK and a negotiating strategy along with contingency plans and possible compromises etc.

From that group a negotiating team is agreed who will then be responsible for all negotiations with the EU.
If negotiations go past 29th of March 2019 then so be it, we leave on a No Deal basis....if the EU want to continue discussions etc after that in the hope that some mutually beneficial agreement is reached then great....if not we go it alone.
This country has faced greater hardships and always come through....we will do so again if necessary.

As for moving away from the UK; been all over Europe, some lovely places and great people.....but there's no place I'd rather call home than the UK....despite all its faults and problems.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: username74

ffs.

Your point is?

Please elaborate.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That would be a good idea, do you think it will happen though?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: justwokeup

The last thing we need is another referendum. It'll be stacked with multiple flavours of leave and one remain, to rig an overturn.

I thought I'd made it pretty clear but if I didn't....

Not another In/Out referendum, a referendum on whether to accept these terms.
The 'people' should have the final say and not a bunch of corrupt, self-centred, egotistical careerist politicians whose primary goals are self-advancement and the maintenance of the status quo.
We, the 'people' need to set a legal precedence and exert our authority over them.

We've had the vote.

Yes, I agree 100%, no In/Out referendum....we leave one way or another, that is non-negotiable.

The EU has given its best offer which is effectively 'get on your knees bitches or walk if you've the balls'.

Again, I agree entirely....so I think its up to the people of the UK to tell the EU that those terms are totally unacceptable and we reject them.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Its such an obvious strategy and one that has so many benefits.

I said that's what should happen the minute the result of the vote was announced....and I also said it won't happen because there's far too many vested interests, lobbyists, careerist politicians, egotists and elites etc who firmly believe in maintaining the status quo and keeping their place on the gravy train rather than doing what's best for the ordinary, everyday British people.

We need urgent and radical reform of our electoral and parliamentary procedures to rid ourselves of these leeches.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

To be honest paraphi i would love to see both May and Sturgeon chow down on a Polonium sandwich.

None of the bastards have any of our nations best interests at heart.

All they do really is line there own or others just like thems pockets at the expense of the rest people.

Westminster is not just a problem for Scotland all the same but for the rest of the UK bar London really.
edit on 28-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Technically i wrote it down, but it is what it is i suppose.

Certainly not just us Scots screaming from the rooftops our discontent regarding Brexit.
edit on 28-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

was that on the ballot that was previously approved?
is that normal for uk people to vote to approve deals the government makes?

No, not on the ballot but it seems its considered common sense among people who are against May's plan, which is the majority of remainders and brexiteers. And its not standard procedure but Brexit isn't standard either, extraordinary times require extraordinary measures...

Thank you for answering my questions. I do not know exactly how your system of government works.
Thanks for your opinion of what is needed.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join