It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit Donald Tusk tells European Union to approve deal

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Flavian
I have millionaire mates and minimum wage mates, everyone is happy unlike whinging Scots.
Maybe the sea air keeps us all happy?
I'm effectively living on minimum wage because I only work 2 or 3 days a week, but I haven't got the full sky package, iPhone contracts for all the kids, and a thousand £'s sofa on credit so I do alright.
Scottish whinge bags.

As I have established, neither have I. And the sea air must keep us happy. I live near the east coast and, despite the fact I've never been one of life's winners (financially or in any luck based way) I'm rarely seen without a smile on my face. There's a difference between moaning and telling you how it is but you don't seem to get that.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Freeborn

The Scot's will still whinge, it's in their genes lol

Nationist....
edit on 28/11/18 by djz3ro because: Format

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

So Scots don't whinge lol

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Some do, guess what, so do some English (especially about how we get free prescriptions & university education), some Welsh, some Irish, some Americans, some Kiwi's and people from every nation in the world. Thing is you're saying everything is rosey, I'm giving anecdotal evidence it's not and you mistake it for winging?

You're not like any Cornish person I've met in real life. Most I've met actually feel a kinship towards their celtic cousins be it Welsh, Irish Brittanian, Manx or Scots.
edit on 28/11/18 by djz3ro because: Correction

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: justwokeup

The last thing we need is another referendum. It'll be stacked with multiple flavours of leave and one remain, to rig an overturn.

I thought I'd made it pretty clear but if I didn't....

Not another In/Out referendum, a referendum on whether to accept these terms.
The 'people' should have the final say and not a bunch of corrupt, self-centred, egotistical careerist politicians whose primary goals are self-advancement and the maintenance of the status quo.
We, the 'people' need to set a legal precedence and exert our authority over them.

We've had the vote.

Yes, I agree 100%, no In/Out referendum....we leave one way or another, that is non-negotiable.

The EU has given its best offer which is effectively 'get on your knees bitches or walk if you've the balls'.

Again, I agree entirely....so I think its up to the people of the UK to tell the EU that those terms are totally unacceptable and we reject them.

I understood you. However your vision isn't what's going to happen if a 2nd ref occurs.

The people that should take heart from all this are the SNP. There is an overlap between those that voted brexit and those that voted No. Older British identifying people. With the establishment telling all those voters to just go # themselves a fair few no's will turn yes.

If our future is all as euro provinces and votes otherwise don't count for anything might as well break it all up.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Sorry to disappoint you dude, many accolades and many spellings lol

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: justwokeup

They are taking notice and have been hinting for a wee while that not long after we leave will be a good time to have a vote on scotland's future.

But as one talking head on the BBC said a few weeks ago, "no Prime Minister would allow the UK to break up" I feel there is more truth to that statement than was intended.
edit on 28/11/18 by djz3ro because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Sorry to disappoint you dude, many accolades and many spellings lol

Spellings?

I'm not dissapointed, just surprised, little disappoints me, one of the good things about low expectations ha ha

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Technically though you are now whining on about other people whinging. LoL

I mean you have to appreciate the hypocrisy there.

As to the insinuation that to whinge is in our genes, well that could quite possibly be considered racist, to some a little less thick-skinned than us Scots. LoL

Nevermind that from a scientific and genetic standpoint, makes very little sense whatsoever.

Anyway, you English have one of the best whingers ever via this dude.

Or do you not bloody believe it?

edit on 28-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Lol point taken.
Maybe I'm just lucky like my minimum wage mates here that life is pretty good.
Scotland sounds terrible the way you guys moan about life.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Richard Wilson - apparently born in Greenock. Scottish. So, no, I don't bloody believe it.

A pattern seems to be emerging here....

edit on 29-11-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Pmsl!
Scottish whinge bags haha!
Good call carpy!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Richard Wilson - apparently born in Greenock. Scottish. So, no, I don't bloody believe it.

A pattern seems to be emerging here....

Yeah but this Scottish actor was playing a role as an Englishman.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Maybe, but he was clearly drawing on his Scottish roots as inspiration for the character.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: username74
a reply to: Flavian

hate to break it to ya but most care jobs, van jobs and service jobs pay around min wage.
less to under 18s.
thats what happens when you sell your industry overseas, and turn your economy into sevice and financial. 80% ?!.
oh, and import half the world on benefits in your already overcrowded degraded infrastructure.

Maybe so but if they are full time jobs then, even on minimum wage, they are paying income tax. It is simple mathematics.

There are loads of jobs still about too, so unless there is a reason not to work full time (medical, child care, etc) then there is no excuse not to. The bottom line is that welfare is supposed to be a safety net, not a way of life.

The neediest should always be supported. The workshy though should not be.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Scotland sounds like an awful place to live judging by the whinging on ATS.
I'm glad I live in SW England, life is pretty cool here even on minimum wage like many happy mates are.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I like Scotland and can't speak highly enough of the Scottish people.

But they do have a tendency to moan a lot at times and the only thing they like more than blaming everything and anything on those bastard English is winding those self-same bastard English up at every opportunity.

Give me a Jock any day over a Cockney etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Lol at cockney's
...they don't whinge like Scots though, I'll take a non whinging cockney over a whinging Scot any day.

EDIT
It must be miserable in Scotland the amount they whinge though, glad I don't live there lol
edit on 29-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Got to agree to disagree on this one mate.

Its my experience that Jocks are solid and always have your back....can't say that about Londoner's and those from the surrounding areas.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Haha fair one mate, I know a few cockney guys cool as # will watch your back...and don't endlessly whinge like life is so terrible.
Scotland sounds like a # place to live if I only read ATS lol
EDIT
I've said "Well # off back to Scotland then if it's so crap here" loads of times, never said similar to a cockney.
edit on 29-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join