It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit Donald Tusk tells European Union to approve deal

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Why shouldn't there be rich labour MPs?

Absolutely no reason at all. Just pointing out to certain cliques who keep posting

myths like this......

I'm more concerned with the Tory politicians and banker scums "stupid life choices" rather than the average Joes as they can kind of have somewhat of a knock on effect on everyone to put it mildly.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: djz3ro

Another Scot whining that the world is so terrible, take the full sky package and thousand pounds sofa's away then life is easier.

My sofa was free off Facebook (and even if I had the money I wouldn't spend a grand on a sofa, I'm no mug) , I have freeview, I use pay as you go, my smart phone is at least 2nd hand and cost under £100.

Was it whinging or was I replying to what you wrote? I stated facts, nothing else...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

As number 2 do you honestly think the UK cannot get its act together when

not being held back by 26 other countries who in total add up to the three?

Held back? We led the way, we were leaders and rule makers in Europe, not sitting taking whatever the EU threw at us. Some people seem to forget that
edit on 27/11/18 by djz3ro because: /

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Only you know mate lol
The border us brutal lol 8

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

As I said I do think it's a problem ss its a disgrace that so few people earn enough to pay income tax.

Eh? You pay income tax on earnings over£11850 per annum (going up next year). I don't know any adults that earn less than that?

You might need to broaden you circle then.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

a reply to: andy06shake
Maybe it's # in Scotland but all my mates on minimum wage are doing fine and have happy lives.

None of my friends in Scotland on minimum wage are getting by easily, none of my friends in England on minimum wage are doing anything other than scraping by (not seen Cormish John in years so don't know how our English celtic cousins that I know are doing) and the two people I know in Wales are on minium wage, one had 3 jobs to make ends meet and one is buying and selling bits and bobs to make a bit extra scratch..

Nobody on mimimum wage is doing well.

BUDGETING

I have a friend in Scotland, does two sometimes three jobs.

Holiday abroad this year, New luxury kitchen just finished and holiday in

Thailand early next year........

Works hard, doesn't moan.

Hahaha, all the budgeting in the world wouldn't allow me to take a foreign holiday before I'm 50, cheers for a laugh...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Why shouldn't there be rich labour MPs?

Absolutely no reason at all. Just pointing out to certain cliques who keep posting

myths like this......

I'm more concerned with the Tory politicians and banker scums "stupid life choices" rather than the average Joes as they can kind of have somewhat of a knock on effect on everyone to put it mildly.

What's a myth about that? Decisions made by they politicians and irresponsible bankers have a hell of a lot more impact on our lives than some poor sod just trying to get by.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Held back? We led the way, we were leaders and rule makers in Europe, not sitting taking whatever the EU threw at us. Some people seem to forget that

Lol!!!

Are we living on the same Island

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

a reply to: eletheia
Budgeting indeed.
Loads of my mates are on minimum wage and happy with life, sure not as many shiny things but that is the problem with most people in debt...the full sky package, iPhone contracts for the kids, £1000 sofa on credit, pizza delivery regularly.
Honestly, when I was a debt counselor with CAB I got sick to the back teeth of seeing the same thing time after time.
The current account statements never lie.

EDIT
...and then they'd have the nerve to ask for a referral to the local foodbank, you honestly couldn't make it up.

You keep saying that about sky packages and iphones, yes there are idiots out there who do that, but not me, you're trying to tar everyone with the same brush. I mean iphones are a rip off for starters, I prefer android and go 2nd or 3rd hand when I need an "upgrade"/replacement, never have carry outs or nights out, watch freeview and don't use credit, if I can't afford it. I go without, also I don't smoke (well not tobacco and only when it's free) I've also been referred to a food bank a few times to feed the family, believe me, it's hard to walk with your head held high when that happens. But I'm happy for you and your friends, it must be nice not having the struggle some of us have and be so damn cocky about it...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Lol!!!

Are we living on the same Island

We do but we're a million miles apart in other ways, as I keep saying, the UK is not an equal place and a lot of people just don't get that.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: andy06shake

However, while there are extremes in the UK it ain't that bad when compared elsewhere. China, Russia and most other developing nations have greater extremes of income inequality. While the UK may have flaws in welfare, no one actually starves and everyone can get a roof over their heads.

Nobody starves? so none of these 120000 deaths, caused by austerity will be from starvation?

I know a woman (talk about bad life choices, this lass has never made a good one as far as I know) she's in such bad financial shape she's been blacklisted by the food bank because she's overused it, I know for a fact she goes hungry from time to time.

Do
You
Really
Believe
Nobody
Starves
in the UK?

Because if so, you clearly don't live in the same UK I do!!! Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Has the uk left the eu yet?
Is the brexit vote still valid?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Only you know mate lol
The border us brutal lol 8

I was responding to you and pointing out facts, that's all

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Has the uk left the eu yet?
Is the brexit vote still valid?

We're still in the EU until March next year and the vote is still valid.

More and more people on all sides are calling for a people's vote on the deal and Darth May doesn't want that to happen, neither do hardcore brexiteers.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

More and more people on all sides are calling for a people's vote on the deal and Darth May doesn't want that to happen, neither do hardcore brexiteers.

was that on the ballot that was previously approved?
is that normal for uk people to vote to approve deals the government makes?

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Brexit isn't a "normal" thing, it's got the country almost split down the middle, we only voted to leave by a narrow margin and for that reason it might happen but it will be hard to implement.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No, not on the ballot but it seems its considered common sense among people who are against May's plan, which is the majority of remainders and brexiteers. And its not standard procedure but Brexit isn't standard either, extraordinary times require extraordinary measures...
edit on 27/11/18 by djz3ro because: To fill out my answer a bit more.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I've changed my mind....I'm all for a second referendum on this deal.

I think its important that we set a precedence and the people have the final say.

However, I think its equally important that we make it clear; rejection of this deal in no way negates the result of the previous referendum.
We still leave the EU on March 29th 2019 just not under the terms set out in this ridiculous proposal that satisfies no-one except the EU bureaucrats and commissars.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

We agree. I don't know what the options will be. I just want a damn say in the final strategy

ETA March 29th it is, I'm not happy we're leaving but if the UK goes down, I'll go down with her, coz I'm too skint to get anywhere else ha ha

edit on 27/11/18 by djz3ro because: See above

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join