It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locked and Loaded on the Border...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am not an officer of the corporation. I can't sign the 941s either.

Strange, that. I've never had an insurance policy signed by an officer of the corporation. Agents sign them.

I've never had a sales contract signed by an officer of the corporation. Salesmen sign them.

I think you're talking about a company policy. That's not binding on anyone outside that company.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah. Everything bad is Obama's fault.

Got it.

You mustn’t watch the news, if you did you would know that everything is in fact Trumps fault, ESPECIALLY the things that were Obama’s fault
edit on 22/11/2018 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I think Congress needs to do something about our immigration laws.
Because, obviously, they don't work.

100% agreed. That's the whole problem right there. We need to just repeal every immigration law o the books and start fresh.

With a wall.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

No, that was my point.

Do you?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think you're talking about a designated agent.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I am. Can you be made a designated agent? Can the Chief of Staff be a designated agent?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I agree on the granting of asylum, as I said.

The president has exceeded his authority in limiting those who may apply for asylum to those who do so at a port of entry.

Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Can the Chief of Staff be a designated agent?

For the president of the United States?
I don't know. That's sort of a scary idea, don't you think?
edit on 11/22/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I agree on the granting of asylum, as I said.

The president has exceeded his authority in limiting those who may apply for asylum to those who do so at a port of entry.

Congress did not require that asylum be extended to those who cross the border illegally. They allowed it, at the discretion of the Attorney General or Secretary of Homeland Security. As President, Trump signed an Executive Order saying, in part, that those who cross the border illegally will not be considered for asylum. The Secretary of Homeland Security apparently agreed, because she now has requested the memo from Kelly clarifying the Executive Order to allow the military to assist the CBP at locations not ports of entry.

Note two things: All of this has the blessings of the very person responsible, according to Congress, for granting or denying asylum, and the signature from Kelly was not an Executive Order, but a memo clarifying the Executive Order. I am certain the President was well-informed of what was being clarified.

The only place President Trump has tried to pass law or circumvent the law is in the twisted spin of the media... as usual.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Congress did not require that asylum be extended to those who cross the border illegally.
I have not claimed otherwise.

As President, Trump signed an Executive Order saying, in part, that those who cross the border illegally will not be considered for asylum.
Yes. And it directly contradicts the law.

Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Trump's proclamation says that they may not apply. Trump's proclamation is in direct conflict with the law. It is illegal.

The judge's decision was correct.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Not scary to me. Kelly did not sign an Executive Order.

As Chief Executive, President Trump has authority to issue legal orders to everyone in the Executive branch. Everyone over a department or division has the authority to issue legal orders to their department or division. As Chief of Staff, Kelly's authority is over everyone in the Executive Branch except President Trump and Vice President Pence. As I said, I am sure Trump knows exactly what was going to be in the memo. One of my sources in the OP even states that trump had signed a similar memo earlier, but didn't send it at the time. This was no surprise to him.

If Kelly starts signing memos and keeps them secret from Trump, then I will be scared.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Trump's proclamation says that they may not apply. Trump's proclamation is in direct conflict with the law. It is illegal.

Tell me, how does one apply for asylum?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

If Kelly starts signing memos and keeps them secret from Trump, then I will be scared.

Did Trump know he signed that one?

Why wasn't the one with Trump's signature issued? I wonder.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Everything you need to know. And more.
therefugeecenter.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

www.wikihow.com...

Affirmative asylum:

Ask at a port of entry. If you are arriving into the United States, then you can tell the Customs or Border Patrol worker that you want to apply for asylum.

Is President Trump stopping anyone from talking to a CBP officer?

Get the appropriate form. You will need to fill out Form I-589, “Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal.” You can get the form sent to you by calling 1-800-870-3676.[15] Any information that you provide on the form is legally protected from disclosure.
  • You can also download the form at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-589.pdf.
  • The instructions, which you should read before filling out the form, are available at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-589instr.pdf.

Is that telephone number not still working? Are the web sites down?

Defensive asylum:

Understand the process. Generally, you cannot apply for asylum if you are denied entry into the country because you lack proper documentation or if you are barred from seeking asylum (e.g., you committed an aggravated felony). However, there are two processes that you can use if you do not want to be returned to your country of origin because you fear persecution. These processes are commonly called “defensive” asylum.
  • Credible fear screening. If you have been denied entry because you lack proper identification, then you may seek asylum before an Immigration Judge if you have a “credible fear” of persecution or torture. A credible fear is a “significant possibility” that you can establish that you have been persecuted or have a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular group.
    • If you establish credible fear, then you may ultimately apply for asylum before a judge.
  • Reasonable fear screening. If you are scheduled to be removed from the United States because you illegally re-entered the country, committed an aggravated felony, or for some other reason that bars your continued stay in the country, you can try to halt your return to your country of origin by claiming that you have a “reasonable fear” of persecution.
    • Even if you establish reasonable fear of persecution, you will not be able to apply for asylum. However, you can still seek “withholding of removal” or protection under the Convention Against Torture. Each offers more limited relief than asylum. For example, although the United States cannot return you to your home country, it could settle you in a safe alternate country.
    • Furthermore, if you seek a reasonable fear determination, then you cannot include your spouse or children. They must make their own claim that they reasonably fear persecution.
Apparently defensive asylum is not even available for those who are apprehended at the border.

So what part of the application process is Trump denying?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

The part about only at a port of entry. Which is in direct conflict with the law.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

What happens if an illegal immigrant talks to a CBP agent anyway? Will President trump come down there and cut his tongue out?

Can I apply for voting rights in Hawaii?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Can I apply for voting rights in Hawaii?

All you have to do is register. You are a citizen, right?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Nope. Never been there. Can I apply?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The part about only at a port of entry. Which is in direct conflict with the law.

That law should be changed. Why would anyone oppose changing that law??

Because , orange man bad?

I don’t see any issue with requiring people to enter only at certain ports, as opposed to simply walking onto a beach in South Carolina for example.

Again, why would anyone oppose such a law change?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join