It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio bill to ban abortion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I didn't pull the idea of falling down a flight of stairs or car accidents out of thin air...
women were imprisoned in both cases.
as far as your 7 month old fetus...
without the assistance of a well trained healthcare provider???
I would consider that insanity, but that's just me. I highly doubt if there are many out there stabbing their stomachs with knives or shoving coat hangers into themselves now days. of course, suicide is also a crime, so who knows.
you can look it up, it's one of the carolinas, although at this point I don't know which, but they have more women convicted than men for causing the death of the unborn. the only mistake these women made were having a miscarriage. something that they had no power over whatsoever really.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

They do it all the time with the second amendment.
There are also restrictions on abortion in many states.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They do it all the time with the second amendment.
There are also restrictions on abortion in many states.

But we are not talking restrictions, we are talking about making it illegal. Is it now illegal in any state there?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

but, but...
they can point to it and tell their pro-life christian right supporters that they are doing something to stop abortions even when they really don't want to... they know danged well this law would not hold up in any court, not even a conservative leaning supreme court!!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Not yet

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

but, but...
they can point to it and tell their pro-life christian right supporters that they are doing something to stop abortions even when they really don't want to... they know danged well this law would not hold up in any court, not even a conservative leaning supreme court!!

I'm not so sure about that anymore because I doubt some of the SC justices can really remain impartial to their religious convictions.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Not yet

Exactly, so Roe vs Wade will first need to be overturned, is that right?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Not yet

Exactly, so Roe vs Wade will first need to be overturned, is that right?

I don't honestly know anymore.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

this law doesn't provide any exemptions, I posted a link to the pdf file earlier. you don't have to page down that far before you see where they strike out the part that would give an exemption if the mother was at risk if the pregnancy was carried to term...
then they refer you to this:

As used in the Revised Code, "abortion" means the purposeful termination of a human pregnancy by any person, including the pregnant woman herself, with an intention other than to produce a live birth or to remove a dead fetus or embryo. Abortion is the practice of medicine or surgery for the purposes of section 4731.41 of the Revised Code.

codes.ohio.gov...

at least the catholic church will intercede in a tubal pregnancy once they can honestly say the tube has become compromised and needs to be removed.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Anyone here hunt? If so, isn't one of the biggest reasons for hunting overpopulation? It's good for ther deer to have the herd thinned every once in a while. If the population isn't put in check they could destroy the environment around them. I guess the same logic can't be made for humans despite the fact that we are clearly destroying the Earth and its environment.

My father has made the same argument. He says he supports in economically. It's a fair point I suppose, but then why not eugenics? Why not assisted suicide? It's definitely murky waters.

Ummm...it’s quite revealing whenever these conversations arise...in that those that advocate such positions never seem to include themselves in the equation...

All those in favor of reducing population levels and eugenics...should immediately off themselves...

There are many safe and effective means available for them to carry out their belief...besides...I get all their toys when they’re off...successfully ending overpopulation...one advocate at a time...

Problem solving is one of my talents...glad I could help...

YouSir

Evidently, that's the dunning-kruger effect taking place, because you're not. Asking sentient persons to commit suicide over culling out new additions who aren't sentient and are still a parasite, is absolutely bonkers.

If you're anti-abortion, how many people did you adopt?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Right wingers love nothing more than curtailing others rights. a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Right wingers love nothing more than curtailing others rights. a reply to: Bluntone22

Actually no,

We just don't believe that Murdering an infant is a "right" or torture murdering your cats and dogs is a "right".

Dismember your baby in the womb and it is OK, Dismember your dog and it is a crime... .think about it.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

around 90% of abortions occur in the first trimester...
that "infant" weighs around one oz or less at that point!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Unborn children aren't considered individuals.

They are property, subject to the owner.

So basically, if you support abortion, you support slavery.

What happens if the female had suffered a sex crime against her will and became pregnant, has she got to go through with the pregnancy and then raise a child that was fathered by her own rapist?

May seem extreme but I know of this very thing, I have seen you state after mass shootings that emotional decisions do not make sense (in relation to gun amnesty) so as hard as it maybe with this topic try not to make emotional decisions and outbursts

Eductaion into safer sex needs to be increased but the option to terminate a pregnancy should not lead to criminal charges or accusations of slavery

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

So the sins of the father must be paid by the child?

What did the child ever do but exist?

So we must accept that murdering the child is right because of something the father did.

EDIT TO ADD;

I'm not being emotional at all. I'm being very rational. I've evoked no religious or moral distinction. I'm just stating things empirically.

edit on 22-11-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Funny how the left is so selective on which rights they think need protection.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

And this is from someone who wants to eliminate the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sound guy I assume?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

as opposed to you guys defending an abortion bill that would prohibit a women and her doctor from protecting the life and health of the mother, even when it comes to miscarriages and tubal pregnancies, both of which often means the survival of the fetus/baby, is impossible...
oh, ya, it makes perfect sense risking the life of a women for no danged reason outside of actually helping her via an abortion triggers the right's emotions...

oh, no, you can't take our guns!!! we need to protect ourselves!! but, heck with those women, just let them die, they have no right to expect the have the ability to protect themselves..

edit on 22-11-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Nods head.

Seems they're tone deaf to their own version of what freedom is.

Somewhat Orwellian I would presume.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join