It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio bill to ban abortion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: DBCowboy

as opposed to you guys defending an abortion bill that would prohibit a women and her doctor from protecting the life and health of the mother, even when it comes to miscarriages and tubal pregnancies, both of which often means the survival of the fetus/baby, is impossible...
oh, ya, it makes perfect sense risking the life of a women for no danged reason outside of actually helping her via an abortion triggers the right's emotions...

I would caveat that if the life of the woman was in jeopardy, then they should be free to choose what to do.

Any other strawmen you want to prop up?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Nowhere have I defended this bill.

i honestly don't care either way

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think your leaders should spend their time and resources in developing better birth control, sex education, and counseling instead of focusing on damage control after the fact.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Which is less than 1% of abortions. Also which has plenty of bipartisan support.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Birth control is effective and readily available now.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23979843]DBCowboy[/post

the link to the pdf file is here...

www.legislature.ohio.gov...
it gives you two option but in both options the exemption regarding life and health of the mother has been struct out!
it wasn't an oversight, a whoops, we forgot to include it, it was the deliberate removal of it!! it then refers you to the a new meaning of abortion:

As used in the Revised Code, "abortion" means the purposeful termination of a human pregnancy by any person, including the pregnant woman herself, with an intention other than to produce a live birth or to remove a dead fetus or embryo. Abortion is the practice of medicine or surgery for the purposes of section 4731.41 of the Revised Code.

Effective Date: 09-16-1974.

codes.ohio.gov...

you treat a danged tubal pregnancy by terminating the pregnancy, that's if the pregnancy doesn't cause the danged fullopian tube from bursting first!!!

so it this deliberate because they know that without such an exemption there is no way it will be ruled constitutional??
or is it deliberate because they actually believe that women lose their most basic right, the right to life, when they become pregnant???

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Knowing politicians, who don't give a good god-damn about any of us, it was put in deliberately.

Politicians USE abortion as a toy to gain votes or raise money.

They don't care that their laws have allowed millions of unborn babies to be murdered.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

it's a "look see we tried, but those danged liberal judges blocked us again!" bill...
regardless of weather the judges are actually liberal or conservative...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

it's a "look see we tried, but those danged liberal judges blocked us again!" bill...

You see?

I do agree with you occasionally.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You see?

I do agree with you occasionally.

Well it is a holiday...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
it's also a great way to waste alot of taxpayer money fighting this thing up the court system to the supreme court, just to be knocked down.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

it's also a great way to waste alot of taxpayer money fighting this thing up the court system to the supreme court, just to be knocked down.

Dawnstar, I don't agree with you politically very often but I want to tell you that I always enjoy your banter with me and other members.
You say your piece without resorting to name calling and low brow insults.

Thank you for being you... Happy turkey day..

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
hope you have a nice holiday also!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

It could certainly be improved upon, as with sex education.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

No matter how idiot proof you make something there is someone ready to prove you wrong

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Good. I'm so tired of hearing selfish women say "I'ts my body and no man is going to tell me what I can and can't do with it"...meanwhile, they walk out of the clinic unharmed while the baby's body gets chopped into pieces. I wonder what the baby would say to the mother if it had a voice.....and they say men are the violent ones. Psht.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

It could be improved upon by women mostly. It's no secret that men have sexual impulsion's, that we can hardly control and that biology plays a big part in that, as it is needed for humanity to survive on a primal level. Women do not have these uncontrollable impulses usually. Women get hit on far more than men do yearly by hundreds, and everyone knows (despite how much smoke women blow up men's @$$es) that women hold ALL the cards when it comes to sex.

If a man says "yes" to sex..it doesn't mean it will happen, but if a woman says "yes", you can bet men are lining up. Also, even though there's birth control...maybe women should learn how to take it, and not use it to trap men into relationships by conveniently "forgetting" to take it. It happened to me twice by both women I married. They simply forgot to take the pill 'ONE DAY' (so I'm told) and the trap folds in. I love my kids and am glad they're here, but I am getting a little tired of the ego of women, thinking that we men believe that crap. I can promise you this...If men had birth control, only the dumbest 1% would "forget" to take it.

The problem is that women have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing that, and men only have everything to lose if the relationship goes south. If women lost their child in a divorce, had to pay alimony and child support...all while trying to survive on basically no money (because the court usually awards the female) while under the threat of prison for non-payment...having the courts and all members of the opposite sex demonizing them and trying to make it harder for them to see their child or make the payments....they wouldn't forget to take the pill ever again.
edit on 23-11-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

this law that we are discussing seem to ban abortion, in all cases! no exemptions whatsoever. if places the right of the fetus' life above the life of the pregnant woman.... effectively revoking the most basic right to any and all pregnant women, since although it's only around 1% of women who this law might adversely effect, any women who becomes pregnant will become sub-equal to the small cluster of cells growing within her. Believe me when I say this, women see enough women dying in hospitals because the rights of the fetus (even when that fetus manages to embed itself in the wrong place, like a fullopian tube, men will find it much more difficult to find relief from their sexual impulses!!!

and, the women don't pay a price bit.... that is bull crap!!! men get off with paying a percentage of their paycheck, it is dependent on their earnings and the courts usually leave enough for them to live on. women spend 18 or so years raising the kid, which kind of interferes with their earning ability some, and while you say that women hold all cards when it comes to sex, men do hold all the cards it seems when it comes to money!!! they also spend 9 months with the little tyke putting extra stress on their body, and sometimes...
they pay with their lives!!!
which by the way, maternal deaths have been raising for awhile now and who knows maybe it's just coincindence, but that rise began about the same time as the catholic hospital system started taking over a large number of hospitals across this country. this bill would force every hospital in the state to operate like those hospitals do when things go astray and the termination of the pregnancy is the best solution to the women's health crisis.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

As soon as the men, yeah men, who are pushing this law figure out the unintended consequences, watch it quietly disappear. I can't wait for the first legislator who gets his "admin assistant pregnant and pays for her abortion to be charged with connspiracy to murder for hire. Or the first state senator who gets drunk at his election victory party and then rear ends the car of a pregnant woman, causing a miscarraige, to be charged with voluntary manslaughter. Or the first legislator to be charged with child abuse for buying his pregnant wife a drink.Or the first one who, with his wife, chooses IVF knowing that most of the eggs will be discarded after fertilization, to be charged with mass murder.Cloassifying an insensate clump of cells as a "human being" can lead to a multitude of things that are fun to think about, but... Do polluters get charged with child endangerment" Since the nucleus of any human cell has the potential to become a child, will trimming your nails run the risk of a mass murder charge. The same with spitting, with mutiple thousands of nucleated epiphilial cells destroyed.
Be careful, consrvative religious right, you might get stuff you didn't ask for.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy
I previously mention that there was one women who was imprisoned after she fell down the stairs and miscarried. The prosecution claimed that the women just didn't want to be pregnant so badly, she threw herself down a flight of stairs on purpose. She claims that she got dizzy and lost her balance. Her conviction was overturned, not because they felt it was insane to prosecute a women for falling down a flight of stairs, but rather that her pregnancy was as far along as was claimed and therefore didn't fall under the law that used to charge her. But, there's another aspect of this story. Just before she fell, she had gotten a phone call from her boyfriend/husband, I'm not sure and he had upset her.... raised her blood pressure??? Maybe??? Which may have caused the dizziness, which caused the fall, which caused the miscarriage....
maybe it was him that was guiilty of negligent homicide???

Just something to think about guys, what you do not only while your partner is pregnant, but also before she becomes pregnant also plays a part in weather a pregnancy is successful or not. If a fetus has the same rights as the born, and exposing a person to second hand smoke is not allowed because it's bad for their health... well, your drug use, your alchohol consumption, your cigarette consumption, your diet, can cause detrimental effects on any fetus that may be conceived with your sperm. Fair is fair, if they can lock up women now for having a history of drug use, although no evidence she used it while pregnant, there is scientific evidence that a man's drug use, even decades ago, can affect future offspring. Don't think you are safe simply because you are the male.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join