It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio bill to ban abortion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Ummm...Ah yes...a more humane way to rid ourselves of...undesirables...or deplorables if you will...

If all those who advocate such...would merely rid the world of...themselves...then problem solved...

You see...you and your ilk...never seem to comprehend...that your just as undesirable...reprehensible...and deplorable as those you justify hanging such labels on...

Do us all a favor...and leave me your toys...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
When someone kills a pregnant woman, does the murderer ever get charged with TWO counts of murder anymore in the US?

yes

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: IAMTAT
When someone kills a pregnant woman, does the murderer ever get charged with TWO counts of murder anymore in the US?

yes

Why isn't that a contradiction?
If abortion isn't murder...why is killing a pregnant woman DOUBLE murder?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You saying I have it confused and that abortions don’t kill, but guns do?

Or do you justify a position by saying it is okay if it isn’t viable and self sustaining at the time? Because that would open a whole other argument. Like background checks for mental stability, history of lawlessness or reckless irresponsibility. Maybe the county sheriff needs to be informed if you want to have too many abortions in a short timeframe. Or removal of facilities have high capacity abortions. Maybe too high of a rate of performing abortions? Perhaps just ban assault abortions were they can only be produced by chemical means such as the morning after pill? What if you had to be in a recognized group to have an abortion. Or were limited to a tumble down a flight of stairs like what was available at the time of the founders?

I can do absurd arguments. Like you can be pro choice about terminating a life but unable to be pro choice about inefficient incandescent light bulbs. Or that some state allow for open carry without a permit but concealed carry requires a permit, despite that open carry can cause panic in the public. Which incidentally is the law in Ohio. Although CCW laws changed transportation of a firearm in a motor vehicle significantly. Used to be three steps or more, but became more complicated. But you can have a loaded firearm in the car if you have a CCW.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: TinySickTears
this country needs more abortions
not less

woot woot

Ummm...if only you had been one...

Unfortunately...because those breeders decided to keep you viable...we have to suffer with your agonizing opining...

Woot woot...

YouSir

yeah that sucks for you

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

You saying I have it confused and that abortions don’t kill, but guns do?

Or do you justify a position by saying it is okay if it isn’t viable .

yes and yes

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

giving women the ability to prevent unwanted pregnancies and birth is not getting rid of those society considers as being undesirables though is it? it's giving women more control of their lives, enabling women the ability to space their pregnancies which leads to healthier women and BABIES... it gives women more freedom to take part in society, giving time and energy to the world outside of the home... be it in the workforce or in a volunteer fashion.
forced sterilizations, locking away the poor, the aged, the children in workhouses, working and starving them to death, well, that got rid of the undersirables!!!

the reason why I am centered on just how they are defining an unborn child is because if it's defining them as being that at the time of conception, it could eliminate many of the most effective birth control methods out there since they not only work to prevent conception, but the backup plan is to make the uterus so inhospitable the conceived egg fails to embed and is washed out. so, well, this law could open a way to ban much of the birth control.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
why is it that more women have been imprisoned for killing their unborn baby (by being careless and falling down the stairs, by drug usage, even when they had been clean since they learned they were pregnant, by just having a miscarriage) than men have been???
the answer to this may give you a clue as to why killing a pregnant women is considered the murder of two people and why many in the prochoice groups were against the law...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

So perform abortions with guns. Keep everyone happy.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

this country needs more abortions
not less

woot woot

Ummm...if only you had been one...

Unfortunately...because those breeders decided to keep you viable...we have to suffer with your agonizing opining...

Woot woot...

YouSir

yeah that sucks for you

Ummm...indeed...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Abortion could be seen as crime stoppers. Really in the best interest of a civilized society that some shouldn't reproduce.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

that could be true, except for the fact that the poor seem to be rewarded with more gov't benefits, delayed obligation to get a job for becomming pregnant... it's those who are actually finding themselves trying to stay in a tight budget that are looking at each other asking can we really afford to have another kid, can we afford you not working for a time, will your company even give you time off to have the baby and recover???

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

giving women the ability to prevent unwanted pregnancies and birth is not getting rid of those society considers as being undesirables though is it?

Ummm...so...the murder of babies is desirable but aborting them is not considered getting rid of the undesirable...?

I can almost see your convoluted attempt at logic...

How is aborting an unwanted pregnancy due to inconvenience...not considered getting rid of an undesirable offspring...?

I see the real issue here...your justifications are as warped as your considerations...your attempts to twist illogic into logic ring specious and hollow...

These justifications spring from guilt and an inability to process emotions derived by casual killing in a manner that approximates good mental health...

Never having casually killed an undesirable offspring due to inconvenience...it is hard for me to summon the requisite compassion for such an act...however...that being stated...it doesn’t equate to not having compassion for one in such an predicament...

I do have compassion for you and virtually all others...just not for the choices you make...or the convoluted justifications you excuse such action and behavior with...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

have you read my previous posts on this thread??? what was my main focus when I first started posting in this thread?
while you are talking about abortion for convenience....
this law, as it is written... would ban ALL abortions, even those that are necessary if you want the mother to live!!!
not to mention it might lead to the banning of the most forms of birth control...

edit on 22-11-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

why is it that more women have been imprisoned for killing their unborn baby (by being careless and falling down the stairs, by drug usage, even when they had been clean since they learned they were pregnant, by just having a miscarriage) than men have been???
the answer to this may give you a clue as to why killing a pregnant women is considered the murder of two people and why many in the prochoice groups were against the law...

I'm seriously asking:
If a 6-9 month pregnant woman intentionally decides to kill her own baby in her womb...BY HER OWN HAND...has she committed murder?
Will she go to prison?

If she decides, instead, to go to an abortionist...will she NOT be committing murder and NOT go to prison?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If a 6-9 month pregnant woman intentionally decides to kill her own baby in her womb...BY HER OWN HAND...has she committed murder?

No doubt she would be referred to mandatory Psychological Assessment & Evaluation.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

and if she happens to fall down a flight of stairs or gets in a car accident and loses the baby??

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Bluntone22

Unborn children aren't considered individuals.

They are property, subject to the owner.

So basically, if you support abortion, you support slavery.

Now that's some logic right there.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

and if she happens to fall down a flight of stairs or gets in a car accident and loses the baby??

Would that not be considered an accident?
No crime..

But I'm curious on your view of iamtat's question.
Would killing your own 7 month old fetus be a crime?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
A proposed Ohio law would redefine a person to include 'unborn humans' and could treat abortion like murder

"The law would effectively ban abortions in Ohio and means that women who get them -- and the doctors who perform the procedure -- could be charged with murder and potentially face the death penalty."

The fight that never ends.
Round and round we go........again.

It will probably not pass and if it ever did it will die in court.....

www.google.com...

So can they just willynilly change definitions within laws that are in place now and what about the Roe vs Wade precedent? I see many lawsuits going to the Supreme Court where they may try to overturn the Roe vs Wade precedent.

The Roe decision defined "viable" as "potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid."[

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join