It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Lazar : Area 51 & Flying Saucers... The whole story.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: Outlier13
You don't understand what "cognitive bias" means. It has nothing to do with "wanting" anything.

Cognitive bias is a collective term. What I mean here is subjective validation, perceiving something as true because of your belief.

I'm with you on this.

There are people who - since they believe that ETs are in fact visiting Earth in interstellar craft - are more likely to believe a story by a person who says he has seen these interstellar craft.

In their minds, Since Bob Lazar's story already agrees with their preconceived notions of ET visitation, that agreement with their own ideas becomes good evidence to them that all of his story is probably true.

edit on 2018/12/8 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

You don't understand what "cognitive bias" means. It has nothing to do with "wanting" anything.

Cognitive bias is a collective term. What I mean here is subjective validation, perceiving something as true because of your belief.

I'm with you on this.

There are people who - since they believe that ETs are in fact visiting Earth in interstellar craft - are more likely to believe a story by a person who says he has seen these interstellar craft.

In their minds, Since Bob Lazar's story already agrees with their preconceived notions of ET visitation, that agreement with their own ideas becomes good evidence to them that all of his story is probably true.

There is more than just one group ( ufos are ET) because I believe that lazar might be telling the truth, does not mean I believe that ufos are ET, or this case has anything to do with ET.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

I'm with you on this.

There is more than just one group ( ufos are ET) because I believe that lazar might be telling the truth, does not mean I believe that ufos are ET, or this case has anything to do with ET.

What makes you think he might be telling the truth?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I'm with you on this.

Because I do not see any motivation. Obviously not for money and attention. There is evidence that he did work at Los Alamos National Lab. Someone with credentials who worked there said he remember Lazer there. If that is the case, why did they try and hide that?

He knew things about the location that no one should know. I am not saying he is 100% but definitely enough for me to be intrigued.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I'm with you on this.

Because I do not see any motivation. Obviously not for money and attention. There is evidence that he did work at Los Alamos National Lab. Someone with credentials who worked there said he remember Lazer there. If that is the case, why did they try and hide that?

He knew things about the location that no one should know. I am not saying he is 100% but definitely enough for me to be intrigued.

OK, he may have had something to do with the S-4 test site, or knowledge of it through his work, But I don't see that as evidence that they were reverse engineering advanced craft there - or, as his story goes, ET craft. None of the details of his story provides evidence of that. The Element 115 stuff is certainly not evidence, since it was already known mainstream science of the day that element 115 was predicted to exist.

And as for "no motivation/not for money or attention" aspect: as others have pointed out, some people who have an urge to lie don't do it for attention or money. Sometimes a person's motivation for lying makes no sense to you and me. So the fact that he gained not much fame of fortune is irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I'm with you on this.

OK, he may have had something to do with the S-4 test site, or knowledge of it through his work, But I don't see that as evidence that they were reverse engineering advanced craft there - or, as his story goes, ET craft. None of the details of his story provides evidence of that. The Element 115 stuff is certainly not evidence, since it was already known mainstream science of the day that element 115 was predicted to exist.

And as for "no motivation/not for money or attention" aspect: as others have pointed out, some people who have an urge to lie don't do it for attention or money. Sometimes a person's motivation for lying makes no sense to you and me. So the fact that he gained not much fame of fortune is irrelevant.

Never said he has evidence. But some of the stuff he has said, which was called BS at the time, like working at the Los Alamos National Lab. Why did they lie and say he did not work there? Even though a physicist who worked there remembers bob working there as a physicist. Why did they lie?

And If they lied about that, what else are they lying about?

As for lying. Most people lie for attention or money. What motivation would he have to lie, make no money on that lie, and distancing himself from it for decades. Does not make sense at all!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Excellent report Springer.

What an enigma this man is, fascinating.

Where can I watch this movie?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Was there any discussion of Mr Lazar's education? To my knowledge mr Lazar hasnt presented his educational transcripts . Is there any developments in this aspect of his story?

mkaku.org...

Thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Looks like the movie is a hit!

vimeo.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

That Bob didn't make money is irrelevant to you, but not for the rest of the country. Motive matters and is one of the main things in any LE investigation, and it is applicable here too. So, what do you think Bob's motive for the elaborate con and decades long lie was? (Since you think it is all a lie, I assume)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublant

His motive for making up the ufo angle of his story (some aspects I believe are true apart from this part) is that he didn't want to be buried in the desert next to barrels of RAM coating...he worked at a part of the base but not the main section...when he got caught out there with his friends, he was in BIG trouble...

Survival... was his motive...

The "Ufos" he videoed that he took his "ufo nut" friend Lear to see...particle beam weapons test, that at a certain height fuse with molecules in the atmosphere and create plasmas..that glowed orange. When the power amplifier is changed on the particle beam, it changes height and direction..

Ohh he also "recreated" his security pass/badge...
edit on p56434182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
a reply to: Sublant

His motive for making up the ufo angle of his story (some aspects I believe are true apart from this part) is that he didn't want to be buried in the desert next to barrels of RAM coating...he worked at a part of the base but not the main section...when he got caught out there with his friends, he was in BIG trouble...

Survival... was his motive...

The "Ufos" he videoed that he took his "ufo nut" friend Lear to see...particle beam weapons test, that at a certain height fuse with molecules in the atmosphere and create plasmas..that glowed orange. When the power amplifier is changed on the particle beam, it changes height and direction..

Ohh he also "recreated" his security pass/badge...

The particle beam explanations makes no sense what so ever! And I will tell you why!

Okay, say this explanation is true ( as redicluas as it sounds) and he made up all the ET stuff just to get them of his back, then why not stay in the dark after getting away with it. Why keep on talking about it, even though it is obvious he is very private and does not like the attention. We all know it's not for money so why?

It makes not sense at all!
edit on 8-12-2018 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What does Joe From The Carolinas have to say about all this?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

You can see the device you speak of in the film, as Lazar drives onto the base with Knapp. You also see a very different looking pass whilst they drive around.

Strangely, Corbell has put snippets off '___' test footage throughout the film, and just before the end, the words Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds briefly flash on the screen and what I assume is a woman being given it.

I came away believing, without a doubt that Bob believes in everything he says.
edit on 8-12-2018 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The information revealed by Lazar is about his experiences, what he says he witnessed first hand...
Now anybody anywhere could make fantastic claims, but can any of those people who make such claims provide any actual evidence? Either he knew told the truth or he’s alien to mankind with superpowers capable of manifesting thought into form causing it to become real...
You may be asking what evidence?
Well it’s like this... Bob has provided information about reality before it was known, he did do that several times the latest revelation is the hand scanners that he was mocked over for so long...
He’s not a liar and he’s no magician capable of manifesting his so called lies into reality...
Bob is a rather brilliant fellow who beyond any doubt loves science, it’s this love which compelled him to tell his story then to share more to help protect him from doing so, actually a smart move...
It’s all to easy for people to believe and claim he’s a liar but the reality is those people are incapable of rational thought, because of what Bob has said and others have proven he stands not refuted but instead justified in his claims...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've seen the movie and meh. It felt a little bit chaotic just like Skinwalker and again I haven't learned anything new but maybe some new people to the subject will find this film interesting at least.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here’s some more information about 115 it’s a manufactured element what’s funny is earths scientists can smash particles to create 115 which is highly unstable and short lived... Which leaves them with data but no physical evidence basically... But an intelligent race can fashion a substance which is a stable form of sorts it is and isn’t 115 you see it’s a layer cake which is held together by a magnetic force and only what is called the particle accelerator by bob has the correct tuning to react magnetically with this layer cake and when doing so creates the new bond not by smashing but by forming the particle 115... Now what is even more impressive is this is captured and the energy harnessed is over 99%... All of this is somewhat understood yet we do not have the ability to duplicate but that does not mean we can’t use it... The real secrets of this technology is most likely generations away or at least until super computers and artificial intelligence merge into essentially sentient beings...
Otherwise 100 years from now people will still be talking about Bob but they won’t be scoffing at him any longer...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

You didn't state why the particle beam weapons makes no sense...it makes perfect sense as to what they saw and filmed in the desert!

Something that was already rumouted to be there and even investigated and commented on by Bob Stoldal...Knapps predecessor...

People's deep desire to want "cos alienz" is so deep rooted, it blinds people. ET "Is" a possibility, but improbable when other more boring and normal classified projects are at play.

edit on p34631182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

edit on p36617182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
a reply to: Jay-morris

You didn't state why the particle beam weapons makes no sense...please continue

I did! This is an explanation on why Bob did not do this for attention or money. Basically he came out with the ET story so he would stay out of jail, as the so called particle beam was top secret and showing it to his friends is a no go. So he made up the ET story to get them off his back.

Again, it just does not make any sense at all. Here we have a man, who was very uncomfortable coming forward with what he saw. Was not looking for attention or money.

If the particle explantion is real, then why did he not stay in the shadows. If he got away eith it, just get on with his life. What is the motivation for him bring in the limelight again? Is he still afraid he is going to go to jail, so he thought he would throw it back in the limelight?

I never said it was 100% ET, never have. I am saying it the way it is. I am not blinded by believer belief or debunkers belief.

Does not make sense at all!
edit on 8-12-2018 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

My issue with Bob Lazar and element 115 was never about the stability. It was that people were pointing to the fact that Bob knew about element 115 before it was discovered as some sort of proof that his story must be true.

That is, people would say “how did he know that element 115 existed before science discovered it?”

The answer is that long before it was discovered, it was predicted by science, and Lazar could have easily been aware of that prediction.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join