It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the friend zone exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

LOL "Ever made love to a man? You want to?" hahahahahah

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Sounds like you kid is doing good in her early life. Good on you as a parent and her for as a child. But be warned those little boys have other thing on the mind. They are enemy #1. You seem like a good parent and one that your kid will listen to. So I say just talk with her and be honest about how boys feel and act like at her age.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Glad to see your daughter sticking to her own ideals about relationships. That's a very good sign.

I've friend zoned guys I simply wasn't interested in beyond friendship and absolutely been friend zoned by guys in turn. There were no hard feelings either. Still remained friends. There's no reason to not make that sort of thing clear. Put it out there that there will be nothing beyond friendship and don't lead them on either "just in case." That sort of nonsense is what gives people, male and female, a bad rep relationship wise.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I think you already know the answer to this.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes, the friend zone exists. Women are hardwired to only have sex with the most confident con-artist types of men, who are able to manipulate their emotional needs the best. They can care less how intelligent or financially secure a man is. It all comes down to confidence skills. The only way women seek intelligence in a man is when the man can offer them more resources than their government (male/father figure) can. This is why people like Trump and Obama exist, because their mothers had sex with their con-artist fathers. If women don't want people like Trump as president, they need to stop having sex with con-artist men.
edit on 20-11-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It does.

Wanna tear it down...go find an get with someone, the more attractive the better. And make sure your schedule is completely filled up, leave little space to chit chat to catch up, and say you gotta go because you got better things to do.

Watch how fast it can change...if not we'll then, at least you got better things to do.
edit on 20-11-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Yes, we really do put guys in the friend zone. There is a friend zone for us, but I think most guys can't conprehend a friend zone because they would have sex at any opportunity.

We put guys in thhe friend zone when we aren't romantically/physically attracted to them. The guys usually think they have a shot of wooing the girl into there sex zone. Usually they are wrong.

Yes women do, had a huge thing for a girl in college, LOL she knew it too and would keep on setting me up with friends of hers, some were okay some were great. But the best thing is I realized there are way too many girls out there to get stuck on one, especially one that isnt on the same wave length. But I had older sisters and knew the tangled web of emotions they had wrapped around their relationships. You can tell when somebody is in to you and when somebody isnt.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I never even remotely had a close female friend who I wasn't dating. My wife became my best friend and remains so to this day, but that connection happened after we were dating.

I don't understand the friend zone crap. I'm not talking the standard "Oh, hi XYZ, how are you today?" type acquaintence "friendships" where there's just a passing familiarity/friendliness. I get that just fine, it's simply being a friendly person. But these close as peas in a pod, male-female purely plutonic relationship strike me as being bizarrely self deprecating for the males involved.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Yes, we really do put guys in the friend zone. There is a friend zone for us, but I think most guys can't conprehend a friend zone because they would have sex at any opportunity.

We put guys in thhe friend zone when we aren't romantically/physically attracted to them. The guys usually think they have a shot of wooing the girl into there sex zone. Usually they are wrong.

Yes women do, had a huge thing for a girl in college, LOL she knew it too and would keep on setting me up with friends of hers, some were okay some were great. But the best thing is I realized there are way too many girls out there to get stuck on one, especially one that isnt on the same wave length. But I had older sisters and knew the tangled web of emotions they had wrapped around their relationships. You can tell when somebody is in to you and when somebody isnt.

Exactly. You can tell when someone is into or not. Too many people ignore it and try to change it. Almost always fails.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I've always been suspicious when a man describes being "just friends" with a woman.

However, I dated a guy on and off for ten years, and we are close friends to this day. In fact the reason we kept getting back together after a break up was because we were such good friends. We had crazy chemistry in the beginning, but over the years it waned like it tends to do, and he was unfaithful all over the place. The last time it happened I was very hurt, but not even angry for more than a day, because I do love him but just not romantically.

Here's the thing though: if I wanted to and initiated it, until recently, he would absolutely sleep with me, even though in general he just doesn't look at me in "that" way anymore.

Now he has a girlfriend and I see that he is truly in love with her. She told him he had to stop being friends with me, when she found out that he and I used to date. He cried on the phone when he told me that we couldn't talk anymore.

I offered to meet her to put her mind at ease (although it might make it worse since I'm hot), but she refuses. So now we still talk and take care of each other's dogs when one of us goes out of town, but it's drastically reduced.

Point is that even though I have a guy friend where it's strictly platonic, I am still suspicious of guys when they say they are just friends with a chick.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

It can happen at any point in time, both from the women or men, either one can initiate the "friend zone." If it starts off as a friendship without any flirting of any kind, then that means there is possible "room" for something else to occur, for the two individuals to become something more than just friends. BUT - if there is only strictly a friendship from the beginning, or, someone makes it a point to mention that they are not looking for anything else but to be friends, then yes, you will be "friend zoned" and possibly remain there.

Some women as well as men tend to be attracted to the "bad ones." No reasonable explanation as to why, it's just the case. Maybe they need to see a few bad seeds before they realize they deserve much better..."gold."

As long as your daughter is being honest and up front, then its ok to have male friends and not have an issue. As a parent myself, I would want to make sure my kids are honest from the beginning and not falsely lead anyone on, because that's when the problems may start to occur. Best of luck!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join