It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whore of Babylon & The Mark of the Beast Revealed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel
See the articles I linked. Here, I'll share the last line (the ending conclusion) of the last article:

Hence, this woman named Babylon the Great clearly represents the world empire of false religion, which includes all religions that stand in opposition to Jehovah God.

Which includes Christendom (not just the Roman Catholic Church), which includes the Seventh Day Remnant Church (the source of the video in the OP). All Binitarian and Trinitarian teachings are teachings that come out of Babylon the Great. The teachings of the SDR Church concerning God's identity can be best described as Binitarian (conflating Jesus with his God) as I gathered from reading up on it (they also still teach some form of a Trinity except that they do not consider the holy spirit to be a person, so it's not a traditional Trinity that they teach). False teachings about Jehovah God stand in opposition to Jehovah God.

Psalm 83:18 (KJV)

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth.

Psalm 84:11 (ASV)

For Jehovah God is a sun and a shield: Jehovah will give grace and glory; No good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

I might as well do the other one now as well, from the other article (I recommend checking the link for the context though, cause I'm skipping quite a bit now):

The Beast Exposed

The Bible book of Daniel sheds much light on the meaning of symbolic beasts. Chapter 7 contains a vivid tableau of “four huge beasts”​—a lion, a bear, a leopard, and a fearsome beast with big teeth of iron. (Daniel 7:2-7) Daniel tells us that these beasts represent “kings,” or political kingdoms, that rule in succession over vast empires.​—Daniel 7:17, 23.

Regarding the beast of Revelation 13:1, 2, The Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible points out that it “combines in itself the joint characteristics of the four beasts of Daniel’s vision . . . Accordingly, this first beast [of Revelation] represents the combined forces of all political rule opposed to God in the world.” This observation is affirmed by Revelation 13:7, which says of the beast: “Authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.”*

Why does the Bible use beasts as symbols of human rulership? For at least two reasons. First, because of the beastly record of bloodshed that governments have accrued over the centuries. “War is one of the constants of history,” wrote historians Will and Ariel Durant, “and has not diminished with civilization or democracy.” How true that “man has dominated man to his injury”! (Ecclesiastes 8:9) The second reason is that “the dragon [Satan] gave to the beast its power and its throne and great authority.” (Revelation 12:9; 13:2) Accordingly, human rulership is a product of the Devil, thus reflecting his beastly, dragonlike disposition.​—John 8:44; Ephesians 6:12.

This does not mean, however, that every human ruler is a direct tool of Satan. Indeed, in one sense, human governments serve as “God’s minister,” giving structure to human society, without which chaos would rule. And some leaders have protected fundamental human rights, including the right to engage in true worship​—something that Satan does not want. (Romans 13:3, 4; Ezra 7:11-27; Acts 13:7) Still, because of the Devil’s influence, no human or human institution has ever been able to bring lasting peace and security to the people.*​—John 12:31.
The Mark Identified

Immediately after disclosing the number 666, Revelation mentions 144,000 followers of the Lamb, Jesus Christ, who have his name and the name of his Father, Jehovah, written on their foreheads. These names identify the bearers as belonging to Jehovah and to his Son, about whom they proudly bear witness. Likewise, those having the mark of the beast proclaim their servitude to the beast. Thus, the mark, whether on the right hand or on the forehead, figuratively speaking, is a symbol that identifies its bearer as one who gives worshipful support to the beastlike political systems of the world. Those having the mark give to “Caesar” that which rightly belongs to God. (Luke 20:25; Revelation 13:4, 8; 14:1) How? By giving worshipful honor to the political state, its symbols, and its military might, to which they look for hope and salvation. Any worship that they render the true God is merely lip service.

In contrast, the Bible urges us: “Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” (Psalm 146:3, 4) Those who heed that wise counsel are not disillusioned when governments fail to deliver on their promises or when charismatic leaders fall from grace.​—Proverbs 1:33.

This does not mean that true Christians sit back and do nothing about mankind’s plight. On the contrary, they actively proclaim the one government that will solve mankind’s problems​—God’s Kingdom, which they represent.​—Matthew 24:14.

Note the ending of this scene:

Context for the video above:

The BIBLE - 3 - Accurate History,Reliable Prophecy
edit on 19-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Except the name Jehova is not in the bible
You people are silly, make stuff up.

It's YHWH, not Jehovah, you talk about truth, you are joking

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

The mark is a law, so any physical mark upon the skin wouldn't matter. It's simply accepting the Roman Catholic Churches law over the law of the Creator of the Universe, that is how you receive the mark of the beast.

Good thing I'm an atheist. I would hate to receive the mark.

Revelation 13:16-17  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:  17  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

ahhh but you're quoting words of men. Like I said, good thing I'm an atheist.

And you quote the words of men when say, "you're quoting the words of men." The difference is the men of the Bible were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write that which has been unconquerable.

No, I'm saying my own words.

You're the one quoting and believing that those are the words of a god figure. I'm not brainwashed .

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's always about you or "us".

But as for other people I don't think it's for us to judge who is good or bad in a heavenly sense, putting it simply. As humans we're capable of both and often enact on our capabilities.

But I'll always have issue that the way to God was basically rigged since Jesus, just from those that ascended before and after, you know as a POV. Doesn't seem right to me.

I guess with my post I was alluding to the refusal of anything unchristian, it's a poor route for a functioning human being and if that's how Christianity fundamentally works then we're all screwed. Heaven will be a lonely place.

I'm not comprehensive on any religion, I've dabbled and learned. Developed my own ways... But, and I say this with a heavy heart (so to speak) I don't think any religion gets it right.

Yeah. I'm not refusing the ticket. If the train comes for me I'll go for that ride. In the mean-times I'll just judge myself. So no, I don't think God should force anyone into any relationship, I value my freewill and try to use it responsibly.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

As we know very very few have been righteous, we're human.

I'm not a god, yet I know you've sinned. Does that mean you cannot go to heaven?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Not sure I really understand your point

Humanity is a mess, everyone and I have noted there are many Christians who are just as messed up if not even a little more messed up than most non christians
God has a standard and nobody meets that standard

Ultimately God doesn't want perfection, God wants relationship with His creation.
The whole garden of Eden thing. The walk and talk of relationship

So if we can't meet the standard, God does for us, through Jesus
Completely
All we have to do is accept Jesus
God will change us

No religion never gets it right, no religion or action will ever please God outside of loving others as Jesus commanded
I have a sneaky suspicion, God doesn't actually hate sin as much as He hates the damage that the sin does to people's lives

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You basically said my point.

And yes, I also imagine it's the suffering that happens which is ultimately his own doing that he'd dislike. I would. It's horrid when ideals are mutilated and become almost void of their purpose.

We're all guilty of it, our hearts will never be lighter than feathers. Personally I don't feel that matters whatsoever.

Doesn't mean we should hate God, we should certainly feel the emotions though. Otherwise what's the point?

Is their a point?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: whereislogic

Except the name Jehova is not in the bible
You people are silly, make stuff up.

It's YHWH, not Jehovah, you talk about truth, you are joking

Hmm, you can let them be. They're still people regardless of beliefs.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

You basically said my point.

And yes, I also imagine it's the suffering that happens which is ultimately his own doing that he'd dislike. I would. It's horrid when ideals are mutilated and become almost void of their purpose.

We're all guilty of it, our hearts will never be lighter than feathers. Personally I don't feel that matters whatsoever.

Doesn't mean we should hate God, we should certainly feel the emotions though. Otherwise what's the point?

Is their a point?

No its not God's own doing, its our freewill choice unless you imagine God forces our choice

Is there a point, well yes
God wants relationship, wants that love from us and to give it back. We are far more than monkeys
Gods promise is peace rest and purpose, ultimately relationship

Guilt might not matter to you but assuredly it does matter to others, there is peace in forgiveness

The point, do you want it or not?

And finally, my friends at JW.org, the organisation that protects paedophiles
I dont appreciate their lies and will call out lies when I see them.
The people I dont mind, the hive like mentality, the constant preaching, telling everyone else that they are wrong and only JW.org is the truth while they are protecting paedophiles, nah

Jesus never fought the governments, ever. Jesus exposed religious corruption

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I dunno man, seems you have a bee in your bonnet. Jehovah's witnesses are people, I try not to blame every Christian for the actions of one.

No its not God's own doing, its our freewill choice unless you imagine God forces our choice 

Nonsense, if I opened a nightclub and easily facilited drug use yet had a couple of warnings on the door and some poor sod looking for a good time dies of an overdose it's ultimately on my hands. I take responsibility for my actions and the knock on effect they have and I'd be damned if I didn't expect an all knowing god to do the same.

Is there a point, well yes 
God wants relationship, wants that love from us and to give it back. We are far more than monkeys 
Gods promise is peace rest and purpose, ultimately relationship 

He has my relationship, I appreciate all the things in my life even the terrible things, but yes. He doesn't necessarily cause them... The devil does though, funny that. And no, no matter how peaceful or caring towards others a person can be it's utter nonsense to say God offers peace and rest for a wee bit loving. He isn't in control of others actions and I've seen enough of it happen to decent people to consider otherwise.
Death, destruction and despair cares not if you're Christian.

And finally, my friends at JW.org, the organisation 

I usually offer them a cup of tea and proceed to talk about Islam or even better a bit of Paganism, not all of them are stuck up. I respect all religions and I'm often pleasantly surprised by other's respect when I least expect it. I judge person's not people.... Well, try to anyways.

Jesus never fought the governments, ever. Jesus exposed religious corruption

I never said he did?

Strange, yeah he exposed the greed and manipulation but he also taught some greatness. He wasn't a fighter, not sure why you're telling me that.

To add:
I know nothing of JW protecting pedo's, do us all a favour and take that information to the relevant authorities. If you're on about convicted one's then for God's sake insist on proper protocol being applied to them in the strongest of manner. Or just kill kiddie fiddlers, I'd fully agree with that. Some humans are cannot be redeemed, dunno. Ask Jesus?
edit on 20-11-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Nonsense,

God gave man a freewill, your nightclub does not have the right or the capacity to deny free will.
Does God facilitate drug use or warn against it
www.openbible.info...

When God went to war in the OT, people moaned and still do the death toll, damned if He does or damned if He doesn't

You have no power over another's choice, a person dies in your night club, do you go to prison, silly argument. Where legally is it on your hands. How do you stop it, kill them all?

You say " I take responsibility for my actions and the knock on effect they have and I'd be damned ..." well now you are saying if you die in a nightclub, the owner facilitated the death, really ... Think, its not hard, you cant have both.
I will give you a tip, dont do drugs, its bad

The devil causes it? Really?
Also I apologise, peace, love and rest, not on this earth, another time, future, definitely not here and now, the promise

I respect people, not religions or organisations, not even christian faiths.
I know, i am in them, people are corrupt

As for JW.org protecting pedos, its common knowledge, the authorities cant force freewill, interesting that bit isnt it. Should charge them knowingly harboring criminals

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Celebrating the Sabbath on the 7th Day is the "mark" by which God will know his people. The mark of the beast, the total perversion of everything God wants, is celebrating the Sabbath on the 1st Day, Sunday. Satan flips everything backwards.

Your point is 100% correct. Keeping Sunday instead of the 7th Day is a complete reversal of the commandment.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Nobody BUT JESUS can keep the law
That's why we need Jesus to atone for our sin, thats why He told us to love God love each other, let love be the whole of the law Romans 13:8-13
Not your Jewish legalism

NOBODY can live up to the law, never could never would
"James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."
Do you understand that scattered TA, do you comprehend you are breaking all laws?

Its redundant, the Mosaic law is redundant, Jesus fulfilled it, thats what He said He did

Jesus has already freed me from sin, I am not under the law, I am under GRACE
New Covenant in Christ

I dont keep jewish law because I am not a Jew
I have the Holy Spirit to guide me, thats why Jesus gave us the Spirit.
I guess you dont have the Spirit ?
You still need the law

You are a Judaiser not a christian ?

Romans 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

John 8:34-36  Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.  35  And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.  36  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Romans 6:18  Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

1 John 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1 John 3:6-8  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.  7  Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.  8  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Go away, think, pray, ask God
Your theology is pretty scattered

That was pure projection.
edit on 24-11-2018 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: Add more

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I am staggered by the scattered babbling

You have pasted my argument as your defense
You have used verses that teach that Jesus is our salvation not our actions
Please spend a little more time studying what you pasted

you actually don't know or understand what Jesus has done for you, it's terrible that the church has lied to you

Jesus died so we could be sin free The Spirit is in us, We are in Jesus and Jesus is in God
And you still think you need to do works for your salvation

I am so sad for you, pharisee

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

re: drug use

all of those are from Paul (curse be upon him) except for the one from Jesus where it says:

"There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him.”

Which is exactly the opposite of most of the page. It is saying it is not drugs or wine that defile you, but your own actions. So theoretically if you are drunk or high and you act properly, it is better to be that person than the sober one who acts improperly, yes?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

re: drug use

all of those are from Paul (curse be upon him) except for the one from Jesus where it says:

"There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him.”

Which is exactly the opposite of most of the page. It is saying it is not drugs or wine that defile you, but your own actions. So theoretically if you are drunk or high and you act properly, it is better to be that person than the sober one who acts improperly, yes?

Really, not that familiar with the bible?
www.biblestudytools.com...

While there is nothing wrong with a little wine, much wine is a poison

I doubt you can be told

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
See the articles I linked. Here, I'll share the last line (the ending conclusion) of the last article:

Hence, this woman named Babylon the Great clearly represents the world empire of false religion, which includes all religions that stand in opposition to Jehovah God.

Which includes Christendom (not just the Roman Catholic Church), which includes the Seventh Day Remnant Church (the source of the video in the OP). All Binitarian and Trinitarian teachings are teachings that come out of Babylon the Great. The teachings of the SDR Church concerning God's identity can be best described as Binitarian (conflating Jesus with his God) as I gathered from reading up on it (they also still teach some form of a Trinity except that they do not consider the holy spirit to be a person, so it's not a traditional Trinity that they teach). False teachings about Jehovah God stand in opposition to Jehovah God. To be clear: Yes I am saying that there are 3 separate Gods. The word Elohim from Genesis 1:1 is plural. The Word also says "Let US make man in OUR image".

Psalm 83:18 (KJV)

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth.

Psalm 84:11 (ASV)

For Jehovah God is a sun and a shield: Jehovah will give grace and glory; No good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

I might as well do the other one now as well, from the other article (I recommend checking the link for the context though, cause I'm skipping quite a bit now):

The Beast Exposed

The Bible book of Daniel sheds much light on the meaning of symbolic beasts. Chapter 7 contains a vivid tableau of “four huge beasts”​—a lion, a bear, a leopard, and a fearsome beast with big teeth of iron. (Daniel 7:2-7) Daniel tells us that these beasts represent “kings,” or political kingdoms, that rule in succession over vast empires.​—Daniel 7:17, 23.

Regarding the beast of Revelation 13:1, 2, The Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible points out that it “combines in itself the joint characteristics of the four beasts of Daniel’s vision . . . Accordingly, this first beast [of Revelation] represents the combined forces of all political rule opposed to God in the world.” This observation is affirmed by Revelation 13:7, which says of the beast: “Authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.”*

Why does the Bible use beasts as symbols of human rulership? For at least two reasons. First, because of the beastly record of bloodshed that governments have accrued over the centuries. “War is one of the constants of history,” wrote historians Will and Ariel Durant, “and has not diminished with civilization or democracy.” How true that “man has dominated man to his injury”! (Ecclesiastes 8:9) The second reason is that “the dragon [Satan] gave to the beast its power and its throne and great authority.” (Revelation 12:9; 13:2) Accordingly, human rulership is a product of the Devil, thus reflecting his beastly, dragonlike disposition.​—John 8:44; Ephesians 6:12.

This does not mean, however, that every human ruler is a direct tool of Satan. Indeed, in one sense, human governments serve as “God’s minister,” giving structure to human society, without which chaos would rule. And some leaders have protected fundamental human rights, including the right to engage in true worship​—something that Satan does not want. (Romans 13:3, 4; Ezra 7:11-27; Acts 13:7) Still, because of the Devil’s influence, no human or human institution has ever been able to bring lasting peace and security to the people.*​—John 12:31.
The Mark Identified

Immediately after disclosing the number 666, Revelation mentions 144,000 followers of the Lamb, Jesus Christ, who have his name and the name of his Father, Jehovah, written on their foreheads. These names identify the bearers as belonging to Jehovah and to his Son, about whom they proudly bear witness. Likewise, those having the mark of the beast proclaim their servitude to the beast. Thus, the mark, whether on the right hand or on the forehead, figuratively speaking, is a symbol that identifies its bearer as one who gives worshipful support to the beastlike political systems of the world. Those having the mark give to “Caesar” that which rightly belongs to God. (Luke 20:25; Revelation 13:4, 8; 14:1) How? By giving worshipful honor to the political state, its symbols, and its military might, to which they look for hope and salvation. Any worship that they render the true God is merely lip service.

In contrast, the Bible urges us: “Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” (Psalm 146:3, 4) Those who heed that wise counsel are not disillusioned when governments fail to deliver on their promises or when charismatic leaders fall from grace.​—Proverbs 1:33.

This does not mean that true Christians sit back and do nothing about mankind’s plight. On the contrary, they actively proclaim the one government that will solve mankind’s problems​—God’s Kingdom, which they represent.​—Matthew 24:14.

Note the ending of this scene:

Context for the video above:

The BIBLE - 3 - Accurate History,Reliable Prophecy

As someone who is Seventh Day Remnant that is factually incorrect when you talk about the beliefs regarding the Godhead. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are 3 separate Persons, and yes, the Holy Spirit is a God. Trinity means 3 in 1, which is a false doctrine (only 1 God, but three personalities). Hebrews 1:8-9 shows God the Father calling His Son, God (showing conversation between two separate Divine Beings). 1 John 5:7 says there are 3 that bear record in heaven. The oneness there indicates unity, and not stating that They are literally one Being. Jesus also called Himself the, "I AM" in John 8:58.
edit on 4-12-2018 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: More information

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join