It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange And Hot Is Lurking Beneath Antarctica's Ice

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
100% Rothschild Nazi yetis.
No doubt about it

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Nice contribution and quite interesting!

Hope this isn't the bottomless pit I read about somewhere.

Keep those drills away....

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I would have gone with the "Leviathan"

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Thought you'd get a kick out of that, lol.

a reply to: ConspiracyofRavens

Thank you very much. I've always had an interest in earth science and I like to step away from politics now and again since so much of the threads around here seem to be focused solely on that. It makes for a nice break.

In regards to the bottomless pit, I doubt that this is anything like that. There are kilometers of ice overlaying the bedrock under which this hot spot was found. Even the Lake Vostok drilling site is much much shallower than the depth of ice in the area covered by this.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Totally agree, Nazi yeti bonfire

Interesting thought, what would this heat source look and act like without all that ice coverage?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Russian scientists have penetrated Antarctic Lake Vostok recently over 2.2 miles below the solid ice, so it shows that we could possibly do the same. I think the biggest problem was the hole closing up behind the core probe and there was a lot of controversy over the chemicals used to keep the bore open may contaminate what they were looking for.

But here it is a geologic mystery we want to solve, and is most likely very doable.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

But here it is a geologic mystery we want to solve, and is most likely very doable.
We need a first hand look!

www.boringcompany.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

www.boringcompany.com...

That is Elon Musk's company. The one that sells the public flamethrowers, no less.
So they really are in tunnels as the name suggests. One could also argue that the govy has been building incredible tunnels for years, and could indeed have some outstanding technology to do that as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

There are some interesting finding coming out of that area these days. I'm keeping a very close eye on what's transpiring there.

As more independents venture down there, I think we'll see years of deception come to a halt.

I agree. Ancient Builders stuff, along with high technology is coming out soon, I think.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Meanwhile...between two kilometers of ice and politics...lies one of the best threads currently on ATS...
edit on 17-11-2018 by Enderdog because: Just a lack of r value...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

www.boringcompany.com...

Thank you. That fills a big gap.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Antarctica enthralls me. S&F for this badass thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Clearly the Predators have returned and are having their annual hunt at the hidden pyramid where they keep their concealed alien queen.

In order to prove it, we just need to reunite Bruce WIllis and Ben Afflek for one last drilling job.

I smell sequal and mashup all in one on a scale only Sy-Fy can handle.

On a serious note, there is still a lot about old mother earth we don't know. I'm glad the old girl is still full of surprises. Life would be pretty boring otherwise.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Nice find. Good indication on how the cave oasis locations are being warmed.

Since the video on the thread shared about that is no longer there-

UNDISCOVERED Species are Lurking in Warm Oasis Beneath Antarctica's Ice

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

My first thought was some form of volcanism in the area but your comment about radiation reminded me of naturally occurring fission reactions that evidence in favor of had been discovered in areas of Africa where uranium deposits have been found with Correction: lower amounts of U235 not more U238.

I was thinking the same thing, i too have heard about the reactions in africa, less hiroshima more natures nuclear reactors. I'm guessing this is harmless, unless some idiot says "hold my beer and watch this" as he drills to the hot zone and ignites a megaton of TNT.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
thanks for non-political topic

Cthulhu anyone?

any volunteers to drill into it?

No thanks I’ve seen alien vs predator.
Agreeed that this could be a natural “reactor” producing the heat.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: watchitburn

My first thought was some form of volcanism in the area but your comment about radiation reminded me of naturally occurring fission reactions that evidence in favor of had been discovered in areas of Africa where uranium deposits have been found with Correction: lower amounts of U235 not more U238.

I was thinking the same thing, i too have heard about the reactions in africa, less hiroshima more natures nuclear reactors. I'm guessing this is harmless, unless some idiot says "hold my beer and watch this" as he drills to the hot zone and ignites a megaton of TNT.

A megaton of TNT in the natural reactor would not creat a nuclear explosion just a huge dirty bomb.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
well another supervolcano under the ice-sheet ?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yes, as I have been trying for years to discuss the Ice was melting from underneath due to more volcanic activity. Lately I have moved toward explaining it with the magnetic pole shift example of magma following the new location creating new hot spots. Clearly magma is heating things quite well and we need to know this is not man made.

edit on 18-11-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
well another supervolcano under the ice-sheet ?

That would be the mother of all phreatic explosions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join