It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd happend and would like community input.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Appreciate the sentiments MS.

The home, according to the authors description, has been modernized over the years while keeping the character intact.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
originally posted by: JinMI

Was perusing Zillow a few days ago and found a farm. From the looks of it, the owners are/were having trouble keeping up with it.

Money pit for wells, pipes, electricity, but I love old farmhouses so I get it!

Through all these rooms, some under construction, some with people from seemingly a different era (50s/60's as I would surmise from her description). Some things broken, more things new. There are people in these rooms and she asks where I'm at or states that she is looking for me.

TBH a house is usually how you view your life in awake time. There are parts of her life she is constructing, and parts she feels she is renovating. The change coming is a little daunting for her.

The all tell her the same thing with a friendly smile, "he's around front."

Looking for someone is searching for security or meaning in your life> You are her security, you are her true north.

When I asked her why she was so clearly upset she said because some of the people she ran into were dead. Some she was estranged from. Some she just hadn't seen in years.

To dream of someone who you are estranged from signifies your desire to rebuild a connection or relationship with this person OR to learn from the nature of that relationship what went wrong, so as to not repeat that mistake in life...it is likely a warning. It may also mean reconnecting an aspect of your own self that you have ignored or abandoned. Dead people isn't literal, it can be bad luck, it could be a haunted house lol, or most likely she sees moving to a new place away from family and friends as a death to make a new beginning.

edit on 15-11-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Appreciate the thoughts Zazz.

We've come to the realization, much along the same lines you did, in the light of the day.

The really perplexing issue here is the 'castle' from her dreams and the house and property I have been pining over and researching during her sleeping hours.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if a wee guardian angel was looking over your shoulder on Zillow then whispering in her ear as she slept

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

You witches never cease to amaze me. Wouldn't be surprised in the least.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

How similar is a farm house to a castle??

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Fascinating chit, seriously some people believe couples especially long term couples can be connected psychically somewhat and be able pick up vibes from their partner. Again supposedly has nothing to do with an emotional bond per se,but it more about the pair being able to send project if you will signals and the other being attentive enough to pick up on them. Ive read where people are more receptive while sleeping too. Id try an experiment and tell you wife that you are going to try and go to sleep while thinking something intently and see if she can pick up on it.

And yea Id look for another place, because again its all speculation, but persons open to such things may be more receptive to picking up spirits and what not.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Traditionally speaking? Not even close. She described stone high walls and a vast courtyard. The property in question has high fieldstone foundations for it's 5 or so outbuildings that surround a pasture of sorts.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I hear that, often we get vibes that aren't our own. Later down the line we find out that our families or close friends are going through some sort of emotional turbulence.

She will go with me when/if we look at the place. I would trust her intuition upon actually laying eyes on it and being there as opposed to a premonitious dream.

She has seen it in picture and very much likes it.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

I hear that, often we get vibes that aren't our own. Later down the line we find out that our families or close friends are going through some sort of emotional turbulence.

She will go with me when/if we look at the place. I would trust her intuition upon actually laying eyes on it and being there as opposed to a premonitious dream.

She has seen it in picture and very much likes it.

Glad you listen to her vibes, its weird my ex wife and I had that kind of connection. Id be traveling out of town and be asleep middle of the night and would just get a hint of a dream like she was awakened or disturbed. Not enough to call right then but enough so I called her first thing in the morning. Found out she was awakened around that time because our dog was sick and throwing up. Had a few more instances while we were married for about 13 years. After we were divorced about 6-9 months later her father was sick, but his passing wasn't eminent. However I just got a vibe one evening and found out he had passed that night, funny thing we were barely talking then.

Much later situation was reversed my father was in the hospital and he passed about 45 minutes after midnight, I was the only one there and it was very surreal. Got a call from ex late the next day, she had heard from our daughters that morning, but she said she woke up about one that morning thinking Papa(what we all called Dad) and kind of knew that was 3 years ago. A lot went into her and I relationship we were both young and had a quick fast burning relationship you get in your late teens early twenties, stayed married 13 years but we got divorced in 2002. We had few weird thing happen in those 13 years though.

link   
dup post
edit on 15-11-2018 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

link   
dup post
edit on 15-11-2018 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Jin - "knowing" y'all THIS is it! You will face many trials through this process but it sounds like a home just found YOU! 🏡
We all have our true home, you know I've found mine

edit on 11/16/2018 by Martin75 because: Added pic

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger

Appreciate the sentiments MS.

The home, according to the authors description, has been modernized over the years while keeping the character intact.

And THATS what's bothering me...it's just my perception...and I'm usually...not always spot on.

*I had a very odd dream after I posted to you here...that very night. If you'd like to pursue things...find out what you can, and p.m. me after.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

a reply to: notsure1

That would be an fairly reasonable action. However, we like weird!

A "scary" dream isn't always a bad thing. It ses to me her subconscious anxieties are jealous of this new endeavor you have delved into, maybe she feels left out or overwhelmed or left behind while you are making all the decisions and doing all the research and having all the fun and shes just along for the ride. I'm not trying to insinuate anything, it's just something you may or may not want to at least consider.

Its just an inpression I got...she lost you in the castle and everyone was telling her you are right in front but the size and complexity of this home (which can symbolize the Endeavor of buying a new home, which is also a large and complex thing many get lost within mentally and emotionally) prevented her from finding her way. Almost like, from her perspective at least, you aren't in this "together" or not as together as she would subconsciously like to be. Of course our subconscious desires are not necessarily rational.

Houses/buildings can also symbolize the dreamers own life. A nice tidy house would mean your life is in order, her house seemed confusing and chaotic, but at least it wasnt totally run down and condemned.

This is no reflection on the two of you of course, I fully know I could be way off and of course there is the very significant fact that she recognized the home but imo, that doesnt NECESSARILY negate the usual dream symbolisms as well which may be overlayed along with the supernatural aspect of the experience. Or even if I am right on target it doesn't necessarily indicate anything in particular that would paint you, your wife, your relationship with your wife, your family, your career choice, taste in neck ties etc., etc., etcetera, in a bad light.

It could also just just be the fear of the unknown. Even if you win the lottery and decide to purchase and move to an island somewhere that fear is still there because you don't know what your future holds because predictablility has been all but removed from the equation. (some might say having money gives you the power to make life a little more predictable but there are plenty of things money cannot effect) We are still animals who, deep down, enjoy predictability and hate/fear the unknown.

Subconscious stress of the future brings up memories of the past which explains her seeing people she knew.

However I would definitely not (how could you?) forget all about the potential for supernatural happenings. Maybe if you get a chance, take her there and see what kind of feelings she and you have in person. It could be a good thing that she had a dream about it. *shrug* Or maybe its not good or bad, maybe she just lived a past life in that house or has an ancestor who lived there and so she feels a link. It would be cool if you discovered she has a family history linked to the place. But that would be a pretty convincing evidence for existence of the supernatural, (at least for those of us who "know" and trust you a little) and we are never gonna get that lol...

*Yes, i know there is some convincing evidence out there depending who you talk to and what your standards are so please dont everyone chime in just to correct me. if you have something you yourself experienced and is Also relevant to the thread im sure jinmi would love to hear about it)

Good luck bro and thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Jess!!

Would be many hurdles and trials, yes in acquiring the said property. Interesting cascade of events to say the least and I couldn't agree more. We all have a true home and sometimes it finds you.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I would say,proceed with caution.Like,a Lot of caution. If your wife merely had this dream ,but she recognised this place you want to move to..this just seems weird. I had a dream once, and i would prefer to not disclose it, but in hindsight it heralded the future. Just be careful.
edit on 16-11-2018 by Jasona because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Not too far off there 'nigma. The rooms are apt for what is happening in her/our life.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'd find a psychic that works with pictures and email the pictures of the property to them.

Deb Webbed is online. She is an Aussie psychic and worked on Sensing Murder (TV show).

You don't want a haunted house.

Even if it doesn't bother you, ghosts can scare the # out of kids and get them doing odd stuff.

Been there, done that.

Ring around the town and ask if it's haunted.

About couples, I had a boyfriend that got his wife's (when they were together) morning sickness.
He'd be puking, while she was fine.

One day we were supposed to go fishing, but I'd been drinking till 3 am. He turned up, all cheery, breakfast for me.

I was desperately trying to pretend I wasn't sick, dying and hungover.

He put breakfast on my bed, then bolted to the bathroom, puking his guts up. He managed to yell, "you f...ing bitch, you've got a hang over, haven't you".

I was feeling so much better, that I ate both our breakfasts, and he curled up in bed, hating me till he fell asleep.

A couple of months later he turned up unexpectedly, I asked him why, he said he was going fishing. Weird. Then I felt crook.

I told him I was feeling crook and he said "good, got you back, I'm feeling heaps better now", and he took off laughing and went fishing.

Yep, he gave me his hangover.

I couldn't really complain because the hangover I gave him was heaps worse than the one he gave me.

I don't know how he did it,
it was definitely deliberate.
And he was very pleased with him self.

One guy, I was with for 8 years and he became psychotic with PTSD (ambulance officer) .

I'd get his symptoms, 75km away. We used to fight about him taking his medication, because it was hard for me to function with his panic attacks.

When he got smoke in his eyes, I was driving, and my eyes were stinging and burning. I pulled over a few times and stopped at the local shop.
The fire brigade chief couldn't figure what I've driven through to make my eyes burn, but stuck me under the fire tank and washed me down.

It was a week later, when I saw him, and asked if he'd done anything to his eyes after I had left.
That's when he told me he had thrown green wattle on the fire and made his eyes sting.

His doctor thought this was fascinating, his aunty thought it romantic. It was hell.

If he took Valium when I was driving, I would get sleepy.

Anyway, find a good medium to check out the house, ghosts are not fun.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI I have always been a very vivid dreamer. I have dreams I can remember from when I was child that stick with me.

About 11 years ago my hubs and I bought a modest house, and ever since, I have this repeated, frequent dream about buying a house. The house in my dream isn't our actual house, but it this other house, huge, but the previous owners stuff is left behind. So many rooms...all filled with furniture and things. Dressers with someone else's clothes, desk drawers with other people's pictures and papers. Everytime, I will find some room I haven't seen before and I'll think 'I didn't know this was here!' And I'll start going through stuff and putting it into Keep and Throw Away piles. But after while I get overwhelmed because there so much and I think of the other rooms that need to be cleaned....The weird thing is, I kind of enjoy these dreams. I like discovering something new...like it's hopeful. But I hate I can never get the house cleaned out and put together.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join