It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd happend and would like community input.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I just don't think we're capable ourselves although it is something we believe to be true.

I think she just proved that she could....

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Darkblade71

I certainly agree with your assessment on dreams, meanings and interpretation of.

What is different is the time gap between when I was searching, when she had the dream and when I told and showed her the property.

Because if you have been together long enough and are really attached to one another (life mate) then your subconscious and hers share a bit of space together.

I've had that happen with my wife as well, on weird things that we are not even both thinking about.

Couple that with thinking about buying a hobby farm and the anxiety about moving and settling into an unknown, and there you go.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Certainly sounds like it.

Although, I thought it had to be intentional?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Think of it as your new dream house....house of your dreams.

I once owned a beautiful 120 yr. old home which I renovated back to it's former glory. Stained glass/gargoyles/amazing woodwork throughout.
Long since moved out...and for years afterwards...even recently...my BEST dreams all take place in that home.

Sometimes, a home and it's owners just belong together.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Would be completely plausible if she would have known beforehand.

Now inject your first statements into the equation and it all makes sense, in theory.

To my highly untrained knowledge on the subject, there are more factors than the simplicity of that explanation. I'll make a quick list.

-Castle. (home, self, protection)
-Fences, many of them, some broken, some fixed, some new, some old, some metal, some wood etc (barriers, obstacles)
-Separation from significant other and looking (this one is obvious)
-Rooms (different parts of her) some fixed, some under construction, some relaxing, some fantasy
-People known all happy, some deceased, some alive, some unknown, some estranged. (loss of connection, missing them)

The way her face looked when she saw the photos of the house I was looking at was surely something to see. Her describing it beforehand really made me double take.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You should be a realtor Tat! That's a trap I'd like to not fall into. "the ________ of your dreams!" Although, never seen a discussion as apt as this one to my own contrary.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Although, I thought it had to be intentional?

Doesn't have to be.
Think about it this way...

Most premonitions are accidental. Most people don't try to have them, they just suddenly do, be it dream or vision, most of the time it is not a conscious decision although perhaps the "higher self" or sub-conscious has a role in it, but your awake self doesn't know it.

Now, if you have read about, and researched on a type of premonition or experience and are trying to have them, often times you won't experience it until you stop trying.

The sub conscious mind is like a sponge and takes in everything you read and if it is useful, at some point it will regurgitate back to you what you put into it, and if it was a lesson on how to do something, you might experience what you were trying to learn how to do.
It could be years later but if it is a real thing you were trying to learn,
if it is doable,eventually you will experience it.
Or at least that is how I believe some of it works.
I hope this makes some sense.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Would be completely plausible if she would have known beforehand.

Now inject your first statements into the equation and it all makes sense, in theory.

To my highly untrained knowledge on the subject, there are more factors than the simplicity of that explanation. I'll make a quick list.

-Castle. (home, self, protection)
-Fences, many of them, some broken, some fixed, some new, some old, some metal, some wood etc (barriers, obstacles)
-Separation from significant other and looking (this one is obvious)
-Rooms (different parts of her) some fixed, some under construction, some relaxing, some fantasy
-People known all happy, some deceased, some alive, some unknown, some estranged. (loss of connection, missing them)

The way her face looked when she saw the photos of the house I was looking at was surely something to see. Her describing it beforehand really made me double take.

I am in the oil field business. I like structural engineering and making things easier to do in my career field and others.

I once spent a few months essentially trying to make something 25 degrees colder.

Doesn't sound like a big thing, but doing that in this particular application would save oil companies tens of thousands of dollars a month per wellsite with the equipment we run.

That also isn't a big thing on a wellsite, but would also up my production about 8-10% per site... a big thing for me.

It had to be something that wasn't dependent on outside power, couldn't be done with a kinetic or thermal energy source and needed to be idiot-proof.

I don't talk to my wife about the specifics of my work at all... she is really good with numbers in the abstract but I wouldn't trust her with making a bird house.

I paced and thought about it at length one night, ended up giving up and going to bed.

When we had breakfast the next morning she described a dream she had.. it was an odd one for her because it was all about numbers and pressure and a Jewel and a town close to us... Thompson Falls.

The Jewel was really important to her because it made the town cooler.

What I eventually unraveled later that day was a perfect mechanical way to achieve what I wanted.

For the record, it is called the Joule–Thomson effect.

So yea...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You should be a realtor Tat! That's a trap I'd like to not fall into. "the ________ of your dreams!" Although, never seen a discussion as apt as this one to my own contrary.

Thanks....I think.

Funny thing was, when I first was shown this old place by the realtor, I KNEW I had to own it...it felt like it had always been mine.

Quick story...It came with a ghost.
I was upstairs, alone, while my wife was downstairs with the realtor. The door to the servant's hallway opened slowly on it's own...and a misty shadow was there.

I was absolutely not afraid...and said to it; "You have an amazing home, sir." (It felt male).
I felt the ghost approved.

We put in an offer...which came in just below a competing offer.
We were at our limit, so we sadly had to let it go.

A day or two later, we were told the higher offer inexplicably dropped out...and the home became ours.

For the many years we lived there...we always felt the ghost was there with us...even watching over us, protectively.

Many years later...and taking in to account the dreams I still have of that favorite home...I sometimes wonder if that ghost was actually me, visiting back in time from my future dreams...or even my own ghost after I pass away, hopefully, many years from now.

edit on 15-11-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

We'll see if it's still on the market when our means justify. I certainly believe there is a certain amount of kismet involved here.

Maybe we'll just have to go take a look at it.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

That is an ongoing thing in our home as well. We often fill in the blank of the missing piece to whatever life puzzle we happen to be working out at those moments.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It certainly does and I appreciate your input.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Maybe she was seeing the details through your eyes/soul as you studied the photos.
And maybe her dead acquaintances were connected through the Cival War Era time somehow.
She kept searching for You because you were “lost” in your excitement over the prospect of that property.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

That is an ongoing thing in our home as well. We often fill in the blank of the missing piece to whatever life puzzle we happen to be working out at those moments.

I personally think you should give the property a go.

After all, all the signs are there...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It sounds like your Wife seeing the deceased friends or family, to me, that there could be a need for security with the decision youre about to make, is she insecure about new foundations, maybe?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SleepyDude

Maybe.

I certainly would agree with her should she ever share that sentiment. However she to this date has not.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I think overall it can be way cheaper eventually especially if you own it.

There's way less stress out there.
Peace n Quiet.

A lot more liberty too actually.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I grew up in the city. Got smart and moved out. Got dumb and moved back. I'm working on getting smart again.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Civil war era definitely means no insulation. Maybe even a termite or 2. Reminds me of a movie, The Money Pit. Don't buy old.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Don't know...I always been a "sensitive" and I don't get good vibes for you.

There are 100 years of stories and movies where a family finds the "perfect home" and then......

Civil war era farm? Check with local historian...either in regards to Centennial or Bi-Centenial historic properties.

We had a 100+ yr old historically designated Centennial Farm held by same family over 100 yrs. Had no running water, hand pump in kitchen, outhouse for toilet.

Didn't have it many yrs...2 native Americans buried out the side of the house.

Check it out at least? Property, area history, home, family...all. My initial feelings are not good ones...

God bless...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join