It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much can someone's physical appearance change your initial perception?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Odd how you didn’t want this to be about Trump yet post a pic of him as an example, I’m not surprised by the responses at all. ATS seems obsessed with the guy anyway.

Back on topic, I remember a good example of how a guy dressed in a tracksuit looking a bit disheveled collapsed in a busy street and everyone just ignored him. When the same guy dressed in a suit did the same thing a bunch of people checked up on him to make sure he was ok.

In summary appearances are everything.

I think I saw that same program. Or something very very similar...

I seem to remember another program that was done with women. Attractive women are treated very different than homely women. Of course some of us have matured beyond the high school/Hollywood construct of what is considered beautiful but we all know what is Considered beautiful and what is Not Considered to be beautiful.

If you stop to help a homely woman, she might be a drug addict, but either way you know she's gotta have enormous problems... why? Because people dont treat them as well as more attractive women so of course their life is gonna be harder and the problems are going to accumulate.

A pretty woman probably just needs a ride not too far away, and besides you will get to be hanging out with a beautiful woman during the drive so if its a little out of the way, it's no biggie... Shes had an easy life, what real problems could She have?

A homely woman is probably being evicted and needs someone to help her spend the next two days moving all her crap to her sisters or moms house so she doesnt know what shes gonna do. Or something like that which is a total nightmare that you dont even want to get involved with.

Besides, homely girls are tough, due to their difficult life, so you know if they are crying, its gotta be something bad. Pretty girls cry over any little thing so whatever their issue is, it probably will be easy time fix it and look like a hero.

This is sad but true.

In response to the bolded (by me) section:

We are obsessed with power and power structures.

Its not an bad idea to keep tabs on someone who has influence over your life. Your boss, your president, the chairman of your homeowners association, the mailman. I have extensive files on my mailman. He's good. He just quit smoking which has me a little concerned, but I arranged for him to accidentally meet a "date" (hooker) to help him deal with that stress. I'm his cable guy so it wasn't difficult to arrange, we just had a karaoke party at his house and we plied him with booze....

"Dont you WANT somebody to love? Doooont you NEED. Somebody to love?"
edit on 1/3/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Beard and mustache = rapist.

This is common knowledge.

NO it's Tash = Pede.
Beard = Seksi mean mountain man.
edit on 3-1-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Have you been waxing? You look less molest-y.

edit on 3-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The bearded lady of ATS does not wax, but always coiffs her facial hair to a fine assemble of curls and waves.

(post by Assemble removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

my mailman............but I arranged for him to accidentally meet a "date" (hooker) to help him deal with that stress.

Wait wait wait!!! Am I the only one that caught this?
I thought I was generous for giving my garbage man a 40 dollar tip, but this... Is this what people do for their mailmen?
How bad do you want your mail? No wonder all my mail gets lost..

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: Gothmog

How much can someone's physical appearance change your initial perception?

< 1%

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure every guy has met at least one woman whom your initial perception was that of an angel and they turned out to be Satan.

I married one that was just the opposite.
40 years ago

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join