It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's just Nuke em before they Nuke US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
That picture is of the results of the Nagasaki Bomb!

We all know that if the bomb had not been dropped it would have meant the war would not have ended and more lives would have been lost.

Whether or not the bombs ended the war earlier is a topic of much debate.
Although one would think dropping these bombs on military targets would be the logical choice, correct?

The fact is, Nagasaki and Hiroshima were virtually untouched by previous US bombing raids, and they also contained a very minimal amount of military installations. Both cities were not used for 'war work' or anything that could be used to fund the military effort (which is why the US did not bomb them previously).

To further the effect of how that picture (posted by souljah) is upsetting, is that of the 70,000 people that died in the plutonium blast on Nagasaki, only 150 of them were military personal...

Add to that the fact that most Japanese civilian houses at the time were made entirely out of wood, and it would not be difficult to envision the fire storm that would have erupted after the impact.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Johnny Redburn]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The technology was so new at the time, Truman didn't realize the full ramifications of his decision. If anything positive came from this, it is that we have iron-clad, documented, photographed proof of what these weapons do to humans. Without these bombs being detonated, it would all essentially be theory. All the science in the world couldn't replicate what happens when one is actually dropped on a city.

If the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki had not happened, someone else would have been the victim of the first and only use of atomic weapons against an enemy on earth. What's more, it could have come against someone with the capability to fight back.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
seekerof,

first of all, when talking about history,
you are not really talking about "the truth", for two reasons:

1.history is always written by winners
2.history is a lie we all agree upon (napolen bonaparte)

so, judging by these two statements,
i guess we will never know what really happened,
and why.
we will just know what "they told us that happened".
and that is something that is the undeniable truth?

and the same thing is with the news today.
we dont really "know what is going on",
we just read what is going on.
we are not there.
we do not see it.
we do not hear it.
so we can just read about it.

but for all the americans it was the correct choice to drop the a-bomb on japs and blast them ouf of pacific, for two reasons:

1.the u.s. first made the bomb, and they HAVE to be the FIRST to use to show the world
2.the u.s. first made the bomb, and have to TEST it and see the effect on "real targets"

ok, if you really HAVE TO drop it,
drop it!
but on military targets.
drop it on the main navy port,
on the main airforce base,
on the main army base.
but to drop it on a city?
mostly civilan population?
why?

i think you dont like me,
nor my opinion, from the beginning.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Your opinion is your own, Souljah.

The difference is whether one agrees with it or not, correct?

Apparently, I didn't.
The fact remains, that despite your explanation for how you think History is written, indications are that you have never once seriously, objectively, or constructively bothered to find out 'why' the decision to drop the A-bombs was made. I know this for sure, you are no historian.

Again, you are welcome to your beliefs and opinions, but in matters such as this, your word and "openmindness" is not comforting and is certainly one that I do not agree with. Opinions, sir, are made to be argued for or against. The difference is in what is presented to back your opinions and then the credibility and validity of your sourcings/backings. Thats what separates History from history, because there is a difference.

seekerof

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I for one feel that Bush has done nothing but alienate our country and the citizens therein. He being the spokes person for our country has resulted in making all of us American's look like butts and bullys.
Let's repress and keep China and Iran, Russia etc...under the proverbial thumb so they cannot develope and grow militarily. There are other superpowers out there, we cannot be the only ones.
I would like to express to all non-american's posting on these threads that I do not support what our leaders are doing. There are honest American citizens who believe that we haven't the right to sanction everyone and threaten others liberties.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by DDay]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Um, even I would say NO to this option.

Nukes are a last resort option.

If we nuked anyone, the world would pit a war against us, not just yelling out threats from time to time.

-wD

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Let's put it this way:

Until I see a GW Bush monument posted up in every city, and armed guards and barbed wire around every corner, I'm not worried. The day that happens, the resistance begins.

A great man once said that being a true patriot is not about being loyal, but about doing what is right for the country.

On the other hand, if the U.S. is ever invaded by an outside country, I'll be on the front lines fighting for the good 'ol red, white, and blue. And I can tell you, that is more than alot of people on this site are willing to do.

The scale leans both ways, it just depends who happens to be right and who happens to be wrong when that first bullet goes flying.

That day is coming, I fear, though.

-wD

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I Say Fight Fire with Fire. if they want to kill our people then we kill twice as many of theirs.

Unfortunately, Neon Haze, the society we live in is perhaps too politically correct at times - not to mention the double standards of racism we live with today in the U.S.

If it was up to a lot of people, this is the way it would be, however, the large minority of people disagree.

That is what happens when you get a democracy, my friend.

-wD

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

On the other hand, if the U.S. is ever invaded by an outside country, I'll be on the front lines fighting for the good 'ol red, white, and blue. And I can tell you, that is more than alot of people on this site are willing to do.

I agree with that and I would too. If first blood was drawn I would come out swingin'. But dont' you think we have lost sight of the real issue? It's as if we playing punch bug with these countries.
Saw a nuke facility - punch bug
Saw military beefing up - punch bug
Someone is going to start punching back. We are pissing people off and are the reasons true to the best interest of our country?
We keep smacking people in the face and eventually someone is going to smack back and then it really won't be pretty.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Forget it, it's an inside joke.

Hahahaha lol I like that...

V Funny....

Neon

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
So NK has announced that they consider the UN Sanctions a declaration of war. and will attack anyone who moves to uphold the sanction.

So does that mean Japan is first in line???

many a missile have found there way into the sea of Japan... what if one were to have just even a 1 mton nuke warhead??

as I said all that long ago..

Nuke em before they nuke us...

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
If you condone the murder and suffering of millions simply because u feel threatend... even though they havent THREATEND YOU..

you have no soul.

Im sure your time will come to burn in hell and suffer, like you believe innocnet people should!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
If you condone the murder and suffering of millions simply because u feel threatend... even though they havent THREATEND YOU..

you have no soul.

Im sure your time will come to burn in hell and suffer, like you believe innocnet people should!

You obviously haven't read the whole thread.

I said AIR STRIKES!!!

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Neon there is one big problem with your suggestion, what if others see the UK/USA as a threat and nuke us first, have you thought about that. Any suggestion of nuking is ignorant beyond all reasoning, such an attack could triger a world wide conflagration all based on they might hit us first. Do you think other countries will sit back and and let us unleash nuke weapons on people who cannot fight back, Why would Iran, NK wish to attack the UK/US, are you letting the media lies get to you.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Neon there is one big problem with your suggestion, what if others see the UK/USA as a threat and nuke us first, have you thought about that. Any suggestion of nuking is ignorant beyond all reasoning, such an attack could triger a world wide conflagration all based on they might hit us first. Do you think other countries will sit back and and let us unleash nuke weapons on people who cannot fight back, Why would Iran, NK wish to attack the UK/US, are you letting the media lies get to you.

What do you think the people of UK and US would say after they get hit by a nuke? Do you think they would feel the same as you after thier friends and families are vaporised and our lands poluted for 30 years +

Maybe the pre-emtive strike may sound harsh but if an attack is a certainty then I say it is the most prudent course of action.

As for the current situation with NK I would say nuke thier test site.

Then airstrikes on all military targets.

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's so easy for you to say nuke them cause you are not directly targeted. I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if it was London that was the target. That's the problem with society so quick to kill people and not get down to the real issues. Why is NKorea so pissed off? Anyone? Do you really think they are doing this all by themselves. Com'n now. It's a little more twisted than that. Why are they calling out the United States? Why not fight for South Korea? I think it's China putting them up to this. They are allies. Push the U.S. and if anything happens we will support you. Why do you think the Chinese are not even boarding their ships. They are all playing a big game and the U.S. better be a little smarter than playing at there level. Leave NK alone. Back up Taiwon, SK and Japan. Let them all work it out. Fug already. People in power are real idiots.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
Is this proof that life in the Universe is just a random act of chance? How else could closing your eyes and bashing the keyboard result in sentences of this nature? I mean no one would deliberately type this....would they?

LOL
. I laughed a lot about your comment. So true and so damn funny. Close your eyes and bash keyboard....HAHAHAHA

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join