It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite American Air Force

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Combat Control , Combat Weather and support , Air force commando , Green Hornets , AFSOC STARS and as mentioned , Pararescue.

They are all AirForce and all tough hombres.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
DW! How rude!

Took you long enough!
[qutoe]
I will remember that, you kilt wearing, haggis munching little goit
!! Don't make me kick you in the balls again

You remember that when I launch my 1 man invasion of england....
lol you missed, got very bad aim.....

At least we have a decent Rugby team.....oh, and a decent Football team...

Like we care?
We're just in it to get drunk and watch folk play...no one takes it seriosly.
Besides....arent england on the way to the wooden spoon?

(sorry to go off topic, but DW is a cheeky little monkey)

I speak the truth!
Yeah sorry for going off topic.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by Broadsword
If you want to be around a bunch of military folk who don't seem to realize they're in the military, go Air Force. But they have the lousiest basic training (6 weeks) and the silliest PT, so the people are incredibly soft and whiny, and I've heard this from Air Force folk themselves. Only in the Air Force will people complain about the facilities when they are the best in the military.

Hmm, care to say that in front of a couple of my ex-fellow Pararescue mates? Be careful how you play your cards when comparing services. But hey, tis only my humble small bit of advice for the day.

seekerof

SeekerOf, those guys make up about the top 3% of the Air Force. The majority of the Air Force is nothing in comparison.

If you look at the standards and training of Marine Corps aviation, they're in general, better pilots than Army aviators. But an Army 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment pilot is going to be far better trained than any standard Marine pilot.

I was referring to what types of people one is generally surrounded by in the military branches, not what elite soldier-types each service has.

The Air Force has actually been so reluctant to support the Army in certain incidences, that the Congress has even placed certain Air Force divisions under Army command.

And a lot of those Air Force Pararescueman and Commandos and such are oftentimes prior Navy SEALS, Army Rangers, etc....and then they switch over.

They all say they are proud to where the Air Force insignia though.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by Broadsword20068]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Dear all,

I just thought I would bump this one along as it seems to have dropped off the bottom of most radars.

Cheers

BHR

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join