It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Elite American Air Force

page: 7
0
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
::shrugs::

Same old, Same old.

American/Tech/Personnel vs the World and how they could take them allll on. The joys of living in a fairy tale world I suppose, I betya that CNN aren't to blame either ::cough::

The inability to accept a differing view point, other than the standardly assumed position of the US is the greatest, the inability to even consider the possibility that the US is the best, might not be true. Like I said, same old same old.

- Phil


[edit on 14-4-2005 by gooseuk]




posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The U.S. military isn't the best in every single freaking category, its impossible to be. But we do have the better tech in the majority of the categories and our training is very good.
People often talk out our training not being as good as other counties, well if you have 5 people in your military like the UK then perhaps you can spend more time training them.



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
have a "we kick a22, you suck" attude in general and especially about the military. Except those that are or were in the service and had the PRIVELEDGE of serving with troops from other countries, especially in their back yard.

Honestly American forces are not homogenous, and troop qualities can vary greatly from battlion to battlion and squadron to squadron.

I've served with Ausrtrailians, Brits, Columbians, Panamians and RoKs.

Let me tell you no American has ever served with RoK Marines and not been somewhat humbled, and if ever faced with the prospect of fight against Panamian or Columbian troops in their jungle I would pale.

I think there is an inherent lack of respect for the capabilites of others especially if they come from a Third World country but no better infantry in the world exists than the Ghurkas. This attitude has caused the US problems in recent years ..It ok to be proud of your self but not at the beliitlement of other.

Some of the more jingoistic here (US Brit Persian or Chinese) remind me of the skit on SNL for Da Bahrs.


[edit on 14-4-2005 by Apollyon]

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Apollyon]

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Apollyon]



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Apollyon,

I thank you, I have had some faith restored in the American Military Machine, I have also had the honour to have spent some interesting times with some US forces and you are more than correct, troop effectiveness differ from brick to brick, company to company, Regiment to Regiment. I find that on the whole most of the americans refuse the belief that a foreign arm, friend or foe, can out do them in some means or manner, this is apparent in over 90% of the threads on this forum.

I thank you Apollyon, you replied in a calm and polite manner and I thank you sincerely for adding your knowledge to this thread, its nice to hear from some one who has served rather than the armchair soldiers around here.

Westpoint,

So we meet again, look I just want to clear this up, no one here have said that the US can be the best in every thing, re-read this thread and you will notice that the only members on this thread that have stated that the US is the best have been the american members, wether implied or announced stated that the US is the best in all fields.

Many, if not all of the European and a few americans have been able to understand that the US is not the best in every thing, we know this because our militarys lack in some ways. I agree that the US has the best in Numbers and in a few other things, I also understand that the US lacks in a number of areas, that I feel is many of the americans refuse to acknowledge.

US training is good, its better than many of the nations on the planet, but like you so childishly put, with countries that have smaller armed forces, we instead use more of our funds in training, that is why the UK, I believe has better training, but like many things, US Army training differs from US Air Force Train which I would rate 2nd with the Brits/Germans/Swedish, first being IAL.

Westpoint and American Mad Man, I will only ask one thing of you two, Respect, American Mad Man you spoke of this before, If either of you have ever put on a uniform, you will understand that to lack respect for your allies and even your enemies, your a fool.

The more respect you give to the other countries and militaries on this forum the less conflict you will recieve when you two go shooting your mouths off.

- Phil



[edit on 14-4-2005 by gooseuk]



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Money spent in unimportant ....the character of whom you train is most important if you spent a billion dollars on somebody that has no heart it doesn't matter. RoK spend very little per capita on its armed forces and I'd take a squad of them versus a squad of almost anybody else......ALMOST anybody else.


Originally posted by WestPoint23
The U.S. military isn't the best in every single freaking category, its impossible to be. But we do have the better tech in the majority of the categories and our training is very good.
People often talk out our training not being as good as other counties, well if you have 5 people in your military like the UK then perhaps you can spend more time training them.



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
5 people in the UK?
Did the other 59,231, 895 people liveing in the country die?

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

US training is good, its better than many of the nations on the planet, but like you so childishly put, with countries that have smaller armed forces, we instead use more of our funds in training, that is why the UK, I believe has better training, but like many things, US Army training differs from US Air Force Train which I would rate 2nd with the Brits/Germans/Swedish, first being IAL.


Hey it might be childishly but you get the Point.
Also IAL?
Whatever the IAL is, would they win in an Air War against he USAF? Now if the answer to that question is no, then you can train as much as you want.



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'd love to know how much training the US does with foreign troops these days I was in the Marines during the Reagen era and we trained with everybody we could both in different branches of the US military but foreign troops too.

In 4 years in the Corps I trained with had opps with
The 82nd Airborne (I think, they have the stylized AA patch correct ? Look is been 20 years
)
USA FORECOM OPFOR
SEALs
Instructors from Columbia Panama and Equidor at Ft Sherman Panama(Jungle Warfare School)
The Phillipino Army
The Austrailian SAS
The Rok Marines
The SBS (in Kenya no less)
The LAPD SWAT TEAM
San Deigo County Sheriff's Dept
The USAF Sercurity forces at some small AFB in the Southwest
and too many other Marine and Navy Units to name

Does training like this still go on, or has the present circumstance ended this ?



Originally posted by gooseuk
Apollyon,

I thank you, I have had some faith restored in the American Military Machine, I have also had the honour to have spent some interesting times with some US forces and you are more than correct, troop effectiveness differ from brick to brick, company to company, Regiment to Regiment. I find that on the whole most of the americans refuse the belief that a foreign arm, friend or foe, can out do them in some means or manner, this is apparent in over 90% of the threads on this forum.

I thank you Apollyon, you replied in a calm and polite manner and I thank you sincerely for adding your knowledge to this thread, its nice to hear from some one who has served rather than the armchair soldiers around here.

Westpoint,

So we meet again, look I just want to clear this up, no one here have said that the US can be the best in every thing, re-read this thread and you will notice that the only members on this thread that have stated that the US is the best have been the american members, wether implied or announced stated that the US is the best in all fields.

Many, if not all of the European and a few americans have been able to understand that the US is not the best in every thing, we know this because our militarys lack in some ways. I agree that the US has the best in Numbers and in a few other things, I also understand that the US lacks in a number of areas, that I feel is many of the americans refuse to acknowledge.

US training is good, its better than many of the nations on the planet, but like you so childishly put, with countries that have smaller armed forces, we instead use more of our funds in training, that is why the UK, I believe has better training, but like many things, US Army training differs from US Air Force Train which I would rate 2nd with the Brits/Germans/Swedish, first being IAL.

Westpoint and American Mad Man, I will only ask one thing of you two, Respect, American Mad Man you spoke of this before, If either of you have ever put on a uniform, you will understand that to lack respect for your allies and even your enemies, your a fool.

The more respect you give to the other countries and militaries on this forum the less conflict you will recieve when you two go shooting your mouths off.

- Phil



[edit on 14-4-2005 by gooseuk]



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
::groans::

My frustation is growing with you Westpoint, you miss the point over and over again, your like a child, when you feel threatened you go one up, do you feel fear that there is a possiability that another nation "could" have the upper hand.

Your point is interesting, yeap I feel that in a battle the IAF would wipe the floor of the current US air force, I make it clear in a battle, as they have the only force with combat vets that still have "current" experience of modern air to air warfare. Dropping bombs from 30,000 ft doesn't count, neither does attacking a nation that doesn't have an effective air force.

Yes Westpoint you have numbers, yes westpoint you have the kit, but I feel your view point is the prime reason why in the current conflict and future ones that american troops will be killed, because they didn't have respect for their foes, because they didn't understand their faults, because they couldn't understand their vunabilities.

I suggest for your view well being, to avoid military service because of two reasons, your NCOs will rip you a new a hole if you voice opinions or comments such as these and your lack of respect for your enemies could cost you your life, god forbid another member of your squad.

As for your numbers, Red Russia had numbers too, look where that got them, Oh as it is your economic isn't looking too good either.

- Phil



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Apollyon,

My training has been limited to US Army Air units, but yes there is still an amount of cross training going on at the minute, a few exercises too, but that is only with us brits that I know of, I am unsure of other US exercises running with other nations, oh and there is always that big joint exercise currently in the sand box.

- Phil



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well said..gentlemen..well said. I am a "Bloody Yank" and very proud of our military and technology. I do not however believe in boasting or promoting our GI's to the point of belittling others. I think this is very bad form..very bad.
I too think that there are militarys in the world..who are not as high tech as ourselves but nevertheless what they lack in technology they more than make up in raw courage and training to back it up. I pray that in the future this will not be a lesson we learn the hard way once again ..as is often dictated by events in our history.

Oh yes...while I am at it ..Yes..the Gurkas are legendary in certain circles..glad to see someone else also knows of them.

Thanks for two great posts ..gentlemen. Orangetom



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Your point is interesting, yeap I feel that in a battle the IAF would wipe the floor of the current US air force, I make it clear in a battle, as they have the only force with combat vets that still have "current" experience of modern air to air warfare. Dropping bombs from 30,000 ft doesn't count, neither does attacking a nation that doesn't have an effective air force.


Hey I’m not saying it would be a cake walk but you know that they wouldn't win, sure they can beat outnumbered F-15’s without new radar and without air support but they wont win when we don't hold back.


As for your numbers, Red Russia had numbers too, look where that got them, Oh as it is your economic isn't looking too good either.


Our economy is doing just fine growing at 4% more than you can say about other modern nations, so I wouldn't worry about that. Don't thrown in economical reasons where were talking about military engagements.



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Does my question not get answered?

I want attention!!!



posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

5 people in the UK?
Did the other 59,231, 895 people liveing in the country die?


Devil I meant 5 people in the British military, I was being sarcastic about the relative small number of troops that British have compared to the U.S.
The British can train their troops a little better because they can focus more time on them. But no the 59,231, 895 are not dead.



posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
WP,

Can I ask you a serious question?

How old are you?

I am not being cheeky or sarcastic.

Cheers

BHR



posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
He`s 17 , and has absolutely NO experience of being a serving anything.YET. He has made the comment many times that he wished to join though. And when he does , his opinions will change, to being more open minded about the way the other militaries around the world operate.



posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Harlequin,

If that is true it makes things a lot clearer as to his posting record.

I hope you are right as to his ability to mature once he has experienced life.

Cheers

BHR



posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Devil I meant 5 people in the British military, I was being sarcastic about the relative small number of troops that British have compared to the U.S.
The British can train their troops a little better because they can focus more time on them. But no the 59,231, 895 are not dead.

Ah, a cheap crack at the UK military.....I'll be sure to pass that onto Private Kevin McHale....



posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Harlequin,

So here I am stuck between DevilWasp who is 16 and WestPoint who is 17.

I am 33. Man do i feel old.



Cheers

BHR

[edit on 15-4-2005 by BillHicksRules]



posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
He`s 17 , and has absolutely NO experience of being a serving anything.YET. He has made the comment many times that he wished to join though. And when he does , his opinions will change, to being more open minded about the way the other militaries around the world operate.

So?
I'm 16 , does that mean I know nothing?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join