It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite American Air Force

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Devil,

If you knew that you know nothing then that would be something.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
If you knew that you know nothing then that would be something.

Yeah but If I didnt know that I didnt know anything I would be english....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
DevilWasp,

Now you know something? You could be right.

Cheers

BHR
Scotsman and proud of it

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Don't feel bad I'm 40.

Harlequin,

So here I am stuck between DevilWasp who is 16 and WestPoint who is 17.

I am 33. Man do i feel old.

Cheers

BHR

[edit on 15-4-2005 by BillHicksRules]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Apollyon,

The difference is that you have had the extra time to come to terms with it.

A wise man once said to me that turning 30 is harder than turning 40.
When you hit 30, if you have not slept with a supermodel or played for your country in the World Cup then chances are you aint gonna.
By the time you reach 40 this is old news and something you live with.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The US has a World cup team???

I've been with two regional models in my time does that equal 1 supermodel??

Apollyon,

The difference is that you have had the extra time to come to terms with it.

A wise man once said to me that turning 30 is harder than turning 40.
When you hit 30, if you have not slept with a supermodel or played for your country in the World Cup then chances are you aint gonna.
By the time you reach 40 this is old news and something you live with.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yup, the other member pretty much got everything right, except that I am joining one of the branches when I graduate from High School, cant decide between Army or Marine Corps, cant decide which uniform looks better

[edit on 15-4-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The US has a pretty good football team..

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yup, the other member pretty much got everything right, except that I am joining one of the branches when I graduate from High School, cant decide between Army or Marine Corps, cant decide which uniform looks better

The Marines definitely have the cooler uniform, but aside from that, both services are pretty good. If enlisting, I'd go Army because the Army has the Rangers, Special Forces, plus higher technology and also you can get your MOS guaranteed upon enlistment (unless you go the officer route).

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
True the Marines do have the better uniforms and training in my opinion, but the Army does offer different options. Oh...well its toss up.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

What happened to you going to West Point?

Thought that was a done deal for you?????

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Army is West Point, but things are never a done deal.

West Point, Out.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
WP,

Which MOSs do you find interest you in the Army?

What is wrong with the Airforce or the Navy?

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Being biased as i am , i would happily ask , why the heck would ANYONE want to be a PBI? but its your choice , as you must like running ALOT - out of the 2 of your choices i would go marine - but then again im airforce so naturally i would choose them over anything

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The Army is West Point, but things are never a done deal.

West Point, Out.

Hmm, that is where you are mistaken.

But we are getting off topic. Feel free to U2U me with the details.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Which MOSs do you find interest you in the Army?

The MOS’s in the Army that interest me are Infantry, Special Operations, and Armor.

What is wrong with the Airforce or the Navy?

I don't think the Navy is exiting enough,plus I don't like to be confined on a ship, and there is nothing wrong with the Air force, I have just always been a ground type of person.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If you want to be around a bunch of military folk who don't seem to realize they're in the military, go Air Force. But they have the lousiest basic training (6 weeks) and the silliest PT, so the people are incredibly soft and whiny, and I've heard this from Air Force folk themselves. Only in the Air Force will people complain about the facilities when they are the best in the military.

COOL HAND, West Point is the Army's military academy.

WestPoint, you do not need to necessarily go to a military academy these days. The military academies were created back in the days when there were few national universities and the country needed a place to educate officers. These days, the commissioning source doesn't really matter, as long as it is a quality program.

Look into colleges with quality Army ROTC programs. Here in Upstate NY, Rochester Institute of Technology (my college) and the University of Rochester are both top-notch schools. RIT has some of the best engineering and engineering technology and art programs in the country, as well as one of the best Photographic majors.

U of R has some of the best programs in liberal arts and medicine I think too. RIT has Army ROTC (and a damn good ROTC program too; our Ranger Challenge Team is the best in the Northeastern U.S. as an example and the cadets from here do incredibly well at the National Advanced Leader's Camp that all Army ROTC cadets must attend) and Air Force ROTC. U of R has Navy and Marine Corps ROTC. But you can still attend U of R and do Army of Air Force ROTC through RIT, and you can attend RIT and do Navy or Marine Corps ROTC through U of R as well.

So they're both great schools. The ROTC battalion here is riding in Chinooks down to a base in Pennsylvania in some weeks for a field training exercise. They get to do lots. The Army ROTC program at RIT is very good.

So I mean, don't look to solely the academies. Penn State University I hear has a very good Marine Corps and Navy ROTC program as well.

ALSO, you do not get contracted with the Army (unless on scholarship) initally with ROTC. That comes at the last two years. Or you could skip the first two years altogether and then go to Basic Training or the Leadership Training Camp over summer time to catch up, and do ROTC's 2 year program, during your last two years of college.

There are lots of options, so don't just rush into the academies. You might hate the academies. And these days, as an officer, it doesn't matter what commissioning source you come from. There are idiots from ROTC, OCS, and the Academies, and really stellar officers from these.

Some good websites on the various subjects where you can talk to people on these are:

www.military.com - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, etc...

www.airwarriors.com - Naval and Marine Corps aviation as well as other Navy jobs

www.kiowapilots.com - Army aviation site, mainly devoted to the Kiowa Warrios community, but also Army aviation overall.

www.chair-force.com - Air Force website

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

as posted by Broadsword
If you want to be around a bunch of military folk who don't seem to realize they're in the military, go Air Force. But they have the lousiest basic training (6 weeks) and the silliest PT, so the people are incredibly soft and whiny, and I've heard this from Air Force folk themselves. Only in the Air Force will people complain about the facilities when they are the best in the military.

Hmm, care to say that in front of a couple of my ex-fellow Pararescue mates? Be careful how you play your cards when comparing services. But hey, tis only my humble small bit of advice for the day.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted by the treasonous monkey that is Devilwasp
Yeah but If I didnt know that I didnt know anything I would be english....

DW! How rude! I will remember that, you kilt wearing, haggis munching little goit
!! Don't make me kick you in the balls again

At least we have a decent Rugby team.....oh, and a decent Football team...

(sorry to go off topic, but DW is a cheeky little monkey)

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Broadsword20068 thanks for the advice ill keep it in mind, and thanks for the websites also.

West Point, Out.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join