It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite American Air Force

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
not much for deep thought are you west point. Eliteism is everything even while things around you are collapsing.

HOw about those Redskins
How about those Celtics
How about NASCAR
How about those elites.

Very impressive being elite..yes...very impressive. Nothing as intelligent and first class as unzipping to see who has the biggest one...high noon in the streets of Laredo. Very deep ...very deep West point.

Its pubescent .west point ..pubescent...in case you hadnt noticed!!
Its cheap egotism...but I recognize it is the best that some people can do.
Im just not into it.
What is coming is going to need so much more than cheap egotism and pubescent boasting.

Also ..you dont have to tell me about German or Japanese technology..I live right next to the NASA Langley Research Center. Lots of foreigners working here for NASA or its contracters. Lots of peoples here from India too.
NASA Langley is ajacent to the Langley Air Force Base...this will be the first place the F22 Raptors will be based...this is going to be intresting. Not elite..mind you just intresting. Orangetom

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
German and Japanese technology does not make up for the blood and materials lost in two world wars...get a clue...its coming around...again ...

"Do not rejoice in his defeat you men...for the bitch that bore him is in heat again." About Napoleans defeat.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hey,

Ok, I keep seeing threads in general where the americans seem the need to display their amazing technology or their respective military arms.

Its consentally a display of most americans on this board feeling the need to basically throw in comments like "We are the best" "Our Tech is Amazing" blah blah blah, Its interesting, if you you know a little psychology, usally the need to display your prefection or precieved prefection is usally due to the person lacking in some mental sense either due to a lack of self esctem or merely they are trying to cover the fact that they aren't as good as they hoped they are and feel threatened. You know what they say about fellas that need to drive flashy fast cars ::shrugs:: Thats all U remember from my college classes, quite a while back

I couldn't give a damm who is the best on the planet in relation to anti air, tactics etc, we all have our own skills and training, do I personnally think the RAF is the best?, best in training without a doubt but for aircraft and numbers the RAF wouldn't have a look in. I have no problem admitting that we [UK] don't have all the cards in every pie on this planet, nor do I feel the need to feel the need to keep brushing my own ego or the other brits egos on the forum, but so far it appears that it seems on the most part that the pissing contests are usally started in some part by americans.

I can only come to one conclusion, I sense Fear.

- Phil

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A pilot is only as good as the Air Craft hes in...Thats all i'm going to say.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yeah...I agree with your basic outline..Goose. I'm just not into such pubescent egotism. Well said Goose...Well said. Orangetom

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Goose, why are you instigating an argument?
Also all I have to say is, if were covering up for something then someone should call our bluff

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gooseuk
Hey,

Ok, I keep seeing threads in general where the americans seem the need to display their amazing technology or their respective military arms.

Its consentally a display of most americans on this board feeling the need to basically throw in comments like "We are the best" "Our Tech is Amazing" blah blah blah, Its interesting, if you you know a little psychology, usally the need to display your prefection or precieved prefection is usally due to the person lacking in some mental sense either due to a lack of self esctem or merely they are trying to cover the fact that they aren't as good as they hoped they are and feel threatened. You know what they say about fellas that need to drive flashy fast cars ::shrugs:: Thats all U remember from my college classes, quite a while back

Lol, I could say the same for the Brits who constantly whinge about the SAS being the best in the world
- ' WE have the hardest selection, we have the toughest men etc

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Rogue,

The difference is that the SAS is the best.

A weapon is only as good as the man that carries it.

So it is with the RAF and the USAF as it is with the SAS and whoever you want to put up.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Rogue,

The difference is that the SAS is the best.

A weapon is only as good as the man that carries it.

So it is with the RAF and the USAF as it is with the SAS and whoever you want to put up.

Cheers

BHR

Here Here!

I suppose the difference with the SAS is that the worlds militarys acknowledge that the SAS is the birth place of the modern Special Operations groups, this is why on the most part, nearly every Western Spec Ops Group have been trained in some part by the SAS or on the Tactics they evolved or produced. I wouldn't know the people that say the SAS are the best on this forum, but I suppose the results are all you need to see.

Usually the ones that feel the need to state who is the best are usally the ones that have no direct contact with them other than books or hearsay.

Rogue, I suppose, its one of those situations where my training prevents me from allowing some one from believing a misconception or lie when it could adversly affect their status of life. I suppose some would say its a character fault when I use it on americans

- Phil

[edit on 13-4-2005 by gooseuk]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gooseuk
Hey,

I couldn't give a damm who is the best on the planet in relation to anti air, tactics etc, we all have our own skills and training, do I personnally think the RAF is the best?, best in training without a doubt but for aircraft and numbers the RAF wouldn't have a look in. I have no problem admitting that we [UK] don't have all the cards in every pie on this planet, nor do I feel the need to feel the need to keep brushing my own ego or the other brits egos on the forum, but so far it appears that it seems on the most part that the pissing contests are usally started in some part by americans.

I can only come to one conclusion, I sense Fear.

- Phil

RAF training's good..
Its the basis for training in ex-RAF AFs like the IAF and the PAF..

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There you go again ..starting up...with this pubescent egotism.. almost all of you ...ok....Im in..... though this game disgusts me...!!!!
Actually I am more into the history and the facts of the history and how it came about unto todays strategys and tactics...equipment etc etc... I'm just not into this pubescent unzipping at high noon out in the main street to see who has the biggest one. It is so pubescent and reeks of acne!!!!
The facts I know of history are that the British SAS wrote the book on special operations. Not I believe out of some higher Ideal..but out of necessity. I suppose like most small units of this type ..in their early days they had to overcome huge obstacles put in thier way by the politics of other mainline units until they were able to clearly demonstrate thier effectivness and worthyness....a daunting task for any unit.
Also ..to my limited knowlege it was in the very early days of the Israelis as a nation and a People, that a Brit...I forget his name...a retired professional soldier ...Winfield I think!!!??...who trained the flegling Israeli military on military and unconventional tactics. And quite effectively too consdering what a hodgepodge equipped and mixed brood the Israelis were in those days.
Once again ...to my limited knowlege..what most nations have done is used the basic outline of what the Brits have done and borrowed it , modified it to thier culture and equipment.
The British Navy ...which at one time ruled the waves...is the basic outline for many of the Worlds Navys ..though some core practices and dogmas....Naval wise..go back much further ...to basic surviving seaman ship..learned by many through just simple trial and error.
All technology does ..is change the way these basics are applied...in a practical sense.
One more thing about technology...and this is very important....militarily and for survival.....................dont ever put total stock in technology to fool yourself into thinking you are superior to this or that people. It is one of the dumbest beliefs to ever decieve a ignorant people. And I mean by this 24 carat stupid.
Technology is wonderful stuff and when it works properly ..no doubt it makes things very effecient...a great force multiplier. But never forget how to "Manual Overide" Dont ever get so dumb you dont know how to do things the olde fashioned way ..without any high tech. This too is a core belief in well trained militarys. Plan for everything to go wrong.
As I recall it is a basic tenent among the US Marines ...the saying that "all well laid plans go out the window with first contact with the enemy." You have to be flexible..adaptable. This means often going ahead with out the safety net of this high tech equipment that so many love to boast about as the main part of their persona. This lesson has been reinforced over and over...by knowlegable militarys.
In the shipbuilding industry ..I have had this simple fact reinforced over and over...again. All these high tech tools are wonderful...but the moment you begin counting on them to make your job easier ..and take them for granted...they break down on you . So you'd better know how to do things the olde fashioned way. If necessary ..from scratch. This means you need to know all the intimate little details and some history in order to connect the dots to some useful form... a concept horribly lacking in much of our present public educational system.
There is nothing dumber to me than to go into some convience store or a fast food franchises and the power go out and the people behind he counters ...not knowing how to do a manual overide because they dont know the concept of simple counting..simple math!! It is astonishing to me. Civilization comes to a complete stop...Good Grief...how did our forefathers ever make it ..without all this technology all prepackaged for them. Talk about a stupid bunch of people.!!
War is horrible ..dreadful buisness.......horrible... Do not become enamoured of it ..or the technology surrounding it...when the dust and fireworks settle and the wars are over ..the scars last among many ...forever. War is still often brute force..and fortitude to carry it on to the end...with or without technology often at the crudest most base level of humanity. Do not become enamoured of it.!!! It is not in and of itself power ..to those who survive it!! It is this pubescent attitude that so disgusts me.
Thanks for your time..Orangetom

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
orange, jeez - you just ramble and ramble and ramble. It's seems you start with one argument and then end up with something completely different. Then half the time you're not even staying on topic.

It really gets me up when ignorant people use the word ' dumb ' without even knowing its meaning. For your information someone who is ' dumb ' is a person incapable of speech, NOT a person lacking in intelligence.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Rogue,

Considering your previous posts are hardly the stuff of Shakespeare and you have even less point than a blunt pencil, I would think you would refrain from commenting on someone else's posting.

Orange,

Keep on posting man.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
orange, jeez - you just ramble and ramble and ramble. It's seems you start with one argument and then end up with something completely different. Then half the time you're not even staying on topic.

It really gets me up when ignorant people use the word ' dumb ' without even knowing its meaning. For your information someone who is ' dumb ' is a person incapable of speech, NOT a person lacking in intelligence.

Dumb:
Lacking the power of speech. Used of animals and inanimate objects.
Often Offensive. Incapable of using speech; mute. Used of humans. See Usage Note at mute.
Temporarily speechless, as with shock or fear: I was dumb with disbelief.
Unwilling to speak; taciturn.
Not expressed or articulated in sounds or words: dumb resentment.
Nautical. Not self-propelling.
Conspicuously unintelligent; stupid: dumb officials; a dumb decision.
Unintentional; haphazard: dumb luck

Unintelligent:
Having or displaying a lack of intelligence.
Not invested with intelligence

Intelligen:
The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.
The faculty of thought and reason.
Superior powers of mind. See Synonyms at mind.
An intelligent, incorporeal being, especially an angel.
Information; news. See Synonyms at news.

Secret information, especially about an actual or potential enemy.
An agency, staff, or office employed in gathering such information.
Espionage agents, organizations, and activities considered as a group: “Intelligence is nothing if not an institutionalized black market in perishable commodities” (John le Carré).

Rogue1, you might wish to retract your statement towards him since you're infact wrong. Dumb can also be someone who lacks intelligence. If I was you, I'd not throw the word 'ignorant' (Lacking education or knowledge.) around ever again.

It's about time I start see the mods doing another good sweep and warning and banning people, a lot of 'ignorant' people are still left here only intending to insult others and put them down.

Inferiority Complex

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Odium,

I think your link hits the nail on the head in this case.

I have thought that for sometime.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow Bill,

Rogue,

Considering your previous posts are hardly the stuff of Shakespeare and you have even less point than a blunt pencil, I would think you would refrain from commenting on someone else's posting.

Orange,

Keep on posting man.

Cheers

BHR

You most certainly have a flair and a economy of words when you want to make a point. Well done..

You too Odium. Great post.

I must admit..I hardly have the Readers Digest Condensed version in operation when I post on a topic that intrests me. For that I apologize. It is not intended to invoke anyones ire. Thanks Orangetom

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Best equiped doesn't equal best trained ...Brits are good Isreali's are good
most but not all USMC and USN squadrons are good.

Originally posted by PtballDan
HAHA Brits? who the heck do you think has all of the state of the art planes? Id love to see any British Ace vs Almsot ANY pilot in the UNited States Air Force who had a F-22 Raptor and we'll see who wins. Aside from the US having the best equipment the US pilots could beat ANY country in ANY dogfight, WE ARE THE BEST. For all of you other 2nd class countries out there- too bad that your military sucks compared to ours- you should just accept it as a matter-of-fact. And America will never cease to exist- we will always survive and strive.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Rogue1, you might wish to retract your statement towards him since you're infact wrong. Dumb can also be someone who lacks intelligence. If I was you, I'd not throw the word 'ignorant' (Lacking education or knowledge.) around ever again.

Ahem, please step down from the soap box, as you pointed out insulting people is not the way to go - 2 sets of rules maybe ?

PS. Your Wikipedia skills are astounding, what would you do without it ?

[edit on 14-4-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Rogue,

lol, I wouldn't say any ones posts are the stuff of Shakespeare. However my posts are to the point; none of this waffling with BS all the time.

Anyway enough of the contamination of this thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just what is being argued/discussed about in here?
It started off with a video now its evolved to some random facts?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join