It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite American Air Force

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It has been said time and time again, the key to the US air force is it's training.

What makes the training so good you might ask? This video says a lot

It's a long download (33MB) - but well worth it.

www.jsupt.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
wat!? the us air force is # they cant tell an insurgents camp from a red cross childrens hospital

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejackal
wat!? the us air force is # they cant tell an insurgents camp from a red cross childrens hospital

LOL, tell the insurgents to stay out of the hospitals.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Please don't make me laugh. Best trained or trained to be the best.

Perhaps they are, trained to be the best, but most air to mud drivers need a few serious kicks in the arse and shed loads of recognition training.

Gulf War 1 - Since when do Warrior APCs look like mobile Scud erector/Tel vehicles AND how come it took 3 passes before the A-10 pilots decided to open fire on us Brits. [Having cocked it up, they even had to come back a 4th time to finish off the job!]

Bosnia/Kosovo - How come some hat Yank got lost over enemy controlled territory, strayed in to a no fly area, got shot down and had to be rescued by Brits SAS?

Is this what you mean by being the best or is that what you mean by "Be all you can be"?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
every armed forces has friendly fire issues...

as for the A-10 at the time it had next to no computer help it was like flying a airplain the in the 50's..... now with the new upgrades they have friend and fow ID hardwear on board to help provent it.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Starwars51,

Sorry to disappoint you but the USAF is not the best trained in the world.

It is not even the best trained in the US. That honour goes to the Marine Corp, closely followed by the USN.

The best trained Air Forice in the world is the RAF by a long shot.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
HAHA Brits? who the heck do you think has all of the state of the art planes? Id love to see any British Ace vs Almsot ANY pilot in the UNited States Air Force who had a F-22 Raptor and we'll see who wins. Aside from the US having the best equipment the US pilots could beat ANY country in ANY dogfight, WE ARE THE BEST. For all of you other 2nd class countries out there- too bad that your military sucks compared to ours- you should just accept it as a matter-of-fact. And America will never cease to exist- we will always survive and strive.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Starwars51,

Sorry to disappoint you but the USAF is not the best trained in the world.

It is not even the best trained in the US. That honour goes to the Marine Corp, closely followed by the USN.

The best trained Air Forice in the world is the RAF by a long shot.

Cheers

BHR

BHR - Sorry to dissapoint you, but perhaps you should have actually viewed the movie before commenting (same goes to the others) - it is a comedy made by some pilot trainees.

The notion that the RAF has the best trained pilots is also ill informed. The RAF training is decent, but not on par with overall US training (in fact, the best RAF pilots are trained by the US through the Englis-Nato Joint Pilot training program). The difference isn't a huge one and the RAF aren't poorly trained - but the best is just silly.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejackal

Boy....Id like to see another nation try to do a better job of routing out inurgents. Skippy nailed an excellent point. No one seems to have the understanding that these insurgents are running in and out from behind innocent people. Hidding in schools and hospitals. The USAF is doing the best it can. These unfortunate things happen..........show me some proof that another air force could do better.

Carburetor

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Carburetor

Boy....Id like to see another nation try to do a better job of routing out inurgents. Skippy nailed an excellent point. No one seems to have the understanding that these insurgents are running in and out from behind innocent people. Hidding in schools and hospitals. ...

Carburetor

The flip side to that is the fact that the US maintains very different rules of engagements to say the British and the Australians. The amount of aborted missions flown by Australians and British during the Iraq war is testament to that.

Some missions where Australian and British pilots were not 100% sure on whether or not civilians might be hurt are aborted and flown by American pilots. The American airforce seems to have a more "lax" approach.

www.casi.org.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Starwars51/ptballDan,

You can both live in your little fantasy worlds re: training levels of USAF v RAF.

I will concede that you have better kit in some areas but a line pilot in a RAF squadron is better trained than his same time served equivalent in the USAF.

Not a matter of opinion or conjecture. It is a matter of fact.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Get real guys enough of this nationalist BS, everyone has decent pilots!

Some video isn't exactly great evidence either
it's propaganda

The only thing I really hate about the US air force is they force the pilots to take a form of speed if they want to fly a long mission, it's called dexadrine and some pilots take it like candy. Apparently the friendly fire incidents with the US pilots were pilots on dexedrine.

The US airforce is the only airforce I know to follow this dangerous practice. I can see what the obvious benefits are, but at what physical and mental cost in the planes and also what are the long term effects of high usage and addiction on the pilots??

Oh also the plane doesn't make the pilot.

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 1-3-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The only thing that i'am willing to concede is that American Pilots have better real-combat experience which is not hard to understand why.

Not nearly as many countries enter into as many wars as the US

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
The only thing that i'am willing to concede is that American Pilots have better real-combat experience which is not hard to understand why.

Not nearly as many countries enter into as many wars as the US

Wait you are kidding arnt you??? Please...Tell me...your joking.

As for USAF vs Any AF,

Sure they have all the tech, but give a computer to someone whos never seen it before isnt going to help them do there work.

And I think Britain would win for Air to Air engage ment or "Real-combat experience" for planes,

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
american fighter pilot combat experience in the last decade or so has been equivalent to a stationary duck shoot..same goes for the RAF..
but then again no other AF has had "de-classifeid" engagements in that time..

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Is not half of what it used to be. My father retired as a Colonel in 03/1970. He flew in WWII, Berlin Airlift, Korea and Vietnam, his airforce was the real airforce. My Grandfather was the VC of Staff, USAF, retired in 1972, while the airforce was real and not a business college. Today's airforce officers are idiots and nothing more than poorly trained lying business people. I just finished working for a company whose CEO is the recently retired USAF Brig Gen who was in charge of USAF weather. That guy was so F...ing stupid that the company scrapes by at the end of each month just to stay in business all the while people are trying to hand him fists full of dollars. I have never met someone so inept in my life. My father, who is now in a nursing home told me that today's airforce is nothing more than barnes business college with pay.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, Brit RAF pilots have done joint exercises with the USN Top Gun graduates, and the RAF pilots generally scored higher. I can't remember which magazine it was it, but im certainly positive I read it. I bartended with an ex USN guy. He was in charge of the ordinance that was fitted to planes before missions. He said that pilots regularly took speed for long missions and several were addicted.

Have you ever met a meth addicted person? Talk about separated from reality.

I guess you could take this perspective if youve ever had to defend yourself or seen a pretty nasty fight. The one with the cool head almost always wins. You ever see a fight between a drunk guy and a sober guy? In my experience the sober guy has always won, easy. A buddy of mine was almost mugged in Washington DC once. Some black guy was strung out on meth and tried to mug him with a knife. My friend knows how to handle himself, and it wasnt even an issue. The mugger was detained.

Yes, every country has its friendly fire incidents. However, no country has friendly fire incidents as often or as damaging as the US has on other countries and itself.

I'm gonna have to say the RAF got this one if its RAF v USAF or USN

In a gun fight, who would you bet on? The professional contractor, or the cowboy?

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Galvatron]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28

Originally posted by Mr Carburetor

Boy....Id like to see another nation try to do a better job of routing out inurgents. Skippy nailed an excellent point. No one seems to have the understanding that these insurgents are running in and out from behind innocent people. Hidding in schools and hospitals. ...

Carburetor

The flip side to that is the fact that the US maintains very different rules of engagements to say the British and the Australians. The amount of aborted missions flown by Australians and British during the Iraq war is testament to that.

Some missions where Australian and British pilots were not 100% sure on whether or not civilians might be hurt are aborted and flown by American pilots. The American airforce seems to have a more "lax" approach.

www.casi.org.uk...

Thats right our pilots are hot headed, meph addicted cowboys that always go out with the motto, 'I'm Gonna Kill Something! whether it be Brits, Aussies, Canuks or our own guys. What the hell if we are not starting a war we are finishing one. We even butt into wars that we didn't start just so we can kill something. Don't you know that is what keeps our economy going. Got to truck out all those bullets and bombs for more war mongering, nation counquering, rape, pillage and baby killing. Don't you realize that every American Pilot is given a daily quota of innocents to slaughter if he wants to keeps his wings. During training they fly over North Carolina coastal towns and drop bombs on schools and hospitals just for fun. The more innocents they kill the faster they are promoted. So,
I ask why would anyone in their right mine what to F*** with us

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That was taken too far. You're taking the points made and exaggerating them beyond reason. It didn't contribute to the discussion.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galvatron
That was taken too far. You're taking the points made and exaggerating them beyond reason. It didn't contribute to the discussion.

Excuse me
Read the post from the very beginning and all that is being said about the USAF and the men who fly the planes and tell me that I am exaggerating. To begin with the video is a joke, from there it gets worse!
Sorry I didn't recognize this as a serious converstion, my ID_10_T meter pegged out and I lost myself
I promise it want happen again

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join