It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HS teacher arrested for fight with student who assaulted him - full video of fight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Apparently, other teachers/faculty at the school have set up a gofundme for his legal fees.
Seems to me that there are situations like this (minus the violence) all the time.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Personally I think he did well not to smack the little # when he threw the basketball.

I don't think I could handle being a high school teacher in America...or honestly even some of the schools here.

I'd #in snap.....

It's really too bad these places can't help the kids that aren't getting taught to be reasonable human beings at home. Schools seem to be more worried about getting funding and making themselves look good than actually trying to fix the problems.

It's usually not the teacher's faults. The administration in most schools don't give a # about the teachers or the kind of # they have to deal with.

I hope it goes alright for that teacher and hopefully that kid learned a lesson not to be a disrespectful little #. Might save his life one day. There's some people you really don't wanna start mouthing off to. I dunno could have been a whole lot worse.
edit on 6/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I grew up in a time when that little skinny kid would have got the sh*t stomped out of him by a male teacher.

Male teachers I remember and respected growing up:

Mr. Gibbons. I'll never forget in 8th grade, a beloved art teacher, Mr. Gibbons straight up suplexed a friend of mine WWE style. My friend was mouthing off and said something disrespectful about Mr. Gibbons wife. That little mofo was down for the count. You can bet your behind no one ever disrespected Mr. Gibbons again.

Mr. Southern. He was the embodiment of the legendary Joe Clark in the movie Lean on Me. He walked the hallway with a yard stick. He had this deep booming voice. You just knew not to f*ck with him. If he told you to get out of the hallway and to class, you did it.

Coach War. PE coach. He used to verbally abuse and knock kids around. He straight up tell you, "Go ahead. I will beat your skinny ass and then say I had a flashback (he served in 'Nam).

I saw on youtube, the teacher is getting a lot of support. The school system is allowing the inmates to run the place instead of instilling and forcing discipline.

I agree with you. between my Football coaches (3 or 4 of them in HS), track, wrestling, soccer & baseball coaches the chances are I'd have to face one of them after school if I acted up. If it was wrestling it was a 285+lb guy who benched close to 500lbs and it was a long day on the mat being used as the demonstration "dummy" - many bursed ribs, stiff necks, swollen eye or jaw - and that was him taking it very light on me (I was only 165lbs at the time). If I knew something was coming b/c I was an ass in class I often went home sick, but it was 2x as bad the next day.

I don't think kids have this kind of commitment by teachers/coaches or maybe it's because I wasn't a little biatch and I knew I was in the wrong. Who is a dic to someone trying to teach you? So if it happened, take it as a helping hand in making you remember and if you go wine to the principal or mommy then you are going to end up in jail. PERIOD!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Kid got what he was asking for.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A another year or two and the kid will be in prison.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ah yes, see we need to throw more money at these schools. That will change the culture within the classrooms.

We need authoritarian figures to tell these kids (that despise authority) they need to respect teachers, instead of addressing the culture in the home.

No, we won't ever touch those things.

Which is why this happened.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
The video is very clear in what happened. Kid assaulated him with basketball, verbally assaulated him, closed in on personal space after being told to exit the class room (from a legal authority figure). After that the teacher was well within his rights to fear he was in danger and escalate to self defense to remove the thug from the classroom.

You Fing serious?!? I don't give 2 shiny sh!ts what the kid said, he is A TEACHER! He has no right to full on sucker punch A CHILD ... REPEATEDLY IN THE HEAD ... in a choke hold pumping him in the neck... over what? A basketball?

Aren't the teachers supposed to be able to de-escalate that situation?

If that was my kid I would be spitting feathers and teach wouldn't have his block between his shoulders for much longer.

SMDH.

The kid is a kunt, the teacher acted like a kid with his emotions.

There was no distinction between the way that grown teacher acted in the face of adversity than 2 teenagers would have acted in the face of adversity.

There was one grown up in their midst, unfortunately he did not act like a grown up.

All that kid has learned is to be better prepared with a weapon if he decides to assault someone bigger than him.
He learned nothing that will help him psychologically.

Was that teacher within his rights to defend himself from a threat, yes. Was that kid such a threat that the teacher had no other choices? No.

Easy to say all of that from the outside.

Imagine dealing with it every day. Wouldn't blame any teachers for just giving up on them and retiring to be honest.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
That was bad a**. I want his resume.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Who would have thought a band teacher would tune him up.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454 Too many years of trying to keep the little ones ego healthy and have self respect. Which is cart before horse. Learn respect of others then earn self respect kids. Too many years of restricting adults because of the children. I raised mine without a village helping. We need to put some fear into the little warts so they know that there will be problems when they act in unacceptable ways.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: justdust
a reply to: Wardaddy454 Too many years of trying to keep the little ones ego healthy and have self respect. Which is cart before horse. Learn respect of others then earn self respect kids. Too many years of restricting adults because of the children. I raised mine without a village helping. We need to put some fear into the little warts so they know that there will be problems when they act in unacceptable ways.

Sorry, but if you put fear into me, even as your kid. I'm going to kill you. One way or another, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually. That's just mean.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Imagine hundreds of school buildings filled with students like this.

Imagine entire towns

Thanks blue wave

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Ah yes, see we need to throw more money at these schools. That will change the culture within the classrooms.

We need authoritarian figures to tell these kids (that despise authority) they need to respect teachers, instead of addressing the culture in the home.

No, we won't ever touch those things.

Which is why this happened.

There is an epidemic among some cultures that have fathers abandoning their children.

All the money and the best teachers cannot change family values.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
A difficult one; the kid was acting like a complete arsehole and was bang out of order.
I very much doubt I could have taken all that provocation without reacting....but I guess that's one of the reasons why I'm not a teacher.

The teacher really should have shown more restraint - he should possibly have sought assistance from his superiors or colleagues or someone.

Back in my schooldays at the first sign of me acting like that I would have had a clip round the ear, thrown out of class, frogmarched to the Headmasters office and then got six of the best - the cane - detention, put on report and my parents informed....and then the real punishment would have started.

Generation Snowflake think they are entitles to act anyway they want with impunity....I feel for teachers nowadays, by and large they are genuinely committed to their profession and their pupils but an incredibly hard and important job has been made so much harder recently.

I hope the teacher involved doesn't get prosecuted and doesn't lose his job....I hope the kid involved see's this video and uses it as a motivator to stop being a complete knobhead!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: justdust

Sorry, but if you put fear into me, even as your kid. I'm going to kill you. One way or another, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually. That's just mean.

The edgelord has spoken.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I hope that was not the norm for public schools in the US , there's not a whole lot of learning going on...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes, it is.

I use to work in schools and now on every floor there are security guards it's so bad, even in kindergartens.

The teacher should have got on his speaker phone and called an emergency and asked for security

I understand his feelings but he should have either done that or left the room and gotten a security guard

Most schools of this nature have security guards in every hallway and floor

The kid should be expelled

edit on 7-11-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That's terrible, and yeah I agree the kid should be expelled and that teacher should have handled that differently ,I suspect next we will hear of that teachers home being targeted for random drive bys....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join