It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Party of Fear

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Fear is how all of the sheep are kept in line, blue or red.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: RadioRobert

I rarely vote for either party. Mostly out of spite. Even if i feel like voting.

Perot proved to me it was all dog and pony show. I just don't want to lend my support to that.

Tomorrow will be interesting to see. If the DNC gets hammered, it'll be even more interesting to see. Got the popcorn at the ready.

Ross Perot: I think he ran against Clinton and said something like, "if NAFTA is passed, the giant sucking sound you will hear is jobs leaving this country". He was right. That was one of the last elections I voted in. Clinton won and I never voted again.

Edit: Maybe it was Bush 1 he ran against. Too many years have passed.
edit on 5-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's kind of like when they call Trump "anti-Immigrant" (he has married two immigrants), when in fact he's against illegal immigration. They conflate the two. Except excusing illegal immigration is far more anti-immigrant than opposing it. It just becomes one of those platitudes opponents can refer to when their own thoughts will no longer suffice.

edit on 5-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The platform from the GOP and its base is projection. Saying the DNC's platform is projection is just, well, projection from you, a Republican.

Clearly the GOP runs on fear. They're entire platform for this upcoming election is to be afraid of the brown people INVADING America. That's it. That's all they got.

I know what you are but what am I? nah nah nah nah
So no Democrat ever said that Trump would take us back to 1960, that he is literally Hitler, or that he will cause ww3/ruin the world/kill the world?

And no, the GOP has Jobs not Mobs. Along with everything that goes with it.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The platform for the DNC is projection. They do various things like stoke fear, stoke racial divide, etc, and blame their political opponents of it.

Look at the Russia thing...turns out it was the DNC that colluded with Russia.

They are the worst of what they accuse.

Straight out of Saul Alinsky and Lucifers playbook... Rules for Radicals.

link   
By the way op, This is just the latest tactic from David Brock/Soros.

Create fear, and thus action,by projecting fear onto the opposition.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Those are only border apprehensions, not the number of border crossings which are not necessarily connected; I know you're aware, because you've posted that unlabeled graph before.

Beyond that, can you boil any policy position down to "fear" if you want to go that far down the road? If I tell my daughter to lock her doors at night, is it "fear-mongering" or " sound advice"? If you want lower health care costs are you just "afraid of possible bills"?

Do you care to address the numerous data points that strongly suggest Democrat -leaners are more stressed ( "fearful" or " fear-motivated", if you will) than their Right-leaning counterparts in this election cycle?

I don't contest that each party beats the war drum to stoke anxiety in election season, but the data suggests disparate rates of "fear" in the populous. How do you reconcile that with all the finger-pointing concerning "Republican fear-mongering"?
edit on 5-11-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

love some of the comments on here

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Müricans should be afraid, very afraid, indeed
of the poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free..
One thousand kilometers away from the Mexican border

Giddy'up get votin'

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Both as a third -party candidate.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Who is really the party of fear this season?

Lot's of polls there and made up stuff like IES but no inside story on the amygdala. Brain scans measuring actual emotional response provides real evidence. Weighting this evidence with poll/questionnaire/interview results, established the link between conservative thinking and more active fear receptors.

Given as all American politics is right of centre, the whole pissing match thing over which side is the biggest wuss is just bollocks.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

IES scores are pretty roundly accepted as valid. Beyond that, I didn't name-call at all. I simply said I think it ironic that "fear-mongering" has become such buzzword for the left of late in face of the fact the Left seems more greatly affected by the maladies of stress and fear than the right at this moment. I wouldn't be surprised if conservatives perhaps scored higher when Obama was in office with a Dem majority in both houses.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm afraid the brown people will bring their diseases and drugs, some are already here, be careful!!

edit on 5-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Same question for you:
Are you going to boil all policy decisions down to fear the same way? Or only the ones you can project some sort of hidden racism into?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm afraid the brown people will bring their diseases and drugs, some are already here, be careful!!

I hope you argue against the strict immigration laws of Canada, the UK and Australia the same way.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Tulsi Gabbard 2020!
And this will be the only campaign video needed

I’ll shut up now

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The platform from the GOP and its base is projection. Saying the DNC's platform is projection is just, well, projection from you, a Republican.

Clearly the GOP runs on fear. They're entire platform for this upcoming election is to be afraid of the brown people INVADING America. That's it. That's all they got.

What is your cult offering?

2nd line

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Holy sht.

THIS is the iq level we’re dealing with.

The next six years are going to be very hard for you

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

What is your cult offering?

2nd line

He doesn’t know. Not one dem supporter in the country knows.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Tulsi would have a great chance to win! She'd be a viable candidate and is someone I respect. I don't think the party machine will let her get that far. Maybe that changes if they flop badly tomorrow and they have an internal coup before 2020.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join