It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWD - Rick Grimes final episode tonight

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Most of us never thought the day would come, when we would be saying goodbye to Rick Grimes.
Well maybe at some point we did, but certainly we didn’t figure it would be mid season of a show that is slated to continue on for at least 2 more seasons.
On Halloween 9 years ago we first met Rick Grimes in his hospital bed as the world of the walking dead was opened up to us.
What a journey it’s been till now.
I love the show and most of the main cast.
I despised the writing of the past few seasons, but the actors made due with what they were given and pulled it off. I hate to see Andrew Lincoln exciting the show while it’s set to carry on without him.
After all, the new world needs Rick Grimes.
This season is only 4 episodes deep, with the fifth taking place tonight. But already it has been such a breath of fresh air. A much needed step in the right direction getting the show back on track.

Very little is known as to what his fate will be tonight.
We left off with him impaled on a piece of rebar, with 2 large herds of zombies approaching.
Well we know he gets loose and leads them away other than that not much else is known.
The spoiler sights have theories some far fetched. But some are saying that he dies.
Others saying Jadis sets him up to be taken away in the black chopper, never to be seen again.
For the sake of the show and the legend being of Rick Grimes,
I just couldn’t believe him being taken away in a helicopter and that’s it for him.

He leaves behind his adopted daughter Judith and his lover Michonne.

So for the next episode in this season, slated to be another time jump. Approx 5-6 years. I refuse to believe that anyone or any group could keep Rick from getting back to his family.
6 years into the future and Rick still hasn’t found a way back to his family.
Nope. Not happening.

Therefore I hate to admit it, but I hope his fate is sealed.
No cliffhangers or open ended possibilities.
Hell, I’d even like to see Rick as a walker.
Just no more dumpster-gate episodes.

RIP Mr Grimes.
You will be missed dearly.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Maybe he will turn up on Fear The Walking Dead?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Not looking forward to Rick Grimes' demise as he is the heart of the show. If what remains is a watered down version of TWD then it may also continue the steep decline of the series.

Many poor choices by the last TWD writers have placed Rick in the untenable position of attempting to be a leader to four very different factions of zombie survival groups with several of his friends vying for leadership and moving away from his version of detente.

From all the press, the leadership will fall into the hands of Norman Reedus' Daryl Dixon-a reformed unsavory character who is very seedy and apparently recently untrustworthy. This is not a future I care to watch.

Without Rick around, there will be a large decline in viewership-he held this show together.

edit on 4-11-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm hoping he becomes a walker and leads a horde against the Hilltop.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Now that would be awesome!
Because Morgan is leading those guys back to Alexandria.
It would be great if they somehow met up and made the journey back together.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I thought they decided not to head back to Alexandria? I can see TWD being canceled and many people merged with FTWD. I just can't see TWD without Rick. I thought the same when Carl died though and it has worked out without him. So who knows, I guess we will have to stay tuned to find out

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Walking Dead should just cease. They can do whatever with fear.

It's not the same story anyway.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Your right. Morgan did decide not to go back to Alexandria.
I forgot about that. But who knows perhaps he will change his mind for the umptienth time.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No more 10 second close-ups of rick grimes intense eyes? Doesn't sound bad to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well if it was the same story it would be kind of redundant.

I agree The walking dead has been weak since the first season or two, I would not miss it.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Redundant to the comics or Fear?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I am thinking Rick turns into a walker. The flashback sequences teased at the end of last week are him reliving past choices/regrets before he passes. I will watch tonight......stayed away from the series for a while, as it didnt interest me lately....came back to see the season finale and what happened to Negan, and will watch this to send Rick off. Overall, a good show.....but it could have been GREAT.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The TV shows, never read the comics.

edit on 4-11-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

How about if Negen gets free and takes over everything. Then Rick comes back as a walker and kills him.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
as the episode starts, Jadis contacts the helicopter. this is a storyline I find interesting, it could be the helicopter is from the "Commonwealth" in the comics. that would be cool.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wow...I was not expecting that.
Man I’ve never been so attached to a tv show before.
I can’t believe he’s gone.

The talking dead has Andrew Lincoln and Melissa McBride - Carol, on tonight.
Gonna watch that for sure.
Such an emotional ride. Especially when he was talking with Herschel.
I had a feeling the first bridge sequence wasn’t real.
I was just hoping he wouldn’t snap out of it and realize he just kissed a walker.
But god damn I can’t believe there’s no more Rick Grimes.

Edit- then the last couple min came on.
And it’s what I feared.
Should of just ended with the bridge being blown
edit on 4-11-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Omfg.. Rick Grimes movies with his life with the helicopter people....
Why do they effin take something amazing and then completely utterly piss on it and grind it into the ground.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I hate that they are making Michonne sick with something (cancer?). I think that's just cruel and unfair, in a world already cruel and unfair.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

man, I am still digesting the ending. not what I expected, at all

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I havent seen it yet, in Australia, so please spare any spoilers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join