It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWD - Rick Grimes final episode tonight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: Macenroe82
What did you guys think of Negan tonight?
I loved it.

Seeing him completely broken. Completely gone.
Ricks plan worked like he said it would.

Death would of been too easy for him.
Getting off free.
I was expecting him to try to fight Maggie. But he’s just too far gone now.
A shell of his former self.

I thought it was awesome. Better punishment than death, although I thought he might be faking it.

He is IMO. The only way to make Maggie not kill him.

Could be real though. He's been in that cell for over 18 months.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Awesome episode. Loved it.

Would have been satisfied with Rick dying in the explosion but I'm also intrigued with the possibilities that have just presented themselves.

I feel Rick will make some sort of appearance in the final season/series finale episode.

And if he never re-appears? I'm cool with that too.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

all good, I've got it, still at work unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I would have been happier if they just killed him off but noooo...… now they are going to do off shoot shows/movies (as per Talking Dead) staring Rick and some of the cast members that have been killed off long ago WTF ???? Just why ?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

Just why ?

Money.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Exactly,
Never let a good story stand in front of money.

I don’t like that he’s alive either. I much rather had him die at the end than try to think that he can’t get back to his family.

And now little Judith - 7 or 8 years old, out playing in the woods by herself.
Not buying it.
Judith Effin Grimes or not. Still a child.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I don't think so. I think Negan KNEW she was coming to kill him and acting like that was the only thing that could save him. He even kind of smirked a little once she left.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So.. this is where we are at...

Sigh..

I stopped reading the comic at the beginning of the all out war arc because I didn't want to spoil the show for myself.

Also the plots and character arcs get a bit muddled in my mind with the slight variation in the comics to the series. I had the same problem with game of thrones.

I wish I quit the show and kept reading the comic.. I believe you provided me with the link to the free online comic.
Would you mind re linking it for me? I seem to have lost the bookmark.

As far as last nights episode, I thought it was awful. The only real highlight of the show for me was the Herschel scene. That was a beautifully shot piece of cinematography in my opinion.

The downsides were almost to many to list.

The tnt just laying on the bridge with no guard? Really? Just two episodes earlier they didn't want to leave a wooden cart for fear of it being destroyed by zombies or stolen.. so they just leave two crates of tnt laying in the middle of the bridge they just finished repairing, knowing there are still insurgent sanctuary workers..?

If they wanted it there as a back up, in case the horde came through so they could blow the bridge, wouldn't they stick a guard with a walkie and a gun there to watch it?

-

Don't get me started on Terminator Rick..
Impaled by rebar, falls off horse twice, gets blown up, swept down river with a gazillion biters , and washes up alone with no bites and alive..

-

10 year old Judith in the woods alone also makes no sense.. with Carl it was different,he practically grew up on the road fighting to survive.. It made sense he was a badass.

But Judith has basically grown up behind the walls of Alexandria, finger painting and gardening.. her being a badass, especially without rick's or Carl's influence seems extremely forced..

I could go on and on and on.. But you know what,

I will still tune in for the next episode..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Yup no problem, here’s the link
All walking dead comics online
And I feel the same way about last nights episode lol

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Thanks Bro much appreciated!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

No problem.
Man it still irks me.
They have all this build up throughout the episode that Rick is just steps away from dying.
There’s no way he could had survived that blast in his condition.
I mean zombies were on fire.
He washes up in a fresh pressed shirt, not a tatter on it.
They put him on O2 and he’s gonna be just fine.

All the build up of him dying, which would of been perfectly acceptable in his case. But no, they want to make movies and are afraid no ones going to be interested unless there’s a familiar face to base it around.
The greed and idiocy rattle my bones. Lol

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I see what they are trying to do. They are attempting at keeping as much of the comic story going forward as possible with a different varying set of characters.

I'm not buying it.

Rick in feature movies? More "WDU" (Walking dead universe) and less of Kirkman's story? Yea, cash grab.

I don't mind if they want to expand on the comics, or build a universe. However to take the main character (as much as they keep saying he is not) and use him to attract other stories is lazy and detracts from everything they are trying to accomplish.

As always, IMO of course.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join