It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I triggered a Gen "I" kid at store - thought he was going to cry or freak out

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

- Something he doesn't like happens and he "triggers" a dumb guy out there who may or may not have a gazillions problems on his own

This. What gazillion problems? Aren´t your main needs fulfilled? You have a bed to sleep and something to eat.
If you don´t then you know what a real problem is. Not being able to decide if you want the red limonade or the green one isn´t a problem.

You just make it appear like that and talk yourself into that.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

- Something he doesn't like happens and he "triggers" a dumb guy out there who may or may not have a gazillions problems on his own

This. What gazillion problems? Aren´t your main needs fulfilled? You have a bed to sleep and something to eat.
If you don´t then you know what a real problem is. Not being able to decide if you want the red limonade or the green one isn´t a problem.

You just make it appear like that and talk yourself into that.

Het, you are all acting like this

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
No, that´s what you want to see.

Please try to come up with coherent thoughts so you don´t need to use a meme to discard anything I´ve written.

It has nothing to do with not granting a better life.
It´s the same thing when you have a child that always leaves the dish half full and it doesn´t want to learn. So you make it sit there for a while.

The lesson: Only take the food you are going to eat. You can have a 5th dish if you want but eat it. It´s disrespectful towards the animal that was killed, the farmer that reaped the corn and the children and people that have nothing to eat all day long.

These are the lessons your generation sees as cruel and hate or maybe racist, too I don´t know. But behind that lesson is a far deeper reason. It´s not to show authority but to teach a lesson for life.

But today "Oh it´s okay sweetheart, we´ll throw that away, you don´t have to eat".
This is where obesity comes from, too. People do not learn the difference between over eaten and not being hungry anymore.

This is only one example out of many!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It´s the same thing when you have a child that always leaves the dish half full and it doesn´t want to learn. So you make it sit there for a while.

Are you a parent? Are you a father or a mother?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Of course. I´m grandparent. Our kids all turned out polite, helpful towards others and are sucessful in life. Our family name is well known in town and that does not come from doing nothing. Civil courage and being a "do´er" in combination with having a spine and value achieves this.

What are you on to, that this is cruel? It´s not like we did that when the first dish wasn´t eaten. When you see this becoming the norm and the child still does not learn or listen, you react.

What´s your problem with this?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

But today "Oh it´s okay sweetheart, we´ll throw that away, you don´t have to eat".
This is where obesity comes from, too. People do not learn the difference between over eaten and not being hungry anymore.

Where are you getting your information from?

Parents who force fussy toddlers to clear their plates could make them more likely to grow up suffering from anorexia, bulimia or obesity.
A study suggests that meal-time battles between pushy parents and picky children could be linked to a range of eating disorders later in life.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Don’t make children “clean the plate.” There’s absolutely no reason to provide pressure for children with normal development and health to eat. Don’t reward children for finishing their dinner with more food (ie, dessert), as children will often eat past their fullness. New research also finds that using smaller plates can help control portion sizes and ultimately will reduce the number of calories eaten. The benefit: it will also trigger less need to ask them to clean their plate; they’ll do so naturally on a smaller plate.
www.healthychildren.org...
edit on 3-11-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
But they did not turn out that way, despite all the smart talk from anti-authorian old 69ers. And now? Is your world now destroyed because it isn´t like in your article? That it depends on the situation is not something you can grasp??

I wasn´t talking about toddlers, I was talking about a child. I don´t know where both meet but I´m talking about an age where they can understand what it means.

Do you have kids?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Do you have kids?

I was a kid that had parents that force fed............mealtimes were very emotionally charged and there was a lot of lashing out happening at the table and liquidised food...oh and a stick for hitting us.
Later on in life I sought help from counselling and found that I wasn't bad for not eating and that because I was in fear I couldn't eat because I was full of fear.

edit on 3-11-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I´m sorry to hear that Itisnowagain. Very sorry. You know my childhood wasn´t roses and rainbows either. I acknowledge that my child will learn behavior without violence and I am very proud my wife and me did accomplish it.

I had a very hard youth and did never intend my own kids to go through this but that does not mean I let everything fly they did only watching.

I hope you see the fault at your parents and not the method. We neither force-fed our children nor did we gave them desserts for eating a whole dish.

We had to do that with our son and it went like that:

He would always fill his plate and only eat half. This started suddenly. So after several times we made it clear to him that he can have as much as he wants but that he needs to be more conscious about what he´s doing.

He recognized that other children have nothing to eat but did not pull the consequences. So after this has been going on for a week, we reminded him before he filled his plate a last time. We gave him every option. We said to him he will sit until that dish is empty but at least the next hour. No playtime outside if he does not listen. He did not listen.

I think he was about 6 or 7 years old.

Since we don´t use violence of any kind (to some this is violence, but let´s keep it real), we opted for this.
So we told him what he will sit an hour longer on the table everytime he does this.

Mind you, we´re not talking about a spoon left but half of a dish. After that we spoke to him what his thoughts are about that. He recognized that it is as unnecessry to sit her as it is overfilling the plate with intent.

After that day, we reminded him once again he can refill as much as he wants but consider his lesson. No problems at all after that. He was neither obese, nor skinny and had healthy eating habbits.

I value that you responded the way you did instead of sidetracking or trying to paint me with a broad brush. Wish you the best and if you ever have kids, remember that some lessons need to be learned. Although not the way you experienced it.

This is how discussions can work, when both come clear and talk about the core issues and not some shallow tit-for-tat approach.

Have a nice day

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.
I understand where you are coming from now that you have explained that your son started not eating suddenly at around 6-7 and that it was him overfilling his plate.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Pretty sure telling the kid to move down so other people can move through the line isn't being a "d!ck"

It's simply reminding the kid that there are other people in the world, and they obviously needed reminded of that. If he took any kind of offense to that, I hope he at least understood he should have moved away out of respect for others.

And that's something sorely missing in today's society. Respect for others.

No matter what goes on in my life, I'm always aware of the needs of others in public. I'm not so selfish as to take up other people's valuable time for my own.

If you think that was d!ckish, I submit you need to redefine your definition.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I recognize we could have served his plate from now on. Regulating how much he would get per dish and taking away the freedom he gained by being able to select his own amount of food.

I was relayed a similar thing about myself. When I was young, I was very picky when it came to what foods I ate and almost more important, where.

So when we we´re visiting our relatives in a foreign country, you can imagine... I did not eat anything. Despite my mother bringing some local "known" food, I did not eat it because it tasted "different".

So after a couple of days eating almost nothing -despite having the option- my pants began to slip down while walking. They made fun of me. The place where we lived was more rural, I never saw or heard an ambulance car. Everytime the ambulance, passed by, they told me that the police is coming to take me because it´s a crime not to eat. That they will put me in a room with bad people such as the man who steals little childrens teeth because they don´t eat.

That made me eat, as you can guess. Those we´re the old methods, we tried to find a middle way without scaring our children. We never shouted >down< at them, we always went down to eye-level and explained the wrong doing. Sure, we had to get louder now and then to demand order when it was necessary.

This is perfectly normal and okay but it depends on the age of the child. A three year old will not understand certain things. That´s why you don´t shout at them but try to explain them and try to understand the reasons behind that.

Our son once drowned a mouse because he thought he´d bath it. After he realized that his mouse was drowning he ran for us but it was too late. We could have called him a killer or thought worse but we asked what he thought he was doing.

He just wanted that mouse to bath, nothing more. So we explained him that since he intended no harm, life will not be mad at him. As long as he learns from his lesson. We we´re entertaining the thought not telling him that the mouse was dead but something like sleeping forever. We opted for telling him but explained him that it was not his intend but from now on has to be more aware towards this.

We gave him the security of counseling in the terms of that whatever is on his mind or any question asked will always be answered. That there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.

It´s arguable what would have been the best here. I could write how old he was but it would not matter. The development of a child is not always fixed to a certain age.

Sometimes we hunted and he understood why we do it. We don´t do it to kill an animal for pleasure, we (today,in this time) do not kill for food primarily but we do it to regulate the forest. Culling the weak (degenerated or life threatening We don´t have natural predators like wolfes that would cull such targets. WW2 destroyed many forests for the wood.

But I drifted.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Kudos, you told some child, who probably has Aspergers, that he's making a social blunder, and the kiddo didn't know how to respond.

I bet you were seething the entire way home, until you wrote this on ATS (for whatever reason)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

No, that´s what you want to see.

Please try to come up with coherent thoughts so you don´t need to use a meme to discard anything I´ve written.

It has nothing to do with not granting a better life.

The lesson: Only take the food you are going to eat. You can have a 5th dish if you want but eat it. It´s disrespectful towards the animal that was killed, the farmer that reaped the corn and the children and people that have nothing to eat all day long.

These are the lessons your generation sees as cruel and hate or maybe racist, too I don´t know. But behind that lesson is a far deeper reason. It´s not to show authority but to teach a lesson for life.

This is only one example out of many!

ohh you are challenged yourself? you don't don't and want to learn how to use this site properly, i see

so tell me why i need to wast precious moments of my life with you and your lack of education. if want to talk to me quote my reply so i know you replied!

That would be a basic and normal thing to expect, speak directly when you reply to me, why can't you do that?

i said lots of things before and you ran away using the picture as an excuse. Can't read?

It is very clear you are unable to adress anything directly and you start with you passive aggressive talk again, look away and don't let reality hit you inthe face

you are just the perfect example of what you hate the most lol

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: theantediluvian

OP is just too Alpha for you. It's ok beta boy. Let the men do the work. You just sit back in the back of the pack with the wimins and chidrins.

We get it dude, you’re very insecure.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay
I don´t force you to reply to me. In fact I´ve told you I´ll ignore them but while scrolling over your post to get to the bottom this caught my eye:

so tell me why i need to wast precious moments of my life with you and your lack of education. if want to talk to me quote my reply so i know you replied!

You are talking to a wall here, kid. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber because of reading t. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Hugs and kisses,
verschickter

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Or type. Me when I am shopping if checkouts are full I just walk to garden center to checkout usually little to no traffic there.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: StookieWilliams

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: theantediluvian

OP is just too Alpha for you. It's ok beta boy. Let the men do the work. You just sit back in the back of the pack with the wimins and chidrins.

We get it dude, you’re very insecure.

Another "guy" who sits down to pee. Again, step aside so the men can do the hard work.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

a reply to: BoneSay
I don´t force you to reply to me. In fact I´ve told you I´ll ignore them but while scrolling over your post to get to the bottom this caught my eye:

You are talking to a wall here, kid. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber because of reading t. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Hugs and kisses,
verschickter

So unable to answer with something smart,

нет, run away again

You clearly have issues on your own, you were a kid too, how much you have failed to honor that? So so lame this is, you may think im dumb, but i can see your pasive agressive attitude and as an adult looks tereible lame. And you think im immature? lmao

You just confirmed all i said before, how sorry i am for you

Blah blah blah blah blah, just like you

But thanks for at least replying properly this time instead of running away and whispering things away in hope i get them through second hand rumors.
edit on 5-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay
But thanks for at least replying properly this time instead of running away and whispering things away in hope i get them through second hand rumors.

Don't worry about what people say behind your back, they are behind you for a reason...

....sorry, couldn't resist.

I know...exit left

Peace

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join