It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I triggered a Gen "I" kid at store - thought he was going to cry or freak out

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I see that the same way.
Asking someone to hurry up a bit because he´s already taken 4 minutes to take two steps aside is not rude or unpolite.

Spending 4 minutes (those who think it´s two should read the OP again) oblivously packing away stuff when it can be done 2 feet away, a 2 second move. And all that after the fact that his stuff was already bagged, which BoneSay just stupidly ignores but keeps on being unpolite, while sternly lifting the finger demanding other to be polite.

That´s rude and not polite. Asking this person to hurry up a bit because he´s not alone is not really rude.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Eh, it's not just kids these days who have no consideration for other people's time.

Every single time I work the Electronics department, you have some person ask you to open one of the locked cabinets, quite often impatiently staring at you if you can't immediately drop what you're doing to rush over there, then infuriatingly walk away from the till area after you've already started the transaction to continue browsing for games to go with that PS4, or a case for that phone, or batteries, or... or... or... leaving you standing there with high dollar merch that you have to stay near until the inconsiderate boob finishes browsing. All the while other customers are standing there waiting and there's nothing you can do except apologize to them.

My favorite is the jerks that make you get them locked up merch, then they look at you as you expectantly head to the till and say... "Oh, I have more shopping to do first and I'd rather not do two transactions. I'll be back. Hold that for me." Yeeeaah, no. It's going right back in the cabinet. I have work to do and I can't stand there babysitting a $500 Playstation4 Pro while you go off shopping elsewhere.

Or, even better, they want you to take the merch to the front Cust Service desk for them and we can't leave the Electronics department. That puts us in the position of having to call someone back to Electronics to pick up the item and carry it up there.

FFS people. Get the locked up items last. Don't make our jobs more difficult than they already are.

There's also a special place in hell for people who walk right up to you as you're helping other people and force their way into the area, either physically or verbally, and start talking over everyone to ask for help. Wait your damned turn. Especially if what you need has nothing to do with the photo lab or Electronics. Unfortunately, we are a captive species back there. We can't leave the department and customers know it. So, off they go back to us when they can't find the Polygrip over in Health and Beauty. Heaven forbid they ask the people in that area.

Working retail gives you a window into the worst behaviors of society these days. Inconsiderate, rude, demanding and entitled to everything.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
But but but it´s your job so you get paid for it why should we not make your life hell, waste your time and bring inconvenience to everyone involved?

I feel your pain.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
I see that the same way.
Asking someone to hurry up a bit because he´s already taken 4 minutes to take two steps aside is not rude or unpolite.

Spending 4 minutes (those who think it´s two should read the OP again) oblivously packing away stuff when it can be done 2 feet away, a 2 second move. And all that after the fact that his stuff was already bagged, which BoneSay just stupidly ignores but keeps on being unpolite, while sternly lifting the finger demanding other to be polite.

That´s rude and not polite. Asking this person to hurry up a bit because he´s not alone is not really rude.

Right, so here

1. Help the dumb guy pack his stuff and move him out of the way in 20 seconds

2. No wait.. i have a better idea! act like a dumb adult and spend the next 24 hours bitching about it while complaining that a stupid 17 year old girl in some forum on the internet told about how stupid all this is

pick and choose

Ohh Ohh Ohhhh

edit on 1-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
1) It´s not nearly 12 hours ago. Not 24.
You want to be treated with respect then stop making stuff up and act like an adult.

2) Wake up. I´m not the OP. You seriously need to stop dreaming on the floor and polish your reading comprehensions.

3) You´re a drama queen. Get over it, someone said to another one that he should hurry up. Shed some tears and get yourself together afterwards. The world will go on just as everyday.

Have a nice day.

Edit: And I noticed you edited your post after I answered. Way to go. If you inject yourself in a discussion, loose it and then need to pull the "I´m, a 17 year old buhuuu" after I posted, you´re an unhonest and sly person.

Grow up or crawl back into your safespace.

Pulls the I´m a child card after getting offensive and rude... Unbelieveable.
edit on 1-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

edit on 11/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: Nevermind....PC OVERLOAD and circuit breaker trip!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I wish a big tough guy like you was around yesterday when I was early voting (for the third time) to speed the process up. The line was long and it took about an hour and many of the people were bitching and complaining about the length of time it was taking and giving the three volunteers there crap.

'Why can't you take me first?'

'Why do I have to wait?'

'My kid needs to get to school!'

'Whaaaaaa.'

I waited my turn, got my ballot, voted and then thanked the poll workers. You know why? Becasue I have patience and tolerance and I'm not unhinged.

edit on 1-11-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I work construction since I was 13 for a Good 20 years.

Each few years the workers get lazier and lazier and weaker and weaker.

I bet grip strength Is at an all time low among teenage males.

The work I do is not for everyone, I had young guys come out and try what i do and just get over whelmed by the heat and noise before they even start the physical labor.

And slow as hell....

Need a lot of patience

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It really does sound like OCD to me. He was probably not trying to be impolite. I know it seems like having him move down seems like it would not be a big deal, but to someone with bad OCD, it could literally cause severe trauma. Their brain just does not work that way. If they have everything in order, then are forced to move it instead of packing it away, it would probably set off alarms in his brain that would be traumatic.

I don't know much about OCD, but I have 3 children with ADHD, and believe I have un-diagnosed ADHD myself. My middle son has just been diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder. For years we have been trying to figure what was going on with him. Just so hard to handle, and get him to do things in a proper way. My wife and I have felt like we were at whits end for years. We actually had a therapist and OT both tell us they give up, they did not know what to do.

I had never heard of Sensory Processing Disorder, but after being told about this and looking at the symptoms, it was like we were reading specifically about him. Every single thing he does, fits in perfectly.

Before children, I was a non believer in ADHD, OCD, and the like. I thought it was bad parenting, lack of discipline, etc. I now know better. What is the cause? Don't know. My wife blames herself, that it is something she did during pregnancy, which I don't see how. No smoking, alcohol, drug use. Good diet, exercise, etc. I think it may be more environmental, all the nasty stuff we are all exposed to on a daily basis, it may be the cause of the rise in the numbers we see.

In general, there are a lot of jerks out there, heck I am even one from time to time. There are also people out there with real issues. So he made you wait an extra 4-5 minutes. Take a deep breath, relax and move on. It sounds like he was dealing the best way he knew how. Sometimes you just have to cut some people some extra slack. If the person was an obvious jerk, then all bets are off.
edit on 1-11-2018 by MrRCflying because: spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You actually boast about picking on a kid whose great crime is making you wait a few minutes. Wow. How horrible!!!

No No No

the Op later posted that they just want opinions if they were in the right to do what they did.

yet we can all read the title of this thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There was a person interviewed the other day(he wrote an entire book on the topic) that says kids born in the mid-nineties until now that had bulldozer parents can't handle anything in the real world now. They never developed emotional coping skills, there parents protected them and did everything for them and they think that's how the world is. So when something happens like the OP posted they break down.

There is something to be said for teaching children coping skills to adversity, and I am not talking about being bullied everyday at school, I am talking about something doesn't go your way once in a week and the person has an emotional meltdown.
edit on 1-11-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

the Op later posted that they just want opinions if they were in the right to do what they did. 

Interesting... And good to know -- thank you. That's actually quite heartening. I'm so glad I could oblige the OP

yet we can all read the title of this thread.

Indeed. And the OP as originally written. But we all do what we know, and when we know better we do better. This might be a learning experience for many. If nothing else, an example of who people don't want to be.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
There was a person interviewed the other day(he wrote an entire book on the topic) that says kids born in the mid-nineties until now that had bulldozer parents can't handle anything in the real world now. They never developed emotional coping skills, there parents protected them and did everything for them and they think that's how the world is. So when something happens like the OP posted they break down.

There is something to be said for teaching children coping skills to adversity, and I am not talking about being bullied everyday at school, I am talking about something doesn't go your way once in a week and the person has an emotional meltdown.

Nope.. No expectations on coping skills anymore.

Everyone gets a participation trophy, their are no losers, the world owes you something, everyone is equal, their are no consequences to actions so just cry a bit harder so you will get your way and anyone that disagrees with the above is bullying you.

Basically a whole generation of kids is being setup to fail by being raised this way.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm guessing the OP has never ventured outside of the first world... Or else the OP would probably have gained some patience skills.

A whole 4 minutes lost for waiting in line for him to move? Why not just go up next to him and start your business and let him decide if he wants to move or not?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

I'm guessing the OP has never ventured outside of the first world... Or else the OP would probably have gained some patience skills.

its a good idea to explain the attitude.

yes many westerner's lives are just too rushed and filled with things of no value.

A whole 4 minutes lost for waiting in line for him to move? Why not just go up next to him and start your business and let him decide if he wants to move or not?

A thread on ATS wouldn't be as interesting if there wasn't any conflict or negativity involved.

You said it

its a first world problem

having to wait a few minutes at a drive through or at a check out counter because someone is different to the rest of us.

If only the starving kids of the 3rd world knew what horrors use 1st worlder's have to face.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
TLDR: OP was impatient to get back to ATS, told some kid in a grocery store check out line to move it along and possibly got glared at.

OP: Please update on any further developments!

Be!! End

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Did you tell him to get off your lawn while you were at it?

You act like "generation i" are the only people doing this. Personal case:

Someone who I assume was in their 50's based on appearance was behind me at a coffee shop. This place has an app you can use to pay and you get reward points. Their app wasn't working and I ended up having to pay with my card. This wonderful considerate person sighs and starts tapping their foot. I get the chip read error on my card and I have to do it again. Suddenly they tap me on the shoulder and tell me how they have places to be and to hurry it up. I finish, put my card away, and wait on my drink.

The older person then tries to write a check. At a coffee house. They throw a fit when they won't take it. After a big hullaballoo they pay in cash. Their whole incident caused a modest line to grow about 10 deep.

People of all ages have these types of entitlement issues. It's one of the worst parts of modern day life. Everyone else is just an inconvenience. The OPs reaction to the person in front of them is just as bad and entitled as the kid oblivious to the growing line behind him. The OP wasn't polite, didn't offer to help, and acted like their time was more important. I guess at any age people can still act like spoiled brats.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I see that the same way.

Say whatever you want about me i don't care

I have lived on the streets almost begging for food, sleeping under a park bench, getting hand outs and feeling sorry for me and then i have come out of that and worked and help people when i can which are like i was

Your concept of self entitlement is ridiculous and this entire thing is meaningless to me, your clearly are triggered and need a safe space where everyone thinks first about your special needs then into their own special needs. You are all mindless self entitled geezers who can't handle the world doesn't turn around you.

You act like weak people. Act like a soldier, if you need to move and there's a rock on the way, move the f*cking rock and be done with it or find a way around it, stop complaining

And this goes to you and everyone who still complains while being the same

Triggery people is all you are, and then you wonder why young people get triggered so easy, well they clearly learned from the best

And if you reply at least have the common sense of quoting me so that i am aware

Also, i have no trouble talking about my age, do you have a problem talking about your age? From where i am, age is significant because it describes where you are coming from on introductions and conversations, and even our names can be changed based on age, so for me is customary when i talk to people on the internet to tell them my age so we have a better idea of why we may have different opinions, but you have a trauma with that somehow and assume it is a "card" to get protection or whatever, i don't need that

I edit my posts because English is my third language and i make lots of mistakes and i don't care about why you think i did it, sometimes i miss writing something and i come back and edit it to add or change to explain better what i wanted to say if i read my post back and notice i failed to explain properly

And yes you are so triggered that you are here talking and complaining and not getting it at all

Whatever dude

Oh, any real grown up would just have moved the other persons things away and proceed, explain why you think that's not the reasonable thing to do

Or maybe you feel like anyone else is not worth your time and effort? civility is dead in the US, grown ups failed to teach it to kids and then they complain about it. LMFAO

Oh also, before you pick what to ignore and what to misunderstand, i talked about when i was homeless not because i care about having empathy or whatever, and not because i want people to go all "ohh poor sayra out there lonely and hungry". I don't care at all

I talk about it because i want to make it clear that if you are out there in the world then you can't complain and instead go do whatever you need to do to get what you need and move on. Stop complaining and wanting everything to revolve around what you want and drop your self entitlement

If you don't care about that guys needs and how dumb or slow he can be, why should he care about your needs? Yes i know you are not the OP but you think the same and you called me

And all that after the fact that his stuff was already bagged, which BoneSay just stupidly ignores but keeps on being unpolite

Well i may be stupid, but at least i know that people need to help each other and to not kick the guy that has fallen down already, you guys are why America is getting and looked at like a weak country, as said before just help him out of the way and be done with it, how hard can that be?

Look at us here discussing a meaningless issue, how do you not see clear how dumb this entire thing is? Found myself in line waiting and the guy can't handle his own stuff i reach and bad the things in 10 seconds and move along with my life, end of it.

You old guys are the architect of your own destruction, you just don't know it yet

edit on 2-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

you wasted all that time to write this reply that I did not even read

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

a reply to: BoneSay

you wasted all that time to write this reply that I did not even read

Yes, it made me feel special, just like you lmao

Poor minded people are best to trigger, they run aways so easy, scared to face the world and confront problems, they rather bitch and rant on the web, and when they have to face reality they skip away and don't read

triggery people are fun lmao

oof and yeets away.

You should have gone "Reeeeeeeeeee" then run away.. oh wait that's what you did! LMFAO!

Important announcement: you have been infected by gen-I bug

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join