It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I triggered a Gen "I" kid at store - thought he was going to cry or freak out

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It´s not easy but the important thing is to be natural. Normally I dislike being touched but there it was kind of bearable. I quit that job though after a couple of years. It wasn´t the touching or being drooled on sometimes. Or that they touch you and you feel sticky.

It were the screams and sometimes aggressive types. Wish you the best

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

For you maybe

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: SeaWorthy
You hit something here.

I was beaten daily for stuff I did not do. By beaten I really mean beaten up. Not some slap on the fingers. Some times I did not even see it coming. Was minding my business and the next moment I was cowering on the floor trying to protect my neck, face and back all at once.

I could barely walk away at times and I still humble on one foot because of an broken ankle that did not heal correctly because he thought I´m just simulating and was sent to work in the barn!!! My nose never grew straight together.

You know # my son.

I will not walk on eggshells and think everyone is near suicide and I could push the one. You all overexaggerate this situation. After four minutes it was about time someone speaks up. Bad day or not.

My god.

I am older than you I would bet my son! But I don't talk trash to my fellow posters.
TWO MEASLY MINUTES!

we are well past the 2 min mark after returning his bag to the counter). I said "there are people behind you you know" loud enough for him to hear but not to cause a scene or anything.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
...you know.. forget it.

We were both not there. I think you are the one making this bigger than it is.
Someone said to another person to hurry up a bit.

Internet is going bait# crazy....

edit on 1-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: verschickter

Please. There was no honorable or practical purpose for passive-aggressively heckling a kid obviously having a difficult time. And there is absolutely nothing good about then bragging about it.

All the kid knew was that someone behind him was making comments. We're not even sure the kid could hear clearly, or that the person was speaking to him. Distracting to say the least, perhaps intimidating as well. Either way, it didn't help.

At no time did the cashier suggest a better way to him, who was in a position to do so. Nor did the cashier offer help to get him on his way -- or at least out of the way.

Nor did the OP or anyone else offer him help, or clearly and nicely suggest he move aside -- presuming there was room to do so. A simple friendly "Can I help you get organized? Let's get out of the way so the line can keep moving..." would have gone so much farther for everyone's sake. And the kid would have learned better in the best way.

Instead, the OP spoke only from the anonymity of a group, indirectly, softly at first, then a little louder, from behind him -- and not even immediately behind him. We have no idea what or how much the kid even heard -- or who said it.

Nor did the OP address the cashier -- or her manager -- about the issue... The adults who actually have the responsibility and the ability to do better by their customers -- both the kid struggling and the customers waiting.

It would also seem that the kid shouldn't have been checked out at Customer Service to begin with, which would be the cashiers first mistake. Or perhaps it was allowed, and the store needs to change that policy for expediency. It's the store that owes the customers a standard of service -- including inexperienced and awkward kids who are struggling with their purchases.

And those who pick on the weaker and less experienced -- such as an adult picking on a kid -- is a bully.

Ok tinkerbell. I'd like to know how many people thought I was bragging about this. I sure hope you don't have kids or are married, I can't imagine how much you misinterpret with them.

The cashier, WAS the manager. You see she had no problem with me saying anything, and even agreed with it because I was correct in doing so. She had 4 other people in line to take care of. The store probably has a non-confrontational policy towards customers, much like most every other store you go to. I just can't get over how blind you are and how unperceptive you are.

He had his stuff in a shopping bag, like everyone else in the GD store when they pay. It was his choice to play re-arrainge the goods, in the middle of the line, when he didn't need the service of the cashier, and 4 others did (it may have been more by that point, I didn't count after the first comment). Why couldn't he walk out with the plastic grocery bag and not put it in the satchel? NO MATTER what you say, it should have ended there, but HE chose to hold everyone up. It doesn't matter his reason for moving stuff around, there are 4 benches right in front of the check-out lanes and another 8 outside the store if he wanted to get all fancy with his color coordination of his sundries.

But please make more excuses b/c it is helping, I won't tell you what, but you are doing a good job.! Thanks!

I can't believe you keep crying about it

I'm 17 and i was though to be honest and gentle with people with problems, you are probably like a hundred years old and keep complaining you are not given a special place, talk about snow flake people!

Stop complaining and help him out of the way and be done with it, do you need a safe space to buy your groceries?

I can't believe there are people so fragile that have to spend time looking down on some dumb kid and then go home and spend even more time insulting him on the internet, you are lame and a failure as an adult

You remind me of those who fail to go into the army because they go and sign for it then they feel afraid of all the gun noises and how they could be killed at anytime out there

Answer this, if you were out there and one of your friends gets shot and you have to carry him back to safety, would you do? Or you would run away and leave him on the ground because you know that if you turn your back to the enemy you may also be shot while carrying your brother in arms?

You are a lame adult, i don't care what you think about me

You are bragging and making excuses so lame that i start feeling sorry for you

Ohhh i found a 15/16 year old guy who was having some trouble, i felt so great and above him i looked down on him, ohhh i am so big and great! ohhhhhhh let me breath for a bit.. Ok i have breath, now let me tell you all about how i made him feel like a fool because i am better than him and he spent 2 minutes of my precious life bagging his stuff in front of me! ohhhhhhh

That's how you look right now

You can slap me if you want, i bet you also think i'm dumb because i don't agree with you, i don't care. You don't get it at all. Life and the world doesn't turn around you or whatever you want to do and if you are going crazy so much about 2 minutes lost then you have a mental issue lmao
edit on 1-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I´m amused that some of you don´t see the hypocrisy in labeling someone who is slow at the counter as

"someone with problems"
"asberger syndrome"
"OCD"

when in reality you all have no idea. Not the OP, not me and not you.

This is the real elephant in the room, that this stuff needs to made up to shine the light on the OP how he could dare to speak up to such a dreamer.

He had his goods already bagged, he could have just grabbed the bag and go on his way the second he paid.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I´m amused that some of you don´t see the hypocrisy in labeling someone who is slow at the counter as

"someone with problems"
"asberger syndrome"
"OCD"

when in reality you all have no idea. Not the OP, not me and not you.

This is the real elephant in the room, that this stuff needs to made up to shine the light on the OP how he could dare to speak up to such a dreamer.

Like i said, assumptions are wrong, but a big one was made right from the beginning on the OP, wasn't it?

All of these is idiotic stuff

Simple solution:

-Hey have a problem? Let me help you
"Gets all the stuff in the bag in 20 seconds"
- Away you go...

But no, bitch bitch bitch

Then go home a bitch more at the ATS website because let's bitch, because bitching is so great and i feel so much better than the guy i'm bitching about

Ohhh please

And yes let me hear it all about how i don't know a thing and "you'll know once you grow up" but guess what i can see right now how i don't want to grow up, thanks for the advice on how i will not be or behave once i'm an old cat lady that knows it all LMFAO

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

He had his stuff already bagged. He could have left the second he paid. Please read.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

He had his stuff already bagged. He could have left the second he paid. Please read.

Somehow he didn't, and had trouble doing it, can you handle context?

So if he has trouble with that, and you are not able to spend 2 minutes waiting, so help him and move on.

I thought that was part of being civil, for people who can't be as equal or have trouble. Apparently that's not true at all

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Think again, the entire thread is about how he failed to bag things on time and delayed the rest of the line by 4 minutes or so, and it turned into a bitching thread of about 24 hours or whatever, when it would have been sooooooooooooo and oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh soooooo easy just to reach and help the guy bag the idiotic stuff in 20 seconds and move on and never remember again that you spent 20 seconds helping some unknown person who you don't know may or may not have problems that no one cares about. Just help him out of the way and be done with it!

Geezers always complaining about whatever they can complain about

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

There it says that he had his good already in a bag but proceeded to try to jam it into his bag. This took an eternity and the OP wasn´t even the only one already getting pissy.

But it´s always okay to asume someone is mentally unfit because he wastes the time of others. That´s okay but god beware if someone tells to hurry up because they take 2 minutes to rebag their goods that are already bagged.

Last post, read the #ing op.

Now he tries to put his 1/2 full plastic bag in his satchel, had a tough time maneuvering it and finally got it in there (all while not sliding down the checkout to allow another customer - clerk is just staring at him) but then both straps wouldn't close, only one, so out came the bag and that was a real task for him. He finally got it out, put back on the counter (we are well past the 2 min mark after returning his bag to the counter). I said "there are people behind you you know" loud enough for him to hear but not to cause a scene or anything. The other customers in line looked at me and nodded/shook heads and smirked/smiled.

So then each item came out of the shopping bag and placed one by one, just so, inside the satchel, after at least another minute I said something like "hey kid, can you slide down the counter and do that, we've got 5 people behind you, your not the only one here" - Again not loud but louder so he would here me this time and I wasn't pissy yet. He turned around with a look like he was either going to break out in tears or flip out in some manner and glared at me like I just stomped on his new puppy. He then took his bag and placed it in his satchel and as he walked off, you know what, the world didn't end. I think he even got both straps to snap!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
and then the internet melts down.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think the word we're looking for is tolerance...

I would have said something myself after 4 min but not with the intent of making somebody cry or freak out. Maybe offered some help or something...dunno

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

There it says that he had his good already in a bag but proceeded to try to jam it into his bag. This took an eternity and the OP wasn´t even the only one already getting pissy.

But it´s always okay to asume someone is mentally unfit because he wastes the time of others. That´s okay but god beware if someone tells to hurry up because they take 2 minutes to rebag their goods that are already bagged.

Last post, read the #ing op.

Now he tries to put his 1/2 full plastic bag in his satchel, had a tough time maneuvering it and finally got it in there (all while not sliding down the checkout to allow another customer - clerk is just staring at him) but then both straps wouldn't close, only one, so out came the bag and that was a real task for him. He finally got it out, put back on the counter (we are well past the 2 min mark after returning his bag to the counter). I said "there are people behind you you know" loud enough for him to hear but not to cause a scene or anything. The other customers in line looked at me and nodded/shook heads and smirked/smiled.

So then each item came out of the shopping bag and placed one by one, just so, inside the satchel, after at least another minute I said something like "hey kid, can you slide down the counter and do that, we've got 5 people behind you, your not the only one here" - Again not loud but louder so he would here me this time and I wasn't pissy yet. He turned around with a look like he was either going to break out in tears or flip out in some manner and glared at me like I just stomped on his new puppy. He then took his bag and placed it in his satchel and as he walked off, you know what, the world didn't end. I think he even got both straps to snap!

Maybe you are the one that needs to read better

Like i said, assuming either way is stupid, and you have already assumed one way

You know what assumptions are?

The mother of all f*ck ups

And you already assumed lmao

I'm sorry you are triggered by what i said, go to your safe space old person, i won't bother you anymore with my dumb ideas that don't align with your safe space where you can make fun and look down on people different than you

Act like a stomp fool

No! no! they have to obey how i was told, you do things the way they said or you are wrong! I don't care! if you can't move fast enough you are not worth of being alive! You go to the burner! to ashes with you! We don't need slow people, or with bad genes! we are better, Better i say!

That's how you all sound right now, in case you haven't noticed yet

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
@BoneSay
I´m not triggered gosh.. You need to polish your reading comprehension.

a reply to: operation mindcrime

I don´t think it was his intend. I did not get the vibe that he was sorry but for me it does not read like he wanted him to cry either. He wanted to proceed in his day.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Well then...fair play.

Heck I get honked at for not having my car in motion within the first 0.005 sec. of the lights turning green. I say 4 min. is pretty long..

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 01 Nov 2018 03:12:27 -0500am3012201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

And I guess you´re still alive.

Basically that´s everything I say. It wasn´t heckling or picking on a child. The OP actually readressed this and wrote he could have been older like 18 or even more. So what I see is people on the internet who want to be enraged.

But somehow I´m triggered...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

@BoneSay
I´m not triggered gosh.. You need to polish your reading comprehension.

I don´t think it was his intend. I did not get the vibe that he was sorry but for me it does not read like he wanted him to cry either. He wanted to proceed in his day.

Lmao, by the time i am dying of old age like you all are i will take over the world and then implement the triggery camps, where you will old be placed to spend the rest of your triggery old days, complaining about how no one cares about all the stuff you keep complaining about instead of learning how to be polite and learn how to deal with people with different capabilities, just like you will be for sure at that time

Trigger trigger, but not the trigger you will want to have in your hands once you are unable to control what happens.

I will have some people go every now and then to freak you out too and tell you to move it fast because you are wasting our time, i bet you will not like that :p

By the way i'm just kidding but i bet someone else will do something like this at some point, and you even may be already in the way to that camp you just don't know it yet

Oh wait people in the US place their parents on retirement homes once they feel they are useless and an inconvenience! LMFAO, they you go!

So i guess, this kind of thinking is related to that, right? Oh so slow and stupid, get out of the way!, then it goes back to parents and the children learn the same and then the fool gets sent the same over and over and over?

Now i get it, no need to say more

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Problem being, I don´t live in the US. How ignorant of you to think everyone on this board lives in the US. Tells more about you then you want.

You do realize I´m not the OP, do you?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I totally agree with you on the fact that people should always be polite to one and other. Just because you are allowed to hurt somebody's feelings doesn't mean you should. I guess empathy plays a large role and some people just aren't in such good contact with that capacity.

But what are you gonna do?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join