It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media trying to make Nationalism a racist idea

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Actually it doesn't say that and you are making it up. It says promote your nations interests over others.

So here is my question, should Americans be promoting the interests of America or China? Do you think America should be placing the interests of China above the interests of America? I honestly don't expect you to answer, maybe you will shock me.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Screw politics

(post by Blarneystoner removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
It’s called ‘hivemind’ and every person with an iq less than 10 belongs to it.

The media included.

Nationalism is NOT even slightly or remotely even related to racism regardless of the mental gymnastics needed to make such a low-iq leap.

But stay tuned, a lib will be along soon to prove us all wrong with their ‘intellectualism’

It's not racist at all; it's actually just prejudice. Nationalism is literally putting a flag over everything and blindly supporting that flag whilst claiming you're proud to do so.

People make comparisons to racism, because the comparisons are obviously relevant, how ever, it's solely a comparison. I'm not liberal by any stretch and I can see clearly how prejudiced Nationalism is. It is never a good thing.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Where did you grow up and live now? Why can't you fly that flag and also be a nationalist?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Sorry nationalism is not blind support. Try again.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm for immigration, obviously my points are going in one ear and out the other since you are calling me a racist now.

Also immigration papers weren't really a thing until 1918, even then it was just a passport needed.

Ever heard of the term wop? People think it means 'without papers' for italians in the early 1900s, it doesn't since you didn't need any to get into the country, like my grandfather did, he just got on a boat and away he went.

And I don't care if your wife is this or that, fact is she's an immigrant, great, just like the people I was stereotyping based off how much of a melting pot the US is because of immigration. And little Juan and his father have every right to WALK into the US or fly, or take a boat, and seek assistance to become a citizen. That is the point I have been pushing all these posts, but you're too hell set on finding a flaw in my logic, THAT I AM FOR IMMIGRATION, LEGALLY. Just go back and re-read my posts and I have said time and time again that people need to get in and become a citizen or integrate or go home, easy.

Not everyone has the support or fiances to immigrate like people from some places, but does that mean they should be turned away if they want to immigrate?

Your argument is that you're for legal immigration, but that if someone doesn't have the means, to allow illegal immigration to become legal. That's not for legal immigration, that's making illegal immigration legal, which skirts the entire purpose there is a gate in the first place.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Gymnastics you're doing, so many flips and you don't even see it.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Sorry nationalism is not blind support. Try again.

Yes it is; nationalism was started from propaganda, didn't exist before it. You can claim "that's not what it means to me" and that's all well and good, but because you choose to assign a different definition, doesn't make me wrong.

Nationalism IS propaganda. Prove me wrong.

In practice nationalism can be seen as positive or negative depending on context and individual perspective. Nationalism has been an important driver in independence movements around the world, such as the Greek Revolution, the Zionist movement that created modern Israel, and the Irish Revolution. It also was a key factor in the Holocaust perpetrated by Nazi Germany, and the establishment of the Confederate States of America whose stated objective was the preservation of white supremacy.

In every instance of nationalism recorded in history, you see blind support and fanaticism, no matter how terrible the achievements of the nation are...

Because you're blindly supporting the flag and being proud because; well -- just because.

You shouldn't have pride in anything that you didn't make, and I find it hard to be proud of ANY government, simply because I'm not involved in them. This is NORMAL behavior, where being proud of a government you're not involved in is completely crazy as it stands independent to you. Nationalism is when you've become brainwashed by your nation's government. It's when you become a servant to the public servants. It's an extremist position that isn't based in rational logic. I would call it a mental illness. The same as racism or any other prejudice on the planet.
edit on 26-10-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It says a little more than just interests...
Every nation has it's own interests, but when you have a globalized world like we have today you need to invest in the interests of others.

Plus the US had lots of 'interests' after ww2, hence why NATO and the UN were invented.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What?
You arent making any sense. Illegal immigration is people coming into a nation and just staying there with no means or purpose to become a citizen, and they usually get caught.
Legal immigration is people coming here with a purpose. But when you start barring people outright, it seems like everyone who steps foot into that nation is an illegal immigrant.

The points I was making earlier were for people who just showed up, walked in. Should they just be thrown out? Or should they be given a chance?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

What?
You arent making any sense. Illegal immigration is people coming into a nation and just staying there with no means or purpose to become a citizen, and they usually get caught.
Legal immigration is people coming here with a purpose. But when you start barring people outright, it seems like everyone who steps foot into that nation is an illegal immigrant.

The points I was making earlier were for people who just showed up, walked in. Should they just be thrown out? Or should they be given a chance?

Showing up and walking in is Illegal. Staying with or without a purpose by going around the immigration system is illegal. Yes, if you just show up and walk in, you should be thrown out.

You come in on a stamped visa for work, while you're working, you apply for citizenship; yeah -- you get to stay, because you didn't just show up and walk in.

But I'm not making sense?
edit on 26-10-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Call me Nostradamus, how did I know you would not answer.

Should the politicians of the US put the interests of China ahead of the interests of the US?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

Yes it is; nationalism was started from propaganda, didn't exist before it. You can claim "that's not what it means to me" and that's all well and good, but because you choose to assign a different definition, doesn't make me wrong.

It has nothing to do with me you are lying. The original definition of nationalism meant the same as patriotism. You claiming otherwise is simply a lie.

Word Origin and History for nationalism
n.
1844, "devotion to one's country;"

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

They arent . Never did and never will. Who put China before the US? Otherwise they wouldn't be politicians in the USA. Your question has so many holes in it that just lead to more questions and assuming.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So why are you arguing with me? That's been my point this while time that if someone walks in with intention they should be shown the way, not barred or thrown out. Remember Juan and his father? If they walk in asking to become citizens should they just be thrown back out?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Actually China was put before the US several times. Trump is the first President in 25 years to put America before China. If you think American interests should come first and our politicians should make sure our trade deals benefit America and do not hurt America you are a nationalist. Sorry you are a racist too.
edit on 26-10-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Prove it. Last time I checked America is a consumer economy that worked with China, no one put china first. The citizens wanted more and the demand was met by China. That's called a capitalist market, no one was put before anyone else.

And what's with people and the labels? Racist? I dont even believe in the concept of race for starters.

edit on 26-10-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Sorry you called me racist for being a nationalist, remember that stupid comment about Juan.

China really is to blame for millions of lost U.S. manufacturing jobs, new study finds

www.marketwatch.com...

www.nationalreview.com...

You clearly have no idea how China's MFN status has destroyed America's economy and how politicians have allowed it to happen by helping China at the expense of the US. It is not a question of if they have done it, they have. The only question is why.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Juan is a probable name for someone from Ecuador.

And I never called you a racist, point it out if I missed it.

Also, no politician caused manufacturing to leave the US, the companies left for their own benefits. A capitalist market is a free market. Do you agree that government should tell companys what they can and can't do?

And Stop playing the blame game. Maybe if people stopped demanding 32 dollars an hour to a mundane skillless job like auto manufacturing then they wouldn't have looked for cheaper alternatives.
Either way, this is getting off topic.

When you dabble in world trade expect to get competition. What is China supposed to do? Just not get into the manufacturing market? That all other nations should just bend the knee to the USA?
But who cares as long America is better than everyone else, screw the allies. The world is different place than it was when it had manufacturing might, so how about this deal with it.

See where being a nationalist shows its dirty side? It's extremely selfish and causes nothing but headaches. I tried to keep out my honest opinion on what i think about people who associate with that word, but in today's world, a global well connected world, it's a very narsasistic mind set.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I just sourced how US policy and politicians put China first. China manipulated markets to make it so US companies could not compete and politicians sat back and watched.

The only one talking about bending knees would be you, stop creating false arguments. NAFTA was a perfect example of putting America last. Trump has renegotiated a fair deal that has no one on their knees, nationalism at work. EVERYONE benefits.

And nope, I see no dirty side to nationalism, you haven't shown one.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join